Reviews for Hope for Heroes
mamika chapter 5 . 9/24
this whole thing was so adorable. I was awwing so much. their interactions and bond was so strong and real and there. and I ended up reading John's whole blog when you mentioned it but I didn't find the melting laptop.
but actually, reading the blog made reading this even better because I got to see that your characters were very much in character. and that is really cool. writing them well is not easy.
their relationship was very precious and tender and.. well, sufficient to say I liked it
ShadowWriter33 chapter 5 . 7/30
Really good story! Loved all of the little flashbacks as Sherlock learned more about John and their friendship grew!
God Bless,
Glorymourn chapter 5 . 3/17
Wonderful! Many thanks for your well-crafted written story.
QueenNaberrie chapter 5 . 2/1
Love the thoughts and added scenes/ memories. Great story! :)
Beth Pryor chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
The dialogue here is just great! I'm really enjoying the way you've written this relationship. The shock blanket and "Postcode envy" are exceptional touches.
Aka-Baka Hoshi chapter 5 . 11/20/2014
Yay! We get a look into the marvelous mind of Sherlock Homes in one of the defining moments of his friendship with John Watson. Well done!
Katie Who chapter 5 . 7/19/2014
Wow, I gotta admit that this was really one of the best fics I've read so far. :)
Well written, amazing stories, explanations and reasons. Really enjoyed reading. :)

All the best.
BeyondMyReach chapter 5 . 3/11/2014
Brilliant and utterly true. Love how you showed their partnership through this story. You stayed true to their characters and made each of the chapters distinctive and interesting to read. Thank you for writing.
Obscured Angel chapter 5 . 2/8/2014
Fantastic story. I love the way it's written in little snippets of different moments.
Thank you for writing, posting and completing this story.
Loretta Lyon chapter 4 . 1/28/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
Xtin2000 chapter 5 . 1/27/2014
good God this story is amazing, really really deep bromance and perfectly well in character, nice job man!
TheEbonHawk chapter 5 . 1/10/2014
Okay. Starting with the criticism:
Grammar. Grammar, grammar, grammar.
Grammar is *so* important. Bad grammar makes good stories impossible to read. Fortunately for your story, it was not good, it was brilliant, so I, one who requires good or at least decent grammar in everything I read, could not help but continue reading this. You have big problems with punctuation and transitions. You have all these flashbacks, and I got lost several times trying to figure out what was 'the present', and what memory or thought had triggered this particular flashback, and so on.

Besides the very technical things, your story is beautiful. Heartfelt, squeal-inducing, amazing. I love it. The last line has me reeling. Because this isn't some soppy line you've made up and put in Sherlock's mouth. It's the *truth*. It's how Sherlock really feels about that perfect, pint-sized hero of his. And I'm sure these thoughts *did* go through his mind after the events of this story. It's so in character, and it's also as sentimental as Sherly gets. As someone who really wants to hear Sherlock say certain things, and struggles with writing him IC, I really respect the job you've done here. Very good indeed.
librarywitch chapter 5 . 12/16/2013
Well done. A good look at their friendship and what makes it work.
Tara Laurel chapter 5 . 12/2/2013
Aw this was such a cute, fun, funny, heartbreaking, heartwarming, insightful, interesting story. Loved it.
Tara Laurel chapter 4 . 12/2/2013
This whole fic is wonderful, but I absolutely LOVED this chapter. I am fascinated by John's character and back story and cling to any scraps of it (in the show or in fanfiction) there are. I also appreciated how you extended upon the kidnapping and its aftereffects on John. Nicely done. All these little friendship moments between the two make me smile.