Reviews for The Circle Must be Broken
Andrei chapter 22 . 1/29
Oh come on, this is even better than all your other stories and again it's not finished.
Do you really enjoy taunting your readers? That's cruel.
AndreiSRL chapter 22 . 1/27
I would really like to see this story finished, it's too good to let it waste away, forgotten...
sonic chapter 22 . 1/5
I liked the chapter!
tempzeta chapter 1 . 1/6
Just to be clear, is Babylon 5 the past of Warhammer 40K?
Necrons are known for temporal shenanigans, as is the warp...
Kylia chapter 22 . 12/30/2017
Indeed she did, but she's alive and that's really what matters.
Macabre Stranger chapter 22 . 11/8/2017
The First story I read of yours was God's Blood and I thought that that story was amazing. A seamless fusion of the Dresden and Stargate worlds. I was impressed with that. However that being said.

I am beyond impressed with this story you have written here. Quite honestly it may be the best piece of fanfiction I have ever read. The way you have combined the two universes and the way you write the characters is incredible quite frankly. I am so excited to see how the story unfolds.

Thank you so much for writing this story. It has really brought life into both of the fandoms for me again. Which, for Babylon 5, is quite the feat considering how long it has been since I last saw it. In fact, I think you may have inspired me to do a re-watch.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/29/2017
I thoroughly approve of your method of slowly easing into the crossover proper. Too many crossovers, I feel, rush into that part, this makes the whole thing seem rushed. Bravo for showing restraint.
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 9/25/2017
so faust seems to be aware of parts of B5 at least
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 9/25/2017
are they already in the B verse, or has the warp event to take them there not happened yet
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 9/25/2017
I like this kerrigan magos, the ship is going to need one of open mind to make use of local tech
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 9/25/2017
nice job establishing an interesting cast of characters instead of your typical mildless space marines
Gustauve-Drakenhime chapter 17 . 9/8/2017
Oh fuck, it's the Black Templars.
It's official; the enemies of the Imperium are fucked.
Praise the Emperor!
Guest chapter 22 . 8/21/2017
pushing buttons on a laptop to find out what will happen is one thing on a spaceship with enough firepower to destroy a solar system it's really stupid
Guest chapter 22 . 6/22/2017
The core of the story is a great war between two vastly-different ideologies, the forces of order and chaos. The Vorlons represent the forces of order and believe that growth comes through organisation, discipline, cooperation, self-sacrifice, etc. They believe their role is to act as stewards and shepherds for the younger races, guiding them towards a more enlightened state by subtle interference in their natural development. Their philosophy is embodied in their question, "Who are you?", which is about somebody's relationship to other people and the universe at large.
The Shadows, on the other hand, are the embodiment of chaos. Their core belief is in the power of evolution, and that evolution is best served by disorder and conflict. By triggering wars, they think that the protagonists in those wars will be forced to make faster scientific progress then they otherwise would have, and that the winners in those wars are genetically superior to the slain and are therefore more likely to evolve and are more deserving of survival. Thus, war and conflict serves as a force to prune the undeserving away, leaving the strong behind to thrive in the aftermath. The analogy they use is that of the ant-hill. If you destroy one, then the ants would build a replacement that is superior to the destroyed ant hill. They therefore choose to execute a cycle wherein they hide away for a considerable period of time, quietly manipulating other races by stirring up conflict between them and then emerge in force to metaphorically kick over all the ant hills. Their question, "What do you want?" encourages those asked to think in selfish terms and put their own needs before those of the groups to which they have a duty.
These points of view are initially set up in the series as those of the good guys and the bad guys, but as the story progresses it becomes clear that things are a lot more complicated than that. While order is portrayed as good and chaos is portrayed as bad, it is not always the case. Order, in the form of a dictatorship for example, can be a force for great evil, and chaos can be a force for good in the right circumstances. Our heroes certainly rely on luck on more than one occasion, and luck can be considered random and chaotic. Meanwhile, the Earth government (ironically under the influence of the chaotic Shadows) try to impose a new order that is authoritarian, oppressive and unjust. The biggest issue is that both sides, the Vorlons and the Shadows, have been so wrapped up in the philosophical debate between their points of view that they are now failing in their role as mentors to the younger races. They would rather wipe out each other's disciples in a pointless all-encompassing war to try and prove to the other side that their position is the right one.
In the end, the Vorlons know who they are, but not what they want, and the Shadows know what they want but don't know who they are. In order to really be in a position to mentor the new races, you must be able to answer both questions. A truly fair galaxy should embrace both order and chaos and not fear either.
TheOtherDoc chapter 22 . 3/27/2017
Glad to see an update! it's been so long since I read it I had to go back and read the whole thing againan absolute pleasure! You seem to have nailed the characterization of the B5 crew, and your original WH40k characters are a joy to read as well. The detail and the culture that you've applied to the Lionhearts and to the general crew of the Endless Bounty is amazing. Your narrative/pacing is excellent, by the way; my only complaint is with the occasional typo that seems to crop up now and againperfectly understandable for writing/editing on a phone, but it's something I'd expect your beta to catch. To me, THIS is the apex of fanfic, much moreso of crossovers... you've managed to do justice to both universes, melding them pretty seamlessly. I'd rate this as high as most of the official fiction that I've read coming out of BL. Excellent work. Can't wait for the next update!