Reviews for Guardian
Deadzepplin chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
Damn a Geas? that is fucked up the wazoo and frankly The first is hard but not impossible to get around but the second is more difficult
joshlamont chapter 3 . 2/28/2012
I realize the chance that you'll pick this up again is very, very small, but hope springs eternal!
DJ2 chapter 3 . 1/1/2012
Don't know much about D'N'D, but it's a very good story - it's unfortunate there will be no updates.
joel chapter 3 . 10/28/2011
It doesn't seem as good as the previous story, I think its because of the time skip between them, if you had kept the format of showing everything day by day it might have worked a lot better.
Osma77 chapter 3 . 9/25/2011
Sob. more more more! i know you warned us that we would be disapointed, but having the dnd story sequal, combined with harry potter is just so much fun to read. Dont know which i want more, more of this or sequals of your other stories.
twistyguru chapter 3 . 9/19/2011
...and just finished the third chapter of Guardian. I've been terribly impressed how you've managed canon and your own elements so well, the blend is going smoothly.

I see that it's been just over a year since you updated. Hopefully, the muse will gnaw on you some more in this most excellent mash-up universe you've created.

Wow! And here I thought MY Dumbledore was a bastard! lol Geas is a stone cold bitch...but I can see loopholes, old gamer that I am.

BTW, the original 3 book boxed set of D&D was introduced in Spring/Summer 1974. I began playing in late Summer/early Fall 1974.

I agree strongly with your observations about the canon. One of the reasons that HP fanfiction is so popular, IMHO, is that there are SO many gaping plot holes in the canon, that some of us just itch to fill them in.

You've done a great job with the 'outsider with canon knowledge coming in to bust things up and save Harry' plot. That you're a multi-classed PC Badass is just a bonus, as far as I can see.

NICE work.

I do hope to see more of it, but I understand all too well how Real Life (the CURSE of the GAMING CLASS) can interfere.
Elisa chapter 3 . 9/10/2011
You know, I had a huge amount of fun reading this series. I'm more of a D&D geek than I thought. This may be an insert story but it is well constructed and written. I also like the attention you're paying to the plot holes and less pleasant things in the Harry series that JK Rowling brushed over and tried to ignore.

I read the review regarding the fight with Dumbledore. I have to say that I really need to understand how Harry style magic functions in relation to bog standard D&D magic. I think that's the issue that reviewer stumbled upon but didn't really enunciate. It was a little surprising to see Dumbledore using D&D magic when he's so entrenched with the HP world. I did like the fight, though. It was well written and serves to show that no matter how big and bad someone is, there is always someone more powerful around the corner. The geas is also a wonderful plot twist. I'd love to see how this is dealt with!

I really do hope you'll update this fic. It's a guilty pleasure but a real fun one!
Sam chapter 3 . 9/10/2011
I'm glad this isn't continue. While it was good, the last few part with the battle against Dumbledore kinda destory it for me.

Shrug, it's just not worth reading more into it.
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 3 . 9/3/2011
This set of stories is very interesting, despite all of my small knowledge of D&D comming from a webcomic called order of the stick.

I'd like to read more of it, if there'll be any...
Wordlurker chapter 3 . 9/3/2011
"Probably never see an update again", hm? That's too bad. Even so, it was a good read... Not quite as good as "Dungeon Crawling in Chicago", but still not bad at all.
ariel stormcloud chapter 3 . 9/1/2011
great story
Jiopaba chapter 3 . 8/27/2011
Ahhh, I'm sad now that you say you won't be updating this again.

It's... actually really really good. It's really unorthodox yeah, I mean you'd think "It sounds like a shitty self-insert", but I guess it's just that I'm such a huge D&D nerd. I love the hell of it.

Honestly, the only complaing I can come up with is that after John became a lycanthrope, he never bothered to take a few levels of Warshaper, which would give him Fast Healing, Immunity to Criticals, and a few other neat things like that. It's totally broken when you put it on something like a Shapechanger and can take it at really low levels, but it's still crazy awesome even later on.

Suprised to realize suddenly that I had as much fun contemplating his build as I did reading the story, and I was surprised the sequel slipped into Harry Potter at all. But the idea of an Albus Dumbledore statted out in D&D terms is terrifyingly awesome. He's a real Epic Level Wizard.

So, anyway, I put it on Story Alert on the off chance you ever do update it sometime down the line, but even if you don't, I can always enjoy your other story and anything else you write.
stealacandy chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
Hello,

Just found this story today, found it interesting. Not so much the self-insert, (and I'm not sure how that D&D magic bit works alongside Potterverse magic, either) but the Harry Potter plot is among the better manipulative!Dumbledore stories. Most just depict him as an idiot whose plots and schemes are easily discovered and foiled or stopped, which is ridiculous, if it were so, he wouldn't have come as far as he have until the protagonists enter the story. So a well-written and convincing manipulative Dumbledore, that isn't outright evil and isn't particularly stupid and can't be easily handled is always welcome.

The only drawback is that you wrote there won't be an update. I adjure you to reconsider.

Cheers,

steala
Kingdark chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
I was and still am totally confused. You jump straight into the HP 'verse without any form of introduction. It took me a while to realize from who's standpoint you were telling the story.

Though I find this story still very interesting to read. Too bad that you won't be updating this anymore.
Lord Sia chapter 3 . 8/16/2011
You're one annoying SOB, you know that? Leaving the story there, for shame!

And, really; going back for the stone? Either he shouldn't have left the castle to begin with then, or, he shouldn't have tried at all. Dark 'n Gritty rules says Dumbledore has to be at least moderately competent for his power level - which means bad things if you're going up against fifteen decades something of mastermind and wizard.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »