Reviews for Skin
TakeThePRNDL chapter 121 . 8/16
This isnt even over
Heart chapter 121 . 6/23
I know it's been a while, but I hope that you continue this! This piece of art is absolutely wonderful! The way you write in the characters, the way you describe, the way you manage to make this story seem like it has come to life-It's incredible! The progression in the relationship between Kaiba and Katsuya is slow, but that is what makes it realistic. The characters have personality and depth, and while many events happened in the original series, you put in your own twist, making it refreshing, and not just a complete retell! You're dedication is amazing, and it's rare to see anyone to go this far. I'm very impressed with the way you've done all of this, and I admire you as a writer!
manga-neko-96 chapter 1 . 5/21
Rereading this for the fifth time because I have no life. Seriously though, I hope you do come back to this. You are an incredible writer, and I would love to discuss ideas with you, if you ever have the time. Message me on Tumblr or by PM. Thanks for writing this!
Crystia chapter 118 . 5/8
If you still check your reviews, and if you're at all curious- I just looked; I left a bunch of reviews in January 2013. Four years ago! Wow I feel old.

Holy shit I was also so motivated. Look at how many reviews I left. And I actually cared about sounding professional and not going omg, and made an effort not to swear every other word. Hot damn. Young!Me feels like another person sometimes... I was so CHIPPER. What is this, what even is this...

Although I did like the same things, it looks like. This is actually really interesting. Filler chapters! Female Seto! Marik! Jou and Seto interactions! I guess my likes haven't changed, even if my personality has...

Anyway. I'm sorry my reviews this time were more... er... well... THIS.

Thank youuuuu! Bye for real this time
Crystia chapter 121 . 5/8
Hi! I really like this. Seto makes such an awesome woman! And I thought it was really cool that you expanded the characters for a lot of the other women too- Anzu, Shizuka, Mai...

Wow I really like Anzu and Marik's interactions. And that was really unexpected for me. I've even read this before and I remembered liking their friendship the first time through, but I couldn't remember why, and I thought I might not (it's been several years since I read this last)... but it's so interesting. Anzu's scar is fascinating, and how they deal with the overlapping memories- not to mention their very abrupt attachment to each other.

...Ngl, I kind of ship them in this fic. And I don't really ship them ever. And I know it's supposed to be 'twins', or whatnot, but... I don't know, the emotional investment, I guess? Oh well, I know end game is probably Anzu and Yugi, but I really like to see Marik and Anzu interact, anyway. Like, I can 100% get behind them being bffs even if I don't get my first choice. Holy crap Marik's SASS, it's AMAZING.

Side note, this is my second time coming back to this story, and with a fic this length, it's QUITE the commitment... And I read it in under a week. During my final exams week. YOLO AMIRIGHT
I wonder if I left a review the first time, it'd be interesting to see when exactly I read it the first time... hmm... I think it was early high school... Six years ago maybe? Anyway, the fact that I still remember this fic, despite it being so long, just proves it's memorable! Wow

...Also, can I just say... the sheer LENGTH. Duuuudddeeeee. HOW. You're incredible. The sheer dedication. The WORK ETHIC. I could never... Anyway, yeah, impressive.

Okay! Back to... whatever I was saying. To be honest, my favorite parts of this fic were the filler chapters! I really like seeing lots of Jou and Seto interaction. It makes me sad that this fic cut off right when they were starting to be together more T.T but the chocolate exchange was really cute.
AND OHMYGOD SETO CRYING AT JOU'S BEDSIDE AFTER THE DUEL WITH MELVIN. Er, evil Marik. ANYWAY. I GOT SUPER INVESTED AT THAT PART OF THE ARC, AND WAS UP UNTIL 6am READING IT, AND LET ME TELL YOU, SLEEP-DEPRIVED ME WAS NOT PREPARED TO HANDLE IT. Holy crapppppppppp

Oh! And Jounouchi's and Mokuba's friendship is GREAT. There's so many times where I just went 'awwwww'. I was really sad when those interactions trickled down as the fic continued... But hee. When Mokuba was chasing Jou around the mansion asking about that chocolate. I kept giggling. XD

...I also wonder who Honda's chocolate was from! I kind of want it to be from Otogi. Were those hints that they kind of liked each other..? It'd be kinda cool to have some LGBT ppl since Seto's a woman. And I really relate to Otogi, as you write him, so... I don't know, maybe I'm projecting my own gayness. But it's weird! You make me ship so many pairings that I never really do. I don't even ship Otogi and Honda outside this fic. XD
...Oh, it seems like the person didn't go to their school, Jou had a flash, I just checked back. Oh well.

I love how Yugi/Yami Yugi go and visit Joey as ghosts all the time. I always thought the Pharaoh seemed kind of isolated because he could only talk to Yugi, or interact with their friends when they switched out. Like... I thought it must kind of suck. Because the Other Yugi probably witnessed all the interactions, and felt extremely attached to everyone- but they didn't really talk to Other Yugi much. He really feels like part of the 'crew' like this. Also I like how he's very likeable but kiiiind of a dick. Hahahahaha SAME DUDE

WHICH REMINDS ME. That... Alternate Universe? Where Seto was a woman, and Mokuba was adopted by Gozaburo? That thing SHOOK me. I know the whole point was Jou liked the 'real' Seto, but... I don't know. Isn't that still 'her'? It actually dregs up some really deep questioning. If experience makes us who we are, how much is still her? Like, if Jou loved her even in the 'other world'...

Isn't that still her 'essence'? It's how she WOULD have reacted and grown in those circumstances. I also understand the perspective that she's not "Jounouchi's" Seto, though. So I guess... It felt like Seto was still Seto, she just wasn't the one that shared life experience with THIS Jounouchi. So, same person, but different experience...
...Dude, I kind of want to write a fic, with Seri and THAT universe's Jounouchi, as though it were the real universe, and not a "fake" one. Er, well, as real as a fanfiction universe could be. You know what I mean. I don't know if you still check your reviews, but if I wrote it, would you mind? Hmmm

...Did any of that make sense, though, is the real question? I'm sorry, I'm rambling so much. That's what I get for trying to review 121 chapters of almost 2000000 words in a single review. I'm so sorry.

I apologize, but I'm going to keep going.

The little Japanese/Japan tidbits are fun! I've been trying to learn Japanese, I just finished first semester, and I'd taught myself a tiny bit before that... I'm no good, but it's still really fun to learn about it! Ohhh, I want to see the Hanami festival before I die. That's honestly number one on my bucket list.

Oh! I think Jounouchi being a 'seer' is an interesting twist, too! I like how his monsters come out and visit him. That's so cute. Slightly terrifying, but ADORABLE. XD

I'm not sure if you like hearing what your readers want to see? I guess if I had a wishlist, it would be more Marik and Anzu being bffs, more filler/ significantly more Seto and Jou interaction, and maybe Otogi and Honda having mutually requited but secret crushes on each other.

Haha, obviously, I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, though, you do you! I like reading where you take it. Well, I guess you might've stopped writing for it, but thanks for leaving up what you have! I'm glad I got the chance to read it again.

Thank you! Hope you're doing well. :)
kek chapter 1 . 2/11
kek
Guest chapter 121 . 7/21/2016
awesome story
Duncan0Idaho chapter 82 . 6/19/2016
Is Jonuichi a priest? Or rather the reincarnation of one? He knew Mahaad which became the Dark Magician... his flashes, etc. I wonder if he was the one who originally wore the Tauk?
graypheonix chapter 121 . 4/5/2016
Hmmm, took me a while to read through the massive backlog of this story so far...and its pretty interesting, so very worth the read. Well written, good points made against the cannon...almost makes me want to include an AU based on this, with a sympathetic ear of a potential investor with knowledge of a good tailor in london with a flair for espionage...heh. Still, even with a well cut classic suit, Seto-chan is a bit more interesting than her canon counterpart, or the sillier yaoi fangirl version so many present. I might like puppy shipping, but more a fan of a more complex relationship, and you've started a good one here.

Truth is, that comes with a cost. I always end my reviews with update again soon, but this one hasn't seen an update in over 2 years. Worth the wait (with you being in university, downtime to write can be hard to find afterall) but again, will that wait be rewarded? I would hope so.

As such, I do have a vote for the contest, since no update yet. Three options by RV. There is at least one or two naval ports in New Jersey (and Atlantic city, while a classic, is an awful place to use). My two favored options however, and my vote for em, goes with Baltimore MD (decent seafood, and a lot of korean food they can stop for on the way for something different than burgers and fries), and Norfolk VA (classic americana, but harder to travel to, though with Bush Gardens Williamsburg being on the way, could work). If you needed to get one final duel in on the way, a theme park or in either Washington DC (metro down, someone else drives the RV to the other side at a different stop, they duel in the city, metro to the other side, get back in, on their way to the port of Baltimore) provides a few options. Plus, it's an opportunity for someone to get our screwed up metro rail system right for once. Plus Ethiopean food!

IN any case, hope you're doing alright, and looking forward to the next update. Update again soon, ja ne.
novelreader chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
Seriously Gozaboro couldn't tell Seto (if that's her name here?) is a girl? In Game of Thrones, Tywin Lannister could tell Arya was a girl even dressed up as a boy, Gendry can as well. If "Seto" practically lives there, there's cameras there right? I imagine there's no privacy. Or the staff really took the word of a pubescent teen and waited for their raise because Gozaboro was a fucked up boss who treated his employees like crap?
LadyHikari chapter 10 . 10/24/2015
All I can imagine with the estrogen comment is Jounochi with a troll face and the tag 'U mad bro?' As Alaina rages. Hard.
JemDragons chapter 2 . 10/14/2015
Also, 1808 thousand plus words in three and a half years is excessive. You know you could've written 12 actual book in that many words, right? That's the average. I'm not criticizing you in any way, it's actually very impressive, I'm just a bit...shell-shocked at the scale.
JemDragons chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Funny thing. I totally skimmed the summary for this, saw the words 'wait, what?' and re-read it. At 'Kaiba's a girl' I did a double-take and shouted 'wait, WHAT!?' I find this amusing.
Kitana Matsuri chapter 121 . 9/25/2015
Ohhhh boy. I'm noticing a pattern with myself and this fic. I keep coming back to it (while trying to wait a respectable amount of time), and poking at it like an American 5am gamer pokes at Australia. ("C'mon! Do something!" ...It's shameful.)

So from the time I first discovered Skin, my overall conclusion is that any Kaiba/Jonouchi I read now is just inadequate filler until you update. To be fair, that's selfish on my part. Real life is a kick in the ass and I know that all too well. Plus, I can hardly re-write one chapter of my old stuff, much less put up new content. I have no idea how some people do it. It gets harder to come back to a fic after such a long time, too.

I guess I just wanted you to know that I definitely still think about this story. It's always the primary one that comes to mind when I want to read something from the Yugioh-verse. (Your version of Jonouchi is my absolute favorite. The few times I try a new fic for the Yugioh-verse, the more I can't help but compare, even years later. There's just no one else writing BAMF!Jonouchi. Not like you do.)

On a related note, I now have a permanent yearning for more supernaturally inclined Jonouchi. Which is all your doing. But it's nothing I'd ever tell you to be sorry for. When I really think about the possibilities, it makes me insane with indignant fury that it hasn't been exploited into its own massive category. With a huge following and everything. (In a world where he's capable and kind of a badass! WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT THIS FIC IS! WHY WON'T PEOPLE FOLLOW YOUR EXAMPLE?!)

Buuuuuut, I can't have everything! Aside from the vague hope that you'll be stricken with some urgent NEED to carry on with the story, my second highest hope is that you'll fall smack into the middle of the Supernatural fandom. Dead center into Destiel land. Because I'd read the goddamn bejesus out of a Supernatural fanfic from you. ( "You can't always get what you waaa~aant!" Is playing steadily in the background, mocking me. 'Hopes are for winners!', it whispers!)

Well, that's about it. If you update, I will read on. If not, I get it. There's a lot that goes into just getting a quarter of a chapter done. And what you've created is monumental. I'll always cherish it.
ShadeOfTyranny chapter 121 . 8/31/2015
Just read through the whole story. I'm absolutely loving all the dynamics and characterization. I would be super interested to see more plot divergences, but I love the way you write it now, so that's not criticism!