Reviews for bits and pieces
yo chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Eclair sounds so much better than Clair. so go with Eclair
elfspirit7 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
AWESOME! Please update as soon as you can, can't wait to read the next chapter XD! Please make it Fang/Lightning!
jquackers chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I really like this so far. Your style of writing is nice. And vampires? -headdesk- I imagine them fighting vampires Buffy-style.. though I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. But you know. It just makes me think of that. LOL.

And I personally prefer Claire; when I see Eclair, I always think of food, which sort of distracts me from the story itself. But I think it's just me. Overall, though, I'm okay with either. chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
For me, Claire is fine. However I am (very much) more prefer “E’clair”, Japanese version.

Because I think Claire is plain and ordinary. For I had heard and seen many characters named Claire in many story before.

( I think most Westernarian followed English version because they familiar with Claire more than E’clair that remind them of pastry than “Lightning”, the real meaning in French. However, For I am an Asian, does not familiar with Western pastry much but I heard a lot of name Clair in both real life person and western TV show. )

I like Fang and Lightning in term of friendship or family. Part of I kind of think Fang and Vanille had something for each other. At last, Fang always concern and think of Vanille more than everyone in the group. Whatever status, Vanille is very importance to Fang.
twistedthoughts chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Eclair. I feel Claire loses its connection to Lightning. Though sadly, most of the fandom will know her as Claire but I'm sticking with Eclair.

I like what you have here. Fang/Lightning interaction has always been interesting, whether romantic or platonic. I do hope you continue this.

Of Lightning Stereotype, I think most writers just write her in a way that's best for them. Like I've noticed that in every pairing fandom, she's a bit different. She's a very complex character so probably like you said, people forgo certain elements about her because it wouldn't be necessary(?) in the angle of her they're trying to portray.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Hey there again! xD

Nice little conversational piece, I'm not always much of a fan of fics that focus on events during the game, still nice work here you

have a way with words ;)

I find myself disagreeing with the way people write Lighting a bit same with Hope, Serah and even other at times. But people do see things differently under different situations and like to explore other areas of the characters i guess.

The friendship Lightning had with Hope then with the others and everyones else friendly nature with each other for that matter was nice to see in the game, character interaction in the game was one on the highlights I thought. But as for past that I see a Romantic relationship blossoming between them in years to come with Lighting and Hope, just on a couple of points their more quite and caring nature suite each other and also they compliment each other nicely, I find they match each other perfectly also trying to see it from the characters perspective I can see it happening.

And for your Direction well just write what you want to do its fan-fiction after all and your story at that ;) All the best with it.
kurati chapter 1 . 9/2/2010

Pretty good start to a fic, I must say. I agree with being partial to Lightning/Fang interaction. I admit that I ship the two romantically, but that's probably mostly because of all the great fic I've read about the two. Fang and Lightning friendship is just as interesting, though, and sometimes stories based on that alone can be even more interesting than Fang/Lightning romance fic. Either way, the two just have great chemistry, romantic or not. They're awesome.

Also. While Eclair is...a more visually appealing name than Claire, I think a lot of fans would prefer the latter. If only because that's what Barthandelus actually calls her in the game (though I'm not sure if the Japanese version kept Eclair).

Anyway. Keep it up. Hopefully you continue.
Desert Lion chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
W00t! A fanfiction you wrote which is something I know and like! :D

My only gripe is that the writing's short. But otherwise just nice. Can your hate for the exclusive vampires in Oerba too

Well, on a general whim, I do agree that Lightning's character type is so easily stereotyped into the defensive type. There are instances where Lightning can be seen cold, but there are too instances where she is capable of showing compassion...With Hope, with Fang, with Snow even. However in my own taste, I feel that her interaction with Fang IG is simply...not enough, XD

I know there's a good bit of the game with them, but mreh, I'm a Fang/Lightning fangirl, go me. In terms of game use, unfortunately I don't immediately favour using both of them together, but my taste is more towards (sabo2)Syn. However that's besides the point.

I can't quite see Hope/Lightning, Lightning to me took on a more sisterly/mentor role than one of a potential lover with Hope.
808tenshi chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Nice chapter(?). A bit short, though... You should have written more, but it does leave it nice and open if you do plan to continue.

For a start, the characters are nicely characterized. Though, I don't know the "Vampire" reference, so I figured it must be a localized thing.

As for what you're calling "Lightning Stereotype", agree that some people do go off character in that she can be extraordinarily cold. Novels and her interaction with Hope basically show that that persona is not the case.

I will end here with a good job, and pointedly ignore the question since you know what I think of it.
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 9/1/2010

Anyway, I would personally prefer it if no pairings would exist in this. Game style, you know? However, I agree with you on the whole Lightning Stereotype thing, but she's kind of a complex character. Whether or not I am guilty of this, I'm not certain...I don't *think* so...

As for the whole pairing thing, I'm only comfortable with Lightning and Hope as either his mother figure or a really cool big sister. XD This change happened recently, I used to ship them. Now Hope's with Vanille in my mind since it's so implied. I just don't like Yuri/Yaoi in general.

But I digress. An interesting insight into Lightning! I like your writing style, it has a kind of dreamy, introspective feel. That's really hard to do but you did it very well. I'll be waiting for more. Ciao for now~.
Astarael00 chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I hope "food for thought" was a joke. If you use "Éclair," I will eat something.

Also hm, interesting. You writing FFXIII...I wouldn't've thought. Maybe I should actually finish mine; yours reminds me of it a lot. Might be entertaining to see the difference in how they turn out.
ifellinawell chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Hey there :)

Nice chapter! I encourage you to continue the fanfic, I do enjoy this kind of drabbles.

The Fang/Light interaction is good, they're both very cool and make a great team. Despite that, I don't really see them as a pairing... Fang belongs to Vanille to me XD. Although I like them cause Fang must be Lightning's first "decent" friend :)

About Hope/Light... I love them, their interaction is lovely, and it shows a very sweet side of Lightning, like a big sister or a mother. Not like a lover. Please, tell me you're not gonna make romantic interaction between them, cause it's kind of scary - 7 years? :S I like them because Hope is like the second opportunity for Lightning to do things right, since she didn't with Serah. Never like love interest :S

And Claire instead of Éclair :) I hear "éclair" and I think of a croissant-like thing XD

Keep it up~