Reviews for The Last Vampire
GodzillaFollower1998 chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Excellent story, however you claim that at the end of your story that D has never smiled in his whole life. I only wish to point out that this is incorrect, as in most of the Vampire Hunter D novels D smiles at the end of almost all of them.

Just a little nitpick, asides that this is a brilliant flic and you should be proud.
Liz the Fab chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
I know it's been ten years since this was originally posted, but what an absolutely gorgeous story.
Whenever I read Vampire Hunter D or watch the movies, I always think of the quote, "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster", from Beyond Good and Evil, by Friedrich Nietzsche. In this story, you bring D's struggles with his vampire half full circle while keeping him in character and in a believable story line. The supply of monsters in the world is not infinite. At least, not the kind D fights. Every story ends sometime, and D's is no exception.
theimpracticalgirl chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
:o This absolutely, utterly, undeniably, amamzing!
Aldedron chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
What a beautiful oneshot I loved the violence- ohmygod, you were so descriptive on the violence, and it was AWESOME! Whoo!

Awesome oneshot ;D
Sungawd Ra chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
An excellent fic. Really glad I found this.
LF chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I was asking a friend today, "Why do I bother with ? There's never anything good there!" And then you made me a liar. I actually found your story via an archive, but I had to come and give you feedback. This story was amazing; it was perfect, and poignant, and beautiful. Thank you so much!
HellsingFanaticperson chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
O I have never seen any of the D movies but you make me want to! Good battle, nice ending .
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Great work and a fitting end to D's story.
The Celestial Tiger chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
I stumbled across this story from the favorites list of someone else. I do realize that it's quite old and probably the farthest thing from your mind anymore, but I thought it wouldn't be right not to leave a review. In any case, dhampir is actually the correct term used for half-vampires. The terms used in both movies must have been poorly translated. Standard lore and even the Vampire Hunter D novels uses the word 'dhampir.' But I'm sure you'd much rather read feedback on your story than elaboration on technicalities.

Very interesting story. Enough to keep me up way too late reading it. You know, I had a feeling the last vampire was Dracula when you were describing the pull. Then once D got to the castle, I had no doubt it was him. After all, it would only be right for the last battle to be epic. And you wrote it very well.

This story does bring up a very pertinient issue. What will happen to D once he can no longer be a hunter anymore? I'd never really thought about it much. But yours was a very interesting take on the sitation and, as much as I am heart-broken to admit it, one that makes the most sense in the end.

Thank you for a wonderful story.

Highest regards,

The Celestial Tiger
sunbune chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
I know it's probably been years since you've spared a thought for this story, but I just have to say, it is amazing.

It's perfect.

I confess, it made me cry. And it's been quite a while since a story actually brought me to tears like this one just did. yes... this is definitely one of those stories that'll stick to my memory.
UpInSmoke chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
This was such a beautiful story. It flowed so well, and arrived at a conclusion that seemed so fitting for the character. Thanks for writing it.
Anime Addict Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
The best Vampire Hunter D fanfiction ever! Pure and simple.
certs-up chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
I cannot say enough about what is RIGHT about this story. Start with the title. It does what a title is supposed to do: it indicates what the story is about. Nothing could matter less than that other authors have used the same sequence of words as a title. When _Blood: The Last Vampire_ was released, it didn't matter that Whitley Strieber, Christopher Pike, and Willis Hall had already titled works "The Last Vampire." Each of those works had the title it needed. And so does this one.

If the title is the hook, the narrative is the line that draws the reader onward as surely as D is drawn toward the castle beyond the desert. This world and this D are so different from the way we've seen them in the movies: humans don't know or fear the reality of vampire blood; rather than being a silent enigma, D is a character whose poignant memories and feelings we follow in detail. And yet the flavor is the same: the desert, the dangers, the violence, the unending pressure of the quest, and the underlying existentialism: however urgent it is to act now, a vast nothing lies just beyond.

Too many fanfics fail to appreciate that D himself isn't meant to have a happy ending. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but because he won't be D anymore if he finds an end to his road. "The Last Vampire" solves that problem neatly: D's task ends the only way it can - with the end of his life. And while I agree with the reviewer who took issue with the story's portrayal of vampires as inevitably, irretrievably evil - I don't think either movie supports this view of them - that's the only aspect of the universe that I can find fault with. The humans are blind and ineffectual: harmless but also helpless. And the one vampire that remains is powerful enough, both in himself and in his significance for D, to make for a fitting climax, the perfect ending to the perfect story of what, quite literally, finally happens to Vampire Hunter D.
LadyHawk225 chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Wow. I'm totally impressed. That was one of the best fics I've ever read. Bravo and caps off to you.
Sheraven chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
It is refreshing to read another author to whom I write similarly. The absence of grammatical and spelling errors is a rarely encountered relief in this forum as is reading such a smoothly flowing plot. Commendations on an excellent piece of work.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »