Reviews for Isolation
Guest chapter 18 . 5h
Absolutely the most perfect, lovely and cute chapter I've ever read. Christmas do it to us, uh?! Im just in love with these two
x.leslee.xo chapter 18 . 8h
Read the last bit with the song recommendation ... just perfection ! Beautiful suggestion and amazing writing
x.leslee.xo chapter 18 . 9h
Omg this chapter is literally killing me ! Lol my heart ️
vrudione chapter 38 . 10h
I'm literally crying
velvet1111 chapter 49 . 16h
I found many people talking about your story and couldn’t help but check it... I didn’t planned on reading it that fast! It was a very well written story and I loved the way you developed the characters emotions, personalities and path. It seemed to complete what was missing in the original story for me. So thank you for taking the time to write it, posting it on the internet and I hope that you continued to write stories because you clearly have a gift!
velvet1111 chapter 49 . 16h
Guest chapter 49 . 16h
THIS IS HONESTLY THE BEST PIECE OF LITERATURE I'VE EVER HAD THE HONOR OF READING.

You deserve the world for this. I was completely captivated from the beginning. It was the first Dramione fic I've read and I honestly don't think I'll find one better.

The writing is simply astronomical and it's believable and true. Wow. I've told everyone I know to read this. Thank you thank you thank you.
shanghaihyun chapter 18 . 9/30
this is the second time i'm reading this fic and i still get so emotional bc of this chapter...
babyisbad154 chapter 1 . 9/29
I'm here from tik tok cant wait to read:)
KissMeI'mScottish chapter 44 . 9/29
my god that was worse than when jkr killed fred
I came here because I saw a Tik Tok of one of your fans who LITERALLY MADE A BOOK OF THIS FANFIC so naturally I need to read and holy moly this is amazing! Sold on the Dramione ship and I can’t wait to read more.

- Bookloverstar
Dances with Willows chapter 49 . 9/28
Absolutely stunning.
yourfavblkhufflepuff chapter 48 . 9/28
warning for anyone reading: terribly long (sorry!) and contains spoilers

wow. wow. WOW. I literally have no words. This story exceeded my expectations (thank you tik tok for the recommendation).

I’ve never ever been a dramione shipper at all, mostly because I never really imagined the two together but this story just made so much SENSE. I’m sure this will get lost in the other 17,000 other reviews probably saying the same thing as well, but this story scratched an itch I didn’t think I had. Out of the thousands of stories portraying Draco’s character redemption arc this one just did it SO well. I was never satisfied with the way he was written in other fan fictions and as a writer myself, i just said fuck it and started writing my own...until i found this one. Like I said before it scratched an itch. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this wonderful story and your amazing writing. It made me laugh, curse, and cry. It broke me in the best way possible (especially that ending oh my god? starting it in the room AND ending it in the room? fucking beautiful) and I’m looking forward to coming back for a reread again (cause I def will). bexchan, you truly are a brilliant writer. You captivate thoughts, body language, and emotion so well and I felt like I was literally watching a movie the whole time. I kid you not I couldn’t put this damn book down even if I tried. I’m just kind of rambling at this point but some of my favorite moments were when hermione went absolutely FERAL and cut herself, the ice skating scene, the reading scenes and of course the steamy scenes. Also the way you brought up MLK throughout this story was just so amazing. As a black women myself I was surprised to see that considering I’ve never made the connection before that prejudice towards muggles was very much the same as prejudice against black people. It was enlightening and honestly relieving to see that you didn’t sugarcoat it all. Plus, I love how Draco didn’t just change his views right afterwards and sing “kumbaya” like he seems to do in every other fanfic. No one seemed to understand that there was HISTORY there. Years and years of prejudice his family enforced that wouldn’t just go away with the snap of a finger. I also love how he kept the same energy throughout this fanfic as his mean, snarky self. Everyone seems to turn him soft right after the love interest walks into his life and that’s not realistic either.

Hermione’s character was also written beautifully. She’s not just the super smart bookworm that everyone writes her to be. When she obliviated her parents I expected nothing short of her reaction in this book, which I felt she was robbed of because she had to constantly be there and “strong” for her friends in the movies (but that’s another conversation). She gets angry, she cries, she laughs and it’s crazy to me how I never thought her and Draco could work together so well before.

I know I’m repeating myself, but you truly did everything so well, especially when Draco’s friend died. I didn’t expect him to be such a big character or have an impact on me, but I found myself tearing up. Though it didn’t quite kill me as much as Draco’s mother’s words to him about his father and I quote, “It's okay to feel things for people who don't deserve it. It's okay to feel things that you don't want to feel for people who don't deserve it. If everyone could stifle their feelings towards undeserving people, the world would be too perfect. We are only human, but we are sometimes at our most beautiful when we feel things we shouldn't." That shit quite literally had me sobbing. How you came up with such raw, beautifully abrasive words? I’ll never know. Honestly everything about this story absolutely tore me up and broke me from beginning to end and I’m so sad it’s not canon because this is the redemption arc that Draco deserved and needed (without it being forced or straying from his actually character). This story gave me the same bittersweet feeling that the HP series did when it ended and to me that’s crazy in itself that a fanfiction could do that. This story set the bar so high, I don’t think I can look at any other one the same and there’s really no better word for me to describe it as other than brilliant and I hope the author truly knows that there writing is nothing short of it.

Whoever you are, author or not, I’m glad you made it to the end because I know it was mouthful and I hope I didn’t ruin any big plots for you. To bexchan herself, I said it once and I’ll say it again: thank you.
Lo chapter 10 . 9/27
this is really cool! im a huge fan
m hufflepuffy chapter 49 . 9/26
oh...after writing that way-too-long review, i’ve only just realized that first dramione fanfic i’ve ever read is potentially the best one written...which means it’s probably gonna be downhill from here. well, fuck me i guess LMAO i’m only slightly bitter about it but do i regret binging the fuck out of isolation? fuck no. never.

also, i ended up lurking your page and socials for a little bit (i’m nosy as all hell) before realizing that you still upload and update ff stories and i couldn’t be more ecstatic about it! considering this story took 10 years beginning to end, i assumed that you would’ve disappeared into the adult world to leave all of this behind like most fanfic authors - though i feel like i should mention i don’t blame them or harbor negative feelings towards people for simply moving on. i’m not usually the type to let go of the things that mean a lot to me, even if it’s not...”real”. i pretty much just wanted to say it genuinely warms my heart that you’re still doing the damn thing! why do i feel like a proud mother over here? haha

again, thank you so much for this. i’m going to carry this story with me for a while, i already know it. and after taking a quick glance at your twitter i can tell you that i’m 100% considering buying a hardcover copy of isolation that people are selling. i’ve quite literally never even considered doing this to a fanfic story before and i like to think i read really talented work on here.

if i’m being honest, i really can’t put into words how much this story meant to me. my wordy reviews don’t really do my thoughts any justice as you can see. i know my love for this story of course has a lot to do with my love for the harry potter world as a whole but still. this entire story was a god damn rollercoaster that i never wanted to end...and i really hate rollercoasters. anyway...honestly, i’m just an emotional lil bitch haha i react so viscerally to things that most people shrug off, i think. it doesn’t have to be real for me to feel so deeply about it. i’m literally the type of person that will silently day dream about what i would do if my friends and family die and then shed real tears over an entirely hypothetical, impossible situation to begin with. so yeah...this story is gonna stick with me for a good while and i don’t mind it one bit.

just knowing that a talented as fuck author like you exists and has taken so much time out of their life to selflessly write these stories at no cost...it’s unbelievable to me. i’m so grateful for you for writing this. this world is such a weird place - both in a good and bad way. Isolation is nothing but good.
17,449 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »