Reviews for With a Whisper
Maddie chapter 1 . 8/2/2019
Oh man that hurt. You threw in a couple surprises that made the story that much more interesting (and tragic). Great fic!
TheSnicketSister chapter 1 . 3/15/2019
Aw, this was written really well! My heart!
HobbitLover4eva chapter 1 . 7/14/2016
You know, they never once addressed that fake voicemail and the death threat made to Sam by "Dean". I mean that had to have HURT. And I loved how you tied in so tragically at the end, with My Bloody Valentine.
I mean, why wasn't Sam expecting Dean to kill him at any moment after that? This state of mind that you have here is EXACTLY a side Sam would have and should have had. I mean come on, the tragedy and drama that would've made!
And i loved how you brought in the parallel of his desperate plea for Dean to promise to kill him in season 2, because that always bothered me. That they just never brought that up either, that he asked for that once.
Honestly, sometimes i think you write better angst and drama then the writers do ;P
Thank you for this lovely, dramatic piece!
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Oh, the feelings in this one! You painted such a vivid picture. From Sam's paranoia, then certainty that Dean is going to kill him, and final acceptance of it, to Dean's realization that the person he loves most is afraid of him despite Dean just trying to care for him like always... it's beautifully told. Love it.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2015
I really like this.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
I love how you ended My Bloody Valentine. It's perfect.
infiniteworld8 chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
I could definitely see this happen again, the boys have broken so many things in their siblingship its difficult to fix...
Noxbait chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Awww! So sad and so beautiful. I love how Dean woke Sam up to reassure him. Just...awww! :-)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Sam didn't expect to wake up.

Dean knew it, had seen that much in his brother's bleak gaze. Sam had started the Apocalypse, turned on his brother, and become a demon's pawn. He was an addict and a monster and a traitor. And despite all his promises, he'd drunk blood again. It had messed with his mind, made him paranoid and delusional and frightened, yeah. But some part of him really believed that he'd finally pushed Dean too far. That he'd become something Dean would kill. Gently, remorsefully, and mercifully, but still put down like some kind of rabid dog.
INACTIVE-apocalyxtic98 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Great. Just great.
azerjaban chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I love the last few lines. Great descriptions. Thnx for The read
Mystic25 chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Loved this...the depth was "bottom of a ravine" deep. Dean being there for Sam, unquestionably...also loved the title, which puts in mind a quote: " this is how the world will end, not with a whisper, but, with a bang." Great work.
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
"You listen to me—I will never, ever hunt you. You hear me, Sam? Nothing you could do, nothing you could become, would ever make me do that." - I hope this is still true, because Season Six Sam is behaving very strangely and is definitely going to need big brother Dean's help at some point. Help, not hunting, no matter what's wrong with him. This is excellent, by the way. I wish we'd seen more of the aftermath of Sam's drying out, but I guess we didn't need Show to do it when there are brilliant fanfic writers like you to give it to us.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
LOL...iy'd K Hanna Sunday for me.

I love what you wrote here: For all any of them knew, Sam could be dead in there, body failing after its second attempt to go cold turkey off the most vile and unknown drug imaginable.

Thank you for that. So needed to hear Dean think that.

And this:: When it came down to it, it was always just Sam and him.

Yes! Always just Sam and Dean! Need that too!

Emotionally driven story!

Karen
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Awww *-* Cute and sad

Dean would never kill Sam, I don't think there's anything in the world that would make him do that.

Well, this was amazing ~