Reviews for Myrddin Emrys Returns
Star Rose chapter 6 . 4/22
Really? Two thirds of this chapter was condensed from the book and/or movie! Not only that but the original stuff was hardly worth reading. Harry and Daphne barely know each other! Why would she be worried about losing her friend when they spent time pranking people and had a conversation in the Hospital Wing, not a real friendship.
If they were really friends they would have spent more time together and you would have mentioned the time they spent together at the very least before having her call him her friend and be all mad at him for going after the Basilisk.
Also when did Ron exit the equation? One minute hes just drifting away the next he only followed Harry so far because of Ginny, the falling out need expanding on because I don't recall reading about their friendship ending fully.
Star Rose chapter 5 . 4/22
This is too rushed. It is like you copied the book or the script for the movies and then condensed it into a dry, boring version with a few extras thrown in that barely peak your interest because the copied material is so dull.
I mean why didn't you make a different Valentine for Harry, one from Daphne? Or maybe Percy could have picked up to book?
You could have used a different method for Harry to kill the Snake or the Diary. You didn't even have him fighting the Snake which is much more interesting that babble from Daphne's POV. Honestly, the first part of this chapter was written worse than the copied stuff. It serves no purpose except that 'Hey Daphne thinks of Harry too... oh wait we already know this from when she helped him with the prank on Valentines Day'
Your Daphne POV from the Duel club was written much better, even though the rest of that chapter was not that great.
ummm chapter 25 . 4/8
Its like reading the movie mixed with daph here and there...
thonez chapter 8 . 4/6
Meh, so far its 90% cannon.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 3/29
I wonder if Harry would be able to sense the Horcrux in Bella's vault if he gets anywhere near it. Surely the Potter and Black vaults are located in the same general area of Gringotts as the Lestrange vault and other "old Wizarding nobility" family vaults.

If he gets to 12 Grimmauld Place any time soon, he should be able to suss out the locket, too. Good luck, Harry.
Oh my god I love that you used What is a Youth! We recently watched Romeo and Juliet and I LOVE that song!
DalkonCledwin chapter 1 . 1/5
Not to be a pain in the arse, but if Merlin married anyone it was always going to be Nimue (aka Vivien, aka the Lady of the Lake). Also, most tales also describe Nimue as being the one who ultimately betrayed Merlin and either killed him or imprisoned him, not Morganna. I also find it hilarious that you had Merlin be the ancestor to Godric Gryffindor considering that J.K. Rowling herself wanted Merlin to be in Slytherin House (she goofed his date of birth just a bit).

But we shall see where your story goes.
missgsmith51 chapter 41 . 12/31/2014
Nice story. I enjoyed the differences and departures from canon. Regarding those who are excessively critical of departure from canon, I can only wonder why they bother reading fanfiction. Most fanfic departs at some point or other, which is what makes it fun, creative, and interesting.

I liked you bringing in cooperation with the Crown, because it seems, even in canon, that the magical government SHOULD probably have been in more contact with the muggle government all along. Of course, that's just how I read it.

Anyway, thanks for a fun read. BTW, I hope your health is on the mend.
missgsmith51 chapter 40 . 12/31/2014
Good battle scenes! Woot to Daphne for exterminating the rat! Do you suppose Riddle realized Excalibur was the sword used to end his life? Had he any idea just who Harry really was? Probably not. Too bad Dumbledore didn't live to see the final victory.
missgsmith51 chapter 37 . 12/31/2014
That was a cute little segment about the diary. In general, I'm not in favor of reading someone else's private thoughts, even when that someone is as prying and annoying as Tori was when she was younger. However, Tori seems to have started it by stealing Daphne's private mail, so I suppose it's okay.

I am glad to see that Snape has managed to recognize Draco for what he was and hasn't tried to idealize him in any way.

It's good to see that Ron seems to be well on his way to reforming, using his brain instead of his mouth. I guess there is still hope for him after all.
missgsmith51 chapter 36 . 12/31/2014
And so the Malfoy line dies out. Yeay! I think it's fitting that he die by Astoria's hand and with his own wand. Alas, earwax ... now he won't be able to use those unlimited Get-Out-of-Jail-Free cards Dumbledore loves to hand out to the bad boys. I wonder how his untimely demise will affect Dumbledore's little secret plan.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 12/31/2014
I wonder how long it will be before Daphne and Sirius pay the Dursleys a little private visit without Harry. I find myself doubting that either of them will sit still for that family's treatment of Harry.

The French magical and nonmagical governments seem able to cooperate and support each other, and one benefit of that seems to be a lack of Voldemort types murdering innocent citizens. I wonder if Fudge and other idiots are able to make the connection. Probably not, but it does make the British magical government look rather foolish for not keeping the Crown up to speed on things.
missgsmith51 chapter 32 . 12/31/2014
I'm never sure whether it's a good or a bad thing that the DEs die in custody. They certainly deserve it, but they can't give any evidence. Then again, unless they were going to be sent through the Veil, convicting and incarcerating them would have been pointless, as they'd have been "sprung" by Voldemort anyway, no doubt taking more innocent lives in the process. So good for Mssr. Delacour, I guess.
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 12/31/2014
Harry and Daphne could have incapacitated Voldemort by simply slipping into an empty office and shagging. Of course, that would have left the other kids more vulnerable to Bella and the remaining DEs. Oh, well, it was a nice thought.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 12/31/2014
Too bad Harry didn't use Mobius to flame them back to his quarters.

I've often wondered what went on in Marietta's brain. Surely she knew Hermione, Daphne, Harry, and their friends were no slouches when it came to magic. She also had to have been aware of what was happening to The Toad. Harry's hassles with the binding nature of magical contracts the previous year should have been fresh in her mind, as well. Why, then, would she be so stupid as to even attempt to violate what Hermione had clearly indicated was a magical contract? Could Umbridge have slipped her some Veritaserum? Just because The Toad said Marietta had approached her with the information doesn't mean it's true. Just a thought ...
1,674 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »