Reviews for With a Whisper
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Sam didn't expect to wake up.

Dean knew it, had seen that much in his brother's bleak gaze. Sam had started the Apocalypse, turned on his brother, and become a demon's pawn. He was an addict and a monster and a traitor. And despite all his promises, he'd drunk blood again. It had messed with his mind, made him paranoid and delusional and frightened, yeah. But some part of him really believed that he'd finally pushed Dean too far. That he'd become something Dean would kill. Gently, remorsefully, and mercifully, but still put down like some kind of rabid dog.
Apocalyxtic98 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Great. Just great.
azerjaban chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I love the last few lines. Great descriptions. Thnx for The read
Mystic25 chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Loved this...the depth was "bottom of a ravine" deep. Dean being there for Sam, unquestionably...also loved the title, which puts in mind a quote: " this is how the world will end, not with a whisper, but, with a bang." Great work.
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
"You listen to me—I will never, ever hunt you. You hear me, Sam? Nothing you could do, nothing you could become, would ever make me do that." - I hope this is still true, because Season Six Sam is behaving very strangely and is definitely going to need big brother Dean's help at some point. Help, not hunting, no matter what's wrong with him. This is excellent, by the way. I wish we'd seen more of the aftermath of Sam's drying out, but I guess we didn't need Show to do it when there are brilliant fanfic writers like you to give it to us.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
LOL...iy'd K Hanna Sunday for me.

I love what you wrote here: For all any of them knew, Sam could be dead in there, body failing after its second attempt to go cold turkey off the most vile and unknown drug imaginable.

Thank you for that. So needed to hear Dean think that.

And this:: When it came down to it, it was always just Sam and him.

Yes! Always just Sam and Dean! Need that too!

Emotionally driven story!

Karen
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Awww *-* Cute and sad

Dean would never kill Sam, I don't think there's anything in the world that would make him do that.

Well, this was amazing

See you around o/

Rosetta
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Oh this packed a punch!

I like how you striped it down to the bare essentials; no Cas or Bobby, a bare minimum of speech until the end. It was just the boys and a motel room. It really highlighted the power of the scene and the strength and importance of Dean's words at the end.

Neat idea too, in having Sam run away, fearing for his life in his demon blood altered state. And I think you painted a really accurate picture of a silent and remorseful Sam, the emotion in his eyes reflected in Dean's. Very touching and oh so Winchester.

And yet through all the pain and darkness you gave us a glimmer of light and hope at the end. The feeling that despite it all if these boys stay together, somehow everything will be ok.

A great tale, beautiful told! Thanks for sharing. Take care, Abbi
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
"I will never hunt you." Just a few words that say SO much.

Beautiful job painting a picture of a broken Sam and a worried Dean. So sad, but even through the darkness there's a glimmer of hope. Like the brothers, I'll hang on to that.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
AW AWESOME HUN!

this rocked!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wonderful! I never blamed Sam for drinking the demon blood under the Horseman's power. Rather, I loved that he refused to kill the rest of the demons and drink more! And that he found a way to get the Horseman's ring.

But I loved your take on this. That during the detox, Sam was so afraid that he'd pushed Dean too far, that he ran away, fearing for his life. How very sad. You know, in the episode "Metamorphosis", I could never understand how Dean could threaten Sam with that phrase - it just doesn't seem like Dean. I honestly felt that Dean was more afraid for Sam than of Sam.

Great tag. Love how you bring just the right amount of angst. Thanks for sharing this with us. Until next time...
Lucian32 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
loved it!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Very emotional, especially the last part. That had me misting up a little. :D

Tough, tough time for our heroes and not my favorite. You did it beautiful justice, tho.

Really enjoyed reading this. :)
phyllis2779 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Wonderful story. The pain that both Sam and Dean are feeling is vividly communicated. You can't help but feel for them but, perhaps because this is from Dean's POV, you can understand his thoughts more clearly.
Landwing chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
As I finished this, one of the first things to go through my head was the refrain to "Honesty" by Billy Joel. It occurred to me that there was too much going on around them at the time for them to be anything but honest with each other. Of course, with these guys, old habits die very hard and don't always stay dead. Still, better late than never to try to break 'em. Of course (again), it's just like these two to require extreme situations before they'll speak as honestly as they need to. Sighhhh. Well done.