Reviews for Skin
awesome story
Duncan0Idaho chapter 82 . 6/19
Is Jonuichi a priest? Or rather the reincarnation of one? He knew Mahaad which became the Dark Magician... his flashes, etc. I wonder if he was the one who originally wore the Tauk?
graypheonix chapter 121 . 4/5
Hmmm, took me a while to read through the massive backlog of this story so far...and its pretty interesting, so very worth the read. Well written, good points made against the cannon...almost makes me want to include an AU based on this, with a sympathetic ear of a potential investor with knowledge of a good tailor in london with a flair for espionage...heh. Still, even with a well cut classic suit, Seto-chan is a bit more interesting than her canon counterpart, or the sillier yaoi fangirl version so many present. I might like puppy shipping, but more a fan of a more complex relationship, and you've started a good one here.

Truth is, that comes with a cost. I always end my reviews with update again soon, but this one hasn't seen an update in over 2 years. Worth the wait (with you being in university, downtime to write can be hard to find afterall) but again, will that wait be rewarded? I would hope so.

As such, I do have a vote for the contest, since no update yet. Three options by RV. There is at least one or two naval ports in New Jersey (and Atlantic city, while a classic, is an awful place to use). My two favored options however, and my vote for em, goes with Baltimore MD (decent seafood, and a lot of korean food they can stop for on the way for something different than burgers and fries), and Norfolk VA (classic americana, but harder to travel to, though with Bush Gardens Williamsburg being on the way, could work). If you needed to get one final duel in on the way, a theme park or in either Washington DC (metro down, someone else drives the RV to the other side at a different stop, they duel in the city, metro to the other side, get back in, on their way to the port of Baltimore) provides a few options. Plus, it's an opportunity for someone to get our screwed up metro rail system right for once. Plus Ethiopean food!

IN any case, hope you're doing alright, and looking forward to the next update. Update again soon, ja ne.
novelreader chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
Seriously Gozaboro couldn't tell Seto (if that's her name here?) is a girl? In Game of Thrones, Tywin Lannister could tell Arya was a girl even dressed up as a boy, Gendry can as well. If "Seto" practically lives there, there's cameras there right? I imagine there's no privacy. Or the staff really took the word of a pubescent teen and waited for their raise because Gozaboro was a fucked up boss who treated his employees like crap?
LadyHikari chapter 10 . 10/24/2015
All I can imagine with the estrogen comment is Jounochi with a troll face and the tag 'U mad bro?' As Alaina rages. Hard.
JemDragons chapter 2 . 10/14/2015
Also, 1808 thousand plus words in three and a half years is excessive. You know you could've written 12 actual book in that many words, right? That's the average. I'm not criticizing you in any way, it's actually very impressive, I'm just a at the scale.
JemDragons chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Funny thing. I totally skimmed the summary for this, saw the words 'wait, what?' and re-read it. At 'Kaiba's a girl' I did a double-take and shouted 'wait, WHAT!?' I find this amusing.
Kitana Matsuri chapter 121 . 9/25/2015
Ohhhh boy. I'm noticing a pattern with myself and this fic. I keep coming back to it (while trying to wait a respectable amount of time), and poking at it like an American 5am gamer pokes at Australia. ("C'mon! Do something!" ...It's shameful.)

So from the time I first discovered Skin, my overall conclusion is that any Kaiba/Jonouchi I read now is just inadequate filler until you update. To be fair, that's selfish on my part. Real life is a kick in the ass and I know that all too well. Plus, I can hardly re-write one chapter of my old stuff, much less put up new content. I have no idea how some people do it. It gets harder to come back to a fic after such a long time, too.

I guess I just wanted you to know that I definitely still think about this story. It's always the primary one that comes to mind when I want to read something from the Yugioh-verse. (Your version of Jonouchi is my absolute favorite. The few times I try a new fic for the Yugioh-verse, the more I can't help but compare, even years later. There's just no one else writing BAMF!Jonouchi. Not like you do.)

On a related note, I now have a permanent yearning for more supernaturally inclined Jonouchi. Which is all your doing. But it's nothing I'd ever tell you to be sorry for. When I really think about the possibilities, it makes me insane with indignant fury that it hasn't been exploited into its own massive category. With a huge following and everything. (In a world where he's capable and kind of a badass! WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT THIS FIC IS! WHY WON'T PEOPLE FOLLOW YOUR EXAMPLE?!)

Buuuuuut, I can't have everything! Aside from the vague hope that you'll be stricken with some urgent NEED to carry on with the story, my second highest hope is that you'll fall smack into the middle of the Supernatural fandom. Dead center into Destiel land. Because I'd read the goddamn bejesus out of a Supernatural fanfic from you. ( "You can't always get what you waaa~aant!" Is playing steadily in the background, mocking me. 'Hopes are for winners!', it whispers!)

Well, that's about it. If you update, I will read on. If not, I get it. There's a lot that goes into just getting a quarter of a chapter done. And what you've created is monumental. I'll always cherish it.
Naoremonth chapter 121 . 8/31/2015
Just read through the whole story. I'm absolutely loving all the dynamics and characterization. I would be super interested to see more plot divergences, but I love the way you write it now, so that's not criticism!
manga-neko-96 chapter 121 . 7/12/2015
This is my favorite story. It is incredible and I only hope to one day be as talented a writer as you are. I eagerly await the next chapter, but I just may reread the story.
For the contest: I recommend New Bern, North Carolina. It is near 3 different military bases(within 30-45 min, including a Coast Guard base. (Think: lots of boats). In addition, it has two major rivers and was the original state capital. PM me if you want to know more. :)
Suzululu4moe chapter 20 . 1/20/2015
Hahahaha Jou causing seto to have a freak out XD good to know he affected her.

Lol mutt is loyal to his mistress.
Suzululu4moe chapter 19 . 1/20/2015
XD a kiss! Aww the puppy!
Suzululu4moe chapter 18 . 1/20/2015

XD a name!
Suzululu4moe chapter 14 . 1/19/2015
Hahaa yugi and yami's intuitive guesses .

XD puppy's unwitting charm, melts the ice princess. Aww seto. Her mind is gonna be a mess since it's the first time her thoughts are disrupted this way. No boy has ever tried it that way with her before.
Suzululu4moe chapter 13 . 1/19/2015
Aww the trust mokuba feels for him. So cute XD Kazuya-nii!