Reviews for There, Where I Can Never Find You
BellaTallin chapter 11 . 3/5/2012
Wow. Just wow. When I first started reading this story it confused me, but the more I read and understood what was going on the more brilliant it became. I LOVE the way you wrote this and really can't imagine it any different or better. The astounding depth of character, the intensity of emotions and the flow of the words took the outside world away and created a world existing only of your story. Very well done on a beautiful, beautiful tale.
wingsrookie chapter 11 . 2/20/2012
Wow, that was amazing. And it really touches that fear that most people have of Amnesia, I think. Of that horror of not knowing oneself or almost worse and yet entirely worse, of one's partner forgetting them. Incredibly moving and thoroughly insightful. I don't suppose you take requests? Well, probably not. But I can't help but ask. I'm incredibly curious to see what you could do wiht the theme I've been wanting to see for months. Some have attempted, but no one has shown the depth of awareness your stories bring to bear. Definitely a favorite.
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 1/16/2012
I'd rather walk away and be done with it than live with the threat of losing you constantly hanging over me."

-This is the first time Snape has ever had someone care that much for him, ever. And he's wise enough to realize it, and to fight for her love, rather than silently letting her go.

(of course, it would have helped James and Lily if Albus hadn't betrayed them by keeping the Cloak for himself, but I expect Snape isn't thinking of that particular treachery).

The capture of the bad guy scene is rather hastily done, but the story itself is magnificent.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 1/14/2012
My lord. I think Snape has recreated the medium for Pensieves.

And what a wondrous healing effect it has. One suspects _other_ people, not mentioned, have also shown up in the crowd of figures surrounding Snape, but we see only the benevolent ones. It's nice to see Albus gazing at Severus with warm emotions, instead of the ever-calculating Greater Good ones we normally directed at Snape.

Hermione should inhale it, too.

And her parents.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 12/31/2011
Brilliant. Perhaps it's because Snape is a master of Occlumency. Perhaps it's because no Dementor can do anything more to Snape than he's done to himself (or had done to him. His comment about Dumbledore's protection of the Potters is quite relevent here. Not much good to go back to Hermione if it truly means her death.).

But...I am really looking forward to seeing what Lily's ghost has to say.

Maybe it's about time *she* asked for *his* forgiveness.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 12/25/2011
Of course it's always Snape's fault for things going wrong. He's been carefully taught that all his life. And nobody, especially not Harry, is going to tell him that Lily was a shallow beyotch who would rather marry someone who told her 'Don't make me hex you, Evans" and dump her best friend because...well, because he existed.

But I do wonder what, precisely, Harry has to do with all this.

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
Oh, what a lovely reunion. The phrase "with my body I thee worship" is what this wonderful lovemaking is all about.

Like the bit with the shower, though I expect 'big enough for two' only works if you're very intimate.

And...whyever would someone erase Lily? Perhaps Hermione ought to ask Harry where *he* has been lately.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 12/24/2011
Oh, excellent chapter. I'm so glad he stopped her from going away. I think both their hearts would have broken if they had parted after this.

And now it's time to get Snape a new wand, and see what he can do with it.

I suspect that Hermione has never seen him fly.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 12/23/2011
Yes, it is hard for Snape to believe that he is really special (after all, in canon, life did its best to beat anything good out of him).

Here's hoping that Hermione can persist, and help him to understand that he is truly wonderful.

Oh, yes, and warn him that the people who destroyed him this time around will probably have another go at it when they see they've failed.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
Brilliant chapter-I'm so glad they found him. I'm so glad _Hermione_ found him.

The truly sad part is that, on the whole, the Muggle world has treated him better than the Wizarding one has.

And here's hoping he isn't facing worse when he finally returns. What will they do this next time, when they discover they didn't succeed in making him disappear?
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 12/14/2011
Ah. So close, and yet so far; now they have found his name listed, I hope they can find _him_. Or what's left after a Global Obliviate. (hope he can still do joined writing).

But then, whoever did it would have reveled in the irony, given what Hermione did to her own parents, and the fact that the Ministry is just as happy to have him lost.

Very good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 11/12/2011
There is a part of him that knows he's deluded. Obsessed with a woman who doesn't even exist.

He figures this might be marginally better than obsession with a woman who does, and who would never in a thousand years return his regard.

-Yes, he's done that already, and nearly died of it, even though he doesn't remember it. He and Hermione are both exiles from each other.

Very good chapter. And I'm glad he's fighting the siren call of booze.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
What an excellent beginning. And indeed, it would seem their suspect list _has_ increased by at least one person. If I were Hermione, I would write down the names of everyone who has been especially vehement or persistent in their objections to the two of them working on a cure for those suffering from that curse.

As ever, your writing is superb.
Spirare chapter 11 . 12/21/2010
So I've been on this SS/HG kick lately and I just found this fic. I just wanted to leave a quick review to tell you that I think your writing is brilliant, soulful and poetic. Excellent job.
severus49 chapter 11 . 10/13/2010
Bravo! This is the most TRUE TO LIFE SS/HG story I think I've ever read! Hermione's not afraid to stand up to Severus and I LOVE Harry's 'Lily's death as cloak' speech to him! I believe there's a huge difference between Snape using Lily's death as a catalyst or an excuse, and I don't think enough writers expound on that! It was great to see other Canon characters getting pissed about it - as close as one can get to taking him by the shoulders and shaking him! LOL! You're my hero!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »