Reviews for A Single Man
BabalooBlue chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
I loved A Single Man and I love House & Wilson, and this is a wonderful fusion of the two.
And His Kind chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
This is A Single Man word for word from the film, worsely done, with a complete dearth of originality.
OldSFfan chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
You are a very polished, professional writer. Superb story.
resourceress7 chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
One scene in and my tears are already flowing. Wow.
damigella chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
This is a wonderful story. It's so incredible well written, with the correct balance between present and past.

I don't know how much of the plot comes from the movie, but you managed to make it fit with the characters you chose incredibly well.
Darkmekmon chapter 6 . 1/10/2011
This...I loved this fanfic...I have to say, I was kind of intimidated at the beginning by the italics, but it really seperates House's memories from the story's "present."

I almost cried at the end...(I really don't cry often. Amazing job.)
Shadow Cat65 chapter 6 . 12/13/2010
I never saw the movie this is patterned after, so I'm probably missing things, but I loved this. The incredible irony...I think you did great.
Aquanova chapter 3 . 12/13/2010
This is well-written. And now I'm trying to pinpoint exactly why I still think this story can be better, but that's never been the easiest thing to do, has it?

I think when most of the people started reading this fic, they were looking for some nice angsty slash. I was. And the first chapter was fine, but then it seems like you're just moving on from there, not really mentioning Wilson again. I mean, yes, the effect Wilson's death had on House is obvious, but besides that I'm not getting all that much.

I once read an article which mentioned that, particularly in fanfiction, we usually come in looking for a specific type of fic, with a certain type of genre or plot point. And when we see that a story isn't going that way, we lose interest, even if the story's written well. I read that and thought, "oh god, that's true."
Babyjay17 chapter 6 . 9/1/2010
I loved this story! House's "voice" is so in character and the situation is tragic, sad and completely messed up. So Housian. Thank you for sharing!