Reviews for Possession
Lady Elvira chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
Hi there!

I really liked the introductory part, to begin with. It is a very deft way of starting out and portraying the very matter on the spot.
Frankly, I do agree, both Cara and Denna are very much alike, even though, both of them act rather differently on the outside. It is also a splendid idea to refer to the rivalry between the two Mord-Sith: Of course they were rivals at the very beginning ... Denna's retreat to spontaneous anonymity was, after all, what enabled Cara to finally rise through the ranks as planned, with no rival within sight.
Giving Darken Rahl the opportunity to reminisce about his two favourites seemed to be rather sufficient as well for this very context - same goes for this character portrayal. It truly was in-character. Indeed amusing that he would have liked to battle Cara verbally more frequently ;) I'd have loved to see that coming!
But for now I do have his superior and smug behaviour to fangirl about ... and his thirst for revenge, obviously. Denna should have known she wouldn't escape him even in death ... but swapping Dennas and Nicci's place would have been a smashing idea! Nicci's definitely nothing more than a treacherous, arrogant witch. And I totally agree with Rahl: Even if Denna and Cara subsequently share these attributes, they portray them with style!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this kind of analysis - it really suited both Cara and Denna well. Although, I think of this Oneshot as well-made, there were some repetitions every now and then that somehow irritated me. Like, for example, when you started out with one attribute and described it very detailed within both Cara and Denna but two sentences afterwards, you came back to that very fact and repeated it again - but in the exact words. No offense, though :)
Nonetheless, I did enjoy the read and would love to see some other Denna and Cara centered work! (Preferably with both of them alive, that is :))

Greetings,
Elvira
Team Mordsith 3 chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
whoa...that was deep. Rahl's mind is like a complex timed bomb. No matter how much you think you understand it, it always surprises you. wow.
adamsfamily chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Again, interesting subject. I wonder why you didn't mention Darken and Cara's son, or maybe I just missed that. I see the child as a HUGE factor in their relationship, since as far as we know, he never had a child with any of his other Mord'Sith.

I have a different take on Darken's relationship with Cara. I think it is clear from the show that he put a special value on her. I believe that, even though he may have had a hard time admitting it to himself, he had feelings for her that went above and beyond the master/servant dynamic you describe. I also think he cared for her for exactly this reason - she got away with challenging him more often than any of the others. Her betrayal obviously floored and infuriated him. I think, in his own admittedly disfuctional way, he loved her as much as he was capable of loving anyone. He did not feel this way about Denna. Darken may have been obsessed with Kahlan, but he depended upon, trusted and really had feelings for Cara. And in the first season of the show, she seemed to reciprocate those feelings.

BTW - regarding the above review - stories placed on are not considered published.
Bluedragon312 chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Nicely done. And a good way to avoid the rule about not publishing fan fics about books by terry goodkind