Reviews for The Scent of Magic
FrancineHibiscus chapter 8 . 7/18
What a marvelous jewel!
Again, thank you for a thoughtful, insightful story. Many interesting details.
TheEdgeOfTheDeepGreenSea chapter 8 . 7/2
This was so wonderfully, beautifully, deliciously written! Definitely a favourite Sevmione!
IndigoBirds chapter 8 . 5/15
Woooow was this tremendous. Sexy and intelligent; I really enjoyed the journey through this
beffeysue chapter 8 . 4/22
I read this story when you first wrote it, and reading it again now tells me that your marvelous skill is not diminished with the passage of time. Your story telling is as fresh and enchanting today as it was when you first penned it.
Beth
AmaranthPhantom chapter 8 . 4/11
CHRIST that was good
ayeshalestradi chapter 5 . 2/26
This is wonderful. You are a brilliant writer. Your stories are different and I really enjoyed it. I hope ypu won't stop writing. Even though it's been almost 3 years since you last wrote any HP. Thank you for the wonderful stories..
ayeshalestradi chapter 1 . 2/25
The way you wrote Hermione and her parents positively broke my heart. I had read a lot about them, how her parents' memories cannot be restored, or how they were restored but they're mad, or how they're easily restored and all is well again.

But not this. Not a factual reminiscence. As if you're remembering something from a mundane textbook. It's far more awful to be remembered without a feeling rather than to be forgotten at all.
Thank you. I appreciate all the facts, whether or not i recognise them.
I am worrying about Lucius, thats what.
And i think, if a person is able to write good reviews, this person is not an ordinary reader any more.
And i think, how would it be possible not to be affected by your own health or needs or anything. Mothers need to care for themselves before they can look after their children and if they try otherwise, they will fail.
I read this story to maybe feel better afterwards . If i tried writing reviews now they would be awful. So I hope for a happy ending.
tinapo85 chapter 8 . 12/10/2016
This was intense. I feel utterly raw. I think this will be a fic that I come back to read again at a later date. I really feel that these words and my reaction have taught me something about my self, but I can't fully comprehend what that is. I also really enjoyed the depth of knowledge you've conveyed about scents.
Jessie Deal chapter 8 . 10/12/2016
This was quite unusual story. It shows that you read and though about how to write this. I know nothing of perfume or ayurveda so it seems plausible enough. The last sixth and seventh chapters managed to be smoking hot.
Two things I liked a bit less 'though. One is the part of the becoming Master is so cryptic and we never see anything related to it (yes, Hermione explains what it is *supposed* to be, Severus *once* says she isn't making progress and he wants her to try harder - and then leaves it at that! never mentions it again! and to top it Hermione ascends for no apparent reason in the end, too).
The second part is that Severus is aware of who Hermione is to him. He tries to get closer, in his own way. But then he is surprised when cornered with the perfume? He should only be surprised by the timing, not the actual realization.
Stardamage chapter 8 . 10/2/2016
I first read this story six years ago, and have reread it a number times in those years, and thought about it often. It remains one of my favourite fics; its one of the most unique I have read (and I have read many in that time)
I love how the scents themselves are practically a character, and the sense of longing is almost olafactible.
I love the little nods to Patrick Suskind's Perfume, which I should also reread.

It makes me a little sad that this fic doesn't have more reviews, when it has been quite special to me.