Reviews for Myrddin Emrys Returns
DalkonCledwin chapter 1 . 1/5
Not to be a pain in the arse, but if Merlin married anyone it was always going to be Nimue (aka Vivien, aka the Lady of the Lake). Also, most tales also describe Nimue as being the one who ultimately betrayed Merlin and either killed him or imprisoned him, not Morganna. I also find it hilarious that you had Merlin be the ancestor to Godric Gryffindor considering that J.K. Rowling herself wanted Merlin to be in Slytherin House (she goofed his date of birth just a bit).

But we shall see where your story goes.
missgsmith51 chapter 41 . 12/31/2014
Nice story. I enjoyed the differences and departures from canon. Regarding those who are excessively critical of departure from canon, I can only wonder why they bother reading fanfiction. Most fanfic departs at some point or other, which is what makes it fun, creative, and interesting.

I liked you bringing in cooperation with the Crown, because it seems, even in canon, that the magical government SHOULD probably have been in more contact with the muggle government all along. Of course, that's just how I read it.

Anyway, thanks for a fun read. BTW, I hope your health is on the mend.
missgsmith51 chapter 40 . 12/31/2014
Good battle scenes! Woot to Daphne for exterminating the rat! Do you suppose Riddle realized Excalibur was the sword used to end his life? Had he any idea just who Harry really was? Probably not. Too bad Dumbledore didn't live to see the final victory.
missgsmith51 chapter 37 . 12/31/2014
That was a cute little segment about the diary. In general, I'm not in favor of reading someone else's private thoughts, even when that someone is as prying and annoying as Tori was when she was younger. However, Tori seems to have started it by stealing Daphne's private mail, so I suppose it's okay.

I am glad to see that Snape has managed to recognize Draco for what he was and hasn't tried to idealize him in any way.

It's good to see that Ron seems to be well on his way to reforming, using his brain instead of his mouth. I guess there is still hope for him after all.
missgsmith51 chapter 36 . 12/31/2014
And so the Malfoy line dies out. Yeay! I think it's fitting that he die by Astoria's hand and with his own wand. Alas, earwax ... now he won't be able to use those unlimited Get-Out-of-Jail-Free cards Dumbledore loves to hand out to the bad boys. I wonder how his untimely demise will affect Dumbledore's little secret plan.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 12/31/2014
I wonder how long it will be before Daphne and Sirius pay the Dursleys a little private visit without Harry. I find myself doubting that either of them will sit still for that family's treatment of Harry.

The French magical and nonmagical governments seem able to cooperate and support each other, and one benefit of that seems to be a lack of Voldemort types murdering innocent citizens. I wonder if Fudge and other idiots are able to make the connection. Probably not, but it does make the British magical government look rather foolish for not keeping the Crown up to speed on things.
missgsmith51 chapter 32 . 12/31/2014
I'm never sure whether it's a good or a bad thing that the DEs die in custody. They certainly deserve it, but they can't give any evidence. Then again, unless they were going to be sent through the Veil, convicting and incarcerating them would have been pointless, as they'd have been "sprung" by Voldemort anyway, no doubt taking more innocent lives in the process. So good for Mssr. Delacour, I guess.
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 12/31/2014
Harry and Daphne could have incapacitated Voldemort by simply slipping into an empty office and shagging. Of course, that would have left the other kids more vulnerable to Bella and the remaining DEs. Oh, well, it was a nice thought.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 12/31/2014
Too bad Harry didn't use Mobius to flame them back to his quarters.

I've often wondered what went on in Marietta's brain. Surely she knew Hermione, Daphne, Harry, and their friends were no slouches when it came to magic. She also had to have been aware of what was happening to The Toad. Harry's hassles with the binding nature of magical contracts the previous year should have been fresh in her mind, as well. Why, then, would she be so stupid as to even attempt to violate what Hermione had clearly indicated was a magical contract? Could Umbridge have slipped her some Veritaserum? Just because The Toad said Marietta had approached her with the information doesn't mean it's true. Just a thought ...
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 12/31/2014
Harry and Daphne need to make sure the Muggleborns and Half-bloods know that it is illegal for The Toad to use the Blood Quills on them.

This Harry doesn't seem as though he will be too bothered if the Toad finds out about the DA.
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 12/31/2014
I love how Harry handled the Toad's detention. She is obviously not used to having her orders disobeyed, so if enough kids do it, she may come unglued and do something that brings about her own destruction. I hope so.
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 12/31/2014
So ... If Harry's actions tick off the Pink Toad, does that mean Snape will ignore them? Or will he just wait to punish him in private? Draco really should know better than to insult the wife of the head of a Most Ancient and Noble House. Lucius had better either produce another heir or see to it that Draco is married A.S.A.P. and his wife gets pregnant immediately. Really, if he continues his current pattern of behavior, he won't be alive much longer.
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 12/31/2014
"What is a youth?" That's a blast from my past. I wasn't much older than Harry when I saw R&J.

LOL! I always love stories where Harry's amorous escapades cause pain to Voldemort. Actually, your "lemon" scene was very modest compared to some I've read. Really, if people don't want to read them, just skip those sections. When a story has numerous lengthy and graphic scenes - sometimes as often as every chapter or two - I tend to just skip them and read the material that actually moves the story forward. (Sometimes there really can be too many.)

I'm ready for Operation Umbitch, or whatever you call it in your story. I thoroughly detest her character, so I obviously love stories where Harry and the other kids just mount a full-on campaign to drive her completely insane ... with pain.
missgsmith51 chapter 25 . 12/31/2014
Oh, good. Sirius and Mr. Greengrass are actually keeping pace with what is happening between our two lovers ... although fifteen is mighty young to be married.

Bummer about Cedric. I suppose he probably had to die because he was already contracted to appear in Twilight and wouldn't be able to return for subsequent HP movies. (Hey, you had Voldy tweeting! hehe) Oh, well ...

I can't wait to read about the war on Umbridge.
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 12/31/2014
"It was a bitter pill to swallow, but Ron realized that he was nothing more than a petty, jealous, all around terrible person. He knew he'd never be friends with any of them again, but he'd make an effort to improve himself from now on." About time!

Oh, cr*p! I hope Cedric doesn't die this time, but ...
1,668 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »