Reviews for Cinna
m81170 chapter 17 . 11/27/2011
What I loved in this chapter was Cinna's protectiveness of Katniss. How he thought about what was about to be thrust on her, and how she wouldn't know who to trust. It's devastating from all perspectives!

I also like how through Myka, Cinna knows the president is lying and is completely outraged by it. That was a great twist! Can't wait for the rest!
m81170 chapter 16 . 11/27/2011
Ooooooh, hello unexpected Gale encounter!

I loved everything of course, but what I especially loved is that you worked in District 3. I always wondered how exactly Cinna came up with the synthetic fire and I think that was a very plausible explanation. Also, it makes sense why he doesn't alter himself the way Capitol natives do. Love it!
m81170 chapter 15 . 11/27/2011
Wow! I never thought about the fact that Portia was the one who introduced Katniss to Plutarch and the implications of that! Another great little detail you've woven into the web that makes up Cinna's life.

I also love the little interaction with Snow and Caesar about the wedding dresses, and Cinna's protective side. I think you captured his emotions brilliantly!

As a side note, I wondered if Caesar was executed after the uprising. He played such a huge role in the games, but Katniss points out that he always tried to help the contestants in his own way. What do you think?
m81170 chapter 14 . 11/27/2011
In the books, Plutarch is such a weird character for me. He's deceptive, always the Gamemaker. And yet, he's also an integral part of the resistance. I like that he got a cameo here with Cinna.

I wonder what Cinna would have made of him further along in Book 3, if he had lived to really see Plutarch in action.

You're amazing!
m81170 chapter 13 . 11/27/2011
You get extra points for working Peeta in so much this chapter! lol.

Also, I loved that you brought Paylor in. She's not my favorite character, but I enjoy seeing people from the 3rd book shown before the uprising. Is this how Cinna makes Katniss' wedding dress that becomes the Mockingjay costume?

Great job as always!
m81170 chapter 12 . 11/27/2011
I really love how you present Portia and Cinna as a true team at the end. I'm really enjoying getting to know Portia a bit more, as we dig deeper and deeper into Cinna's role in the uprising.

You're doing an amazing job! Can't wait for the next chapter. )
m81170 chapter 11 . 11/27/2011
I really appreciate that you've woven a tale where Cinna was intricately and convincingly involved with the uprising behind the scenes. Reading this is like getting to see the man behind the curtain and I'm loving it!
m81170 chapter 10 . 11/27/2011
I loved this whole chapter, but especially the moment at the end where a seemingly innocent comment from Cinna (about how he would dress any tribute of his) turned awkward, when he realized Prim could be his next tribute.

That made me think of what an interesting story it would be if Prim had become the next tribute, and Katniss had to be her mentor. I'm not sure I could handle it, but I'm sure it would be interesting.

Great job!
m81170 chapter 9 . 11/27/2011
Lines like this: "I say nothing when Octavia coos at the adorable mouse-like children who stare at us from hollow eyes as our procession moves on again." are why I absolutely love your writing!

You pick the smallest details that so many would overlook, like the fact that Octavia keeps mice for pets, and work that into your narrative.

I felt this whole chapter was filled with that. Really amazing job!
m81170 chapter 8 . 11/27/2011
I'm really interested in Portia. She was part of the stylist team, and Peeta's personal stylist, but it always felt to me that Cinna was the one in charge and who came up with the innovative designs. Almost like Portia was Cinna's assistant. But they never specifically stated their relationship that way (I think).

I'm glad you included this so we could get a bit more insight into her character!
m81170 chapter 7 . 11/27/2011
I really love the back and forth between Cinna and Katniss! You definitely get a feel for their friendship!

I also adored the little moment with Prim. It's the first time I really read any interaction from her outside of Katniss' perspective and I think you did a spectacular job!
m81170 chapter 6 . 11/27/2011
I felt the selling of victors was one of the darkest plotlines in the book (which is saying something, given how dark the themes run). Perhaps naively, I imagined that if the revolution hadn't happened, Peeta and Katniss would stand a chance against it because they would be married and belong to each other. Maybe then, Snow wouldn't have sold their bodies (but he is ruthless, so even marriage probably wouldn't have protected them).

I really like how you handled the devastation of this blow to Cinna, as he realized what he had created. It isn't his fault, of course, but I understand why he would feel guilt.

You did a really amazing job!
m81170 chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
This one has been my favorite so far! I loved seeing the Capitol citizens' outcry over the near suicide of Peeta and Katniss (and, as always, love the outside POV from Cinna on the events). But I also especially loved Haymitch and Cinna working as a team to ensure that Katniss could retain her looks and body.

You also briefly mentioned that Peeta essentially a few times while they were trying to fix him up. It reminded me of how his heart stopped beating in Catching Fire, and how Finnick had to restart it. I just think it's interesting how his body refuses to die.

Loved it!
m81170 chapter 4 . 11/27/2011
I especially loved the encounter with Effie in this chapter - her attempt at a joke and her easy banter with Cinna. Her character very much intrigued me during the books - both entertaining and caring, in a way.

I also love the moments with Peeta and Haymitch. Great job!
m81170 chapter 3 . 11/27/2011
Awwww - it was because she was so small. I really like that interpretation. He wasn't observing her as some lifeless mannequin - I love that there's emotion behind it.

Love it!