Reviews for moments after, I have dreamed
wee-me chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I'm trying to think of something clever or interesting to say, but mostly I'm just thinking 'ouch'. I think you handled this beautifully, it sounds very true to her character. This is the best kind of sadness for me. Great job.
tridecalogisms chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
this is amazing, beautifully written, i absolutely love it!
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
This is heartbreaking. Just what I imagined when Rick left with Gina.
GhostWriterLost chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
wow
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
brodiew, here! :-P I'm so happy to see you posted it. I’m impressed, as always with your narrative skills, especially with internal monologue. The Season 2 finale was sad, and after a summer of Castle/Beckett goodness, it appears we’re back to the status quo of good natured banter and innuendo on September 20. Too bad. I’ve had fun time this summer writing and reading fics that have come out of the last season’s finale. Awesome fics, like this one.

"I had almost let him in. I had almost told him. Told him that I cared, that I was willing to throw my heart out there for him (to hold or to trample) . . . Told him that I had cut safe and comfortable for explosive and passionate and right. He was right – my right; or so I had thought."

I was touched by Kate willingness to step into the unknown, fully cognizant of the fact that it could go either way. He could still hurt her. But she had to find out.

"t had taken me so long to cross the chasm between us; to find that edge to jump. I had taken the deep breath in, had anticipated the wind in my hair and his hand in mine as we fell. (And how I had not feared reaching the bottom if he reached it with me . . .)"

Wonderful imagery of Kate’s desire to have a partner in Castle; someone with whom to meet life’s challenges.

"I felt hands at my shoulder (Kevin's), my back (Javier's). My hands were taken in two warmer ones, slender and cool (Laine's). Words at my ear – (The Captain's). A whole support for a fall that I had taken alone."

I get goosebumps every time I read this section. It’s written so well that I can see the slow motion scene in my head, with a music overlay(no song in mind), as her friends come to comfort her.

You are, as always, brilliant.