Reviews for Star Ocean: Ashton's Story
Mysterious Loser chapter 6 . 1/26/2012
I can't believe that I missed the update to this story...again. Crap. I need to get back on my game.

Haha, you're moving quite along in the story. Now I need to reiterate my question (if I haven't already. I can't remember. It's all a part of getting old, I suppose XD): who are YOU going to pit Ashton against in the Lacour Tournament? I'm very curious. I'm surprised to see that you went to Linga before Lacour, but definitely not complaining. ...Well...only a little. But ONLY because I'm anticipating your take on the Lacour Tournament!

I'll have to be honest: I'm not a Precis fan (can't remember if I've established that, but oh well), and it has nothing to do with the way you write. On the contrary, you managed to capture her personality to a tee, and for that, I commend you. :-) Even the "Claudey" nickname made me burst out laughing. Since you seem to have an Ashton/Rena relationship going on here, unless I'm mistaken, I wonder what you'll have Precis do? Hook up with Claude or will there be a (dun dun dun) love triangle?

The Barrel conversation between Ashton and the dragons made me laugh as well. They, too, should share the wonders of the glorious barrel. All should bow to the barrel. XD It is...the Great One. (Okay that's probably a bit much)

And I'm glad to see Bowman here! And I ask, will you be recruiting him by chance? (hopeful cloud materializes)

Whichever you decide, I'm looking forward to it! Update soon! XD And I promise I won't miss the next update!

Great job!
Mysterious Loser chapter 5 . 9/22/2011
Ah, I see what you meant with the Metox chapter. My take is different, but that's beside the point and off topic. I think it's interesting that you had Claude and Ashton go it alone, sort of "male bonding," despite what Ashton thinks of him. Could he possibly see Claude as a rival? But it seems to me like Rena already likes him, so there's not much to worry about.

Of course...unless you've got a trick up your sleeve that you're waiting to reveal to us...? :-)

I must say that I like the take you've put on this story and how you've made it your own instead of a novelization from the game's standpoint. I, as well, like the fact that you did not choose the route with EX and make Ashton an idiot (That's what Alens are for XD j/k). I like seeing this new strength within Ashton that EX doesn't give him credit for and that the game doesn't show to its fullest extent. Ashton deserves more love, dammit! I'm glad to see you're still writing this :-) Can't wait for next chapter!

(And yay! I get the title of numbah one fan! That I am! Thank you for continuing this and adding a great contribution to the lack of Star Ocean 2 fandom!)
Mysterious Loser chapter 4 . 9/22/2011
I think it's time I put this story on alert myself, lol, I totally didn't even realize you had updated. Shame on me.

Hmm, looking back at the picture, you're right, the Warrior of Light DOES have a sword that looks like Ashton's. Funny I never saw that for myself XD

I really like how you did Ashton's PAs from Arlia. I remember the helmet one all too well, though I'm not sure if I bought the helmet since it was really, really expensive and I was just too damn poor.

This definitely is an interesting take on the story, I will admit. You already know that I'm a Rena/Claude traditionalist, but you make Ashton/Rena pretty damn convincing. And the idea of Ashton being the new warrior is a cool concept as well. I can't wait to see how this affects the story line.

Awesome job!
AoKanojo chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
*steals the number one reviewer spot* :D Haha.

I like this chapter due to the fact that poor Eleanor actually gets healed and gets to go outside. From what I recall from the game and any private actions, I don't think she ever got to be fully cured such that she could be normal, so that's a nice thing to do for her. I don't remember her mother being unfriendly though-she was happy she actually had visitors from what I recalled-but I could be remembering incorrectly.

In the anime, I thought Ashton got cooler when he was possessed, so I actually looked forward to when his dragons took control of him, haha.

When you get to Lacour, make Dias awesome please. Hehe. He was supposed to be "the greatest swordsman" but game mechanics made Claude and Ashton better, actually...ah well. Thanks again!
AoKanojo chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Haha, Claude isn't the Warrior of Light anymore...or maybe not in Rena's head. Frankly, I (generally) have this thing against the canon couples in games...Claude and Rena together annoy the heck out of me, and it's the default couple ending you get if you don't sabotage the game. I still don't like Rena much, but sticking her with anyone else is more palatable...although I'd rather put someone cooler with Dias P

I'd have to go and watch SO EX again to see the sword and compare it with Ashton's, but it's an interesting point. It's also amusing to see more input from the dragons, since generally fics just have them make noise, rather than get their direct thoughts (albeit in Ashton's head). Thanks again for writing!
AoKanojo chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
Hmm...like you said, I thought about it as I read the chapter, but I can't think of anything to add that wouldn't just be extraneous. It pretty much covers what happened in that part of the game. The only thing you could have done additionally, perhaps, is to have had the dialogue between Xande and Ashton/Dragons.

Nevertheless the chapter is fine as-is, I guess it functions more of just a transition for Ashton to hook up with the gang and continue traveling with them.
AoKanojo chapter 2 . 8/8/2011
Not too many SO2 stories, and it's nice to find the ones that are fun to read.

Dias and Ashton are the characters I'd come to enjoy and remember from the game, and it's always amusing to see things with Ashton since he's so horribly unlucky P

I'll try to give you lots of reviews so you keep writing! Keep it up :D
Mysterious Loser chapter 3 . 4/2/2011
Yay! A story about Ashton! It's refreshing to see more SO2 stories on here; the fandom has long since been dead, but SO2 deserves love. I really like the novelization you've got going here and Ashton's thoughts on the situation. And believe me, I know how it feels about having chapters already written and revisions. Sometimes I'll even forget minute details from previous chapters if I wait too long in between chapters. But great job here and can't wait to see more from you!