Reviews for Skin
Solid Sky chapter 53 . 12/7/2010
I am absolutely in love with this fanfic. Your characterization is fantastic! Kaiba's still Kaiba, even female, and you weave in that part of the plot wonderfully. Normally, I'd be a teensy bit miffed that there's not as much puppyshipping as I would expect after 53 chapters, but this fic is moving along so realistically and I enjoy it so much that I don't really care about the lack of fanservice. Great job!

I also drew some fan art for it, actually. It's not much, but I put it on my deviantart: voiceofwho. /art/Seto-chan-185421772?q&qo

(I put a few spaces because I don't know whether they remove links in reviews)
Iona chapter 53 . 12/7/2010
What a setup by the short annoying child that is Rebecca Hopkins... or Hawkins. Yeah, I don't get the name switch either. _ Then again, she survived High School with the possibility of being called mean names (I doubt anyone would pick on a kid her age directly if they were a teenager in High School, but it doesn't mean it shields her from trash talk.), so more power to her in that sense I suppose. *lol* Unless she was a brat who kicked shins for the fun of it. (I could imagine it, thus why I mention it. _)

Fluffy appears once again! I'm both amused and glad Kaiba was there to snarl at Fluffy's presence and figuratively boot him out before things got any weirder. And since it's Fluffy, things can get VERY weird. (The guy eats steak like a wild animal and plays with dolls infused with human souls. Well, he'd probably argue that they're not dolls but *figurines*...) Still, it's interesting to see that interaction between Fluffy and Kaiba, and Kaiba's attitude towards Fluffy given the events of the story.

Speaking of things tall, crabby, and richer than Scrooge McDuck, since you mentioned, how long could I stand Seto Kaiba in real life? Well... maybe about 5 minutes, give or take a couple of smacks to my forehead with a rubber bat from being around the egotism and dragon fetish. *lol*

Though despite the repugnant behavior, Kaiba is an awesome sibling to help Mokuba out like that. It's amazing how much she has changed from a cold unfeeling uber!bitch with homicidal tendencies to... well, a cold unfeeling uber!bitch with homicidal tendencies and a side helping of love and caring for Mokuba. *lol* (Yeah, Kaiba still has a way to go.) I'll be waiting for your next installment. _
Cynical Gamer chapter 53 . 12/5/2010
Sweet! Go me! And go Iona! Maybe we're starting to be able to read you well. But you did give us a pretty big hint with Scapegoat, and on that point, given how often Jou uses that card, it's actually kinda cool-maybe even sweet how there may be a bit of backstory involved there. And for such a seemingly simple card as opposed to the expected big-name ones that of COURSE have to come with the overly dramatic and angsty backstories. *COUGH*blueeyesanddarkmagician*COUGH*

Really? Wow, you certainly do go all-out in finding info for your story. But I like the added touch it gives.

Heh, yep.

Actually, the squiggly is always wrong. So very wrong in so many ways...

I thought you'd enjoy it. Honestly, we don't get to see those two actually work together and plot things out like that. Usually if they do, it's rare. In fact, that was probably the only fic I've ever seen that has. Yours is close, but it seems to be more of an on-the-spot partnership between chibi-Kaiba and Jou rather than Seto-chan actually being conscious and aware of such plotting. ...I wanna see more plotting, dammit!

Well, it is all relative. But I digress, in this case, it's more a matter of what you're trying to be good AT.

C'mon! Give us a hint, at least. Not even Yugi is noticing half this stuff, and it's enough to freak out anybody-no telling how much worse it is for a guy as scared of supernatural and dead things as Jou is. Just don't go LOST on us. Honestly, all that foreshadowing and we get the friggin "ambiguous purgatory ending" that doesn't answer ANY of it.

Heh, it shows. But you write well enough that your answers only help to clarify some things instead of having to outright explain everything to make it make sense. When I read the story, I'm thinking "yeah, I can see that happening" or "that makes sense", and when I read your explanations for your decisions, it's "ah, I thought so". They expand the story, but I don't necessarily need them to make sense of the differences from the canon. And that truly shows your ability as an author.

Not a problem. You wrote it well and it felt more engaging overall than the canon. We expected there to be differences at some point. Not to mention that, even as a fic based on a "minor change" to the series, there's bound to reach a point where your story is going to really deviate from the canon. This is partly due to the snowball effect of that first change and its effects, but it's also because this is fanfiction and it's not meant to be a complete replication of what occurs in the original series. Don't doubt yourself. You had your reasons for what you did, you explained them well in case of any uncertainty, and your changes and alterations have made this story interesting and very different from the original, even as it follows along the same timeframe.

lol, you really had fun with it and it shows. Honestly, I kind of hope to see more like it. I think I'm more interested in seeing what other changes will take place.

I'll bet. Heheh, poor Jou. I know, and I love how you're going about it. She's still tough, but you can see some times where she actually seems to show some care for him, even if as nothing more than a loyal lackey. And you're doing quite well with the realism. It's slow, it's funny, and it all still makes sense and isn't rushed or mushy. True.

So, figuring what's bound to happen next, as you've been hinting at it...I'm willing to bet they're going to meet up with Duke soon. But is Jou really going to have to put on that dog suit in this? I would think-or hope-that his paranoia and growth would help him avoid that fate this time-mainly because I just really, really hate those episodes since Duke ticks me off. But then part of me wonders what else could come of any conflict there and if Seto-chan would get involved over it.

Just...seriously...a dog suit?
Szaphyr chapter 53 . 12/5/2010
Didn't knew what Puppyshipping is before I came here (as I said I never really was that big a fan of the series so this is pretty much the first Fanfic I read) and yeah TvTropes is just awesome

Anyway Rebecca what's to say about her...

She's a brat. Yeah but I pretty much agree with your assessment that she undoubtly has serious issues.

Have I mention already that I'm seriously impressed with your portrayal of the characters?

Cause I seriously am.

You know looking at her I'm pretty sure that at least half of her can you say that she's a bit like Seto? Much more bratty (though Seto has her moments...) But both are Geniuses, both skipped a big part of school live, both make fun of Jounouchi, both are obsessed with the White dragen...

Yeah if I think a bit longer I'm sure I can think of more...

Don't worry about taking your time I have no problem with long fics quite the opposite actually and since you update quite fast I'm happy

Oh yeah and Seto is forgetting something very important that Jounouchi can teach little Mokuba...

namely what not to do...

So I've got nothing to complain about just keep at it and I'll be happy
Jadej.j chapter 53 . 12/5/2010
Oh my the signs of Yami Bakura are showing eh. Mokuba heading to middle school...ah the fun. Then there is Jou. Is he showing shadow powers...since he can see Yami and fell what happens to duel monsters...:) Great chapter :)
Iona chapter 52 . 12/2/2010
Very nice chapter. I enjoyed this chapter, since it really shows our characters doing things that aren't game related for once. (Well, unless you happen to count love as a game. *lol*) _

I enjoyed how descriptive you were in portraying the boys anxiously awaiting possible chocolate treats. (Poor Honda. Not one morsel, well, aside from Mai.) And Jounouchi's clever way of trading chocolate with Kaiba was something I expected. (Just dropping it and running? He knows when to keep clear of the dragon's cave. *lol*) Also, I greatly enjoyed Jounouchi's discussion with Shizuka and her blooming relationship, and Jounouchi's homicidal thoughts on Shizuka's suitors. (He wouldn't be Jounouchi unless he wished death upon any possible boyfriends. *lol*) It makes me almost feel sorry for the people in his path. Almost. _

Oh yes, and Jounouchi's starting to see Yami now huh? Does this mean his odd ability is gaining power?

Oh yes! And the pictures! I am enjoying the interesting drawings. (Jounouchi the goat/sheep herder? Well, scape goat is a goat, not a sheep, so it would be goat herder, even if they are fluffy and cute. *lol* He would probably use a shepherd's crook or staff that most herders have if he is one... well, unless they used something different in Ancient Kemet. And I'm too lazy right now to research it to the degree I usually go through to find such information. *lol*) Well, I look forward to the next chapter. _
Szaphyr chapter 52 . 12/2/2010
Great story

I must honestly say that when I first looked at this (on the TvTropes Page) I didn't think I would actualy read this for very long but since I had time to kill and no other updated stories I gave it a try and I must say I was pleasently surprised

Seriously I'm not really a fan of either the pairing or the series I don't hate it i just never saw it as anything special... but you actually managed to make me take a second look at it

I also really like how you are developing the character. To many writer just ruin a story by rushing in just keep at it and you'll be fine

Also I must say I'm seriously impressed by the amount of research you obviously took especially with background information on Japan (as far as I can tell everythinks right but then I'm not exactly an expert) and the Injuries.

As I said I'm not realy a fan of the franchise but I still like how close to the manga you keep everything.

Honestly I'm having a hard time thinking about anything negative about it. I think I spotted a typing mistake once or twice but nothing major (can't even remember where...), grammar was never my strengh so I'm not commenting on that (looks flawless enough to me)

As alredy mentioned development of the couple is a bit couple but then everything else would just feel fake so don't change it.

Sometimes I have a bit of trouble following what's going on but that's realy just nitpicking...

So real great work just keep at it
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 52 . 12/2/2010
YAY! NEW UPDATE! And you mentioned... CHOCOLATE! *drool* Yes, precious chocolate, that which is most good, and my ally in the fight against the clowns *DIE CLOWNS!*. All hail CHOCOLATE!

Of course our dear Katsuya-kun had to get Seto-chan her choco-treats for White Day. If he didn't then... well... uhh... I dunno, mebbe Kaiba would have shot layzors from her eyeballs at him. Which would be kewl. *lawl* And I wanna play Ninja Ninja Revolution! And throw them sharp pointy thingies at people as I sneaky dance. WAHA! *toss pointy thingies* And Kaiba's dragon jet! The weird crazy jet that makes me wonder why it's designed that way since I get the feeling it wastes more fuel than saves it, unless you apply anime physics, then maybe it would work, but still, I have to argue that the design seems more wasteful than sleek and aerodynamic like aircraft are meant to be, but I guess if you're obsessed over a dragon and you have cash to burn... *ahem* Yeah, and don't forget the Blue Eyes Stadium, and Blue Eyes roller coaster, and Blue Eyes costume, and Blue Eyes under pants, and Blue Eyes toaster, and Blue Eyes submarine, and Blue Eyes eye drops and Blue Eyes pogo stick...

*Yeah I made a bunch up... or did I? WoOoOo...* I bet Kisara wishes she could kick Kaiba's ass over his weirdness. *lawl*
Cynical Gamer chapter 52 . 12/1/2010
What, was past Jou a sheep herder?

Yes, I'm back...finally. Long time no see! And thank you for not hitting me anymore.

I see being able to put a voice to each line as a positive, since it lets you see or hear in your head how you want the scene to go. I know, right?

lol, hard to choose? I hear you there. Squiggly! SQUIGGLY BAD!

Sure I can. Or I can at least try...

Lucky they don't know Seto's a girl, then. The fic is called "Happy Valentine's Day, Kaiba" and can be found at www. fanfiction s/ 2797907/ 1/ Happy_Valentines_Day_Kaiba or you could just search for it. Honestly, the two of them could really get up to a lot of stuff together.

Depends on your definition of "good", but if you mean good at being evil, then yeah.

How fortunate. I think that sets things up nicely. Oh dear...what are you going to do to Jou?

Wow, that just pretty much answered that. STOP FORESHADOWING, DARN IT!

Makes sense. You really do well in answering the questions regarding the reasons for any differences from the original series. I have to hand it to you, there. And yes, much love to the costume.

For the present, though, I have to say that you built up the previous chapters splendidly. And this V-day based chapter made me laugh. Heehee. I loved the bit at the end with Kaiba's reaction to the chocolates. "Haha...HAHAHAHAaaa...moron."
Jadej.j chapter 52 . 12/1/2010
Ya having fun typing these little canons aren't ya. Poor Jou had to get Seto-chan chocolate and then he seeing and hearing Yami...It's just going to get worse for him isn't it. :)
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 51 . 12/1/2010
AND THAT'S A WRAP! For the Virtual Arc thingie. Yeah. I'm going to miss Princess Mokuba! *cries* Too bad Kaiba didn't get to see her and have an aneurysm from the weirdness. *lawl*

I had to laff at the way our dear Jouno-kun was all like 'Mah Berfday was crazy!' and Kaiba was all like 'Meh, Berfdays are for proletariats, and I yam above dat.'. Yeah, that guy needs a party, the poor thing, and Kaiba needs to eat caek, to cheer her up from the fact that Mokuba looks like he visits bondage dungeons. Uhh... not that I'D know anything about things like that. *shifty eyez* Oh yah, and the bugs thing in this chapter are gross. EBIL BUGS! BUGS ARE ETERNAL ENEMY OF MINE! *Well, bugs and clowns. CLOWNS ARE EBIL! SLAY THEM ALL! DESTROY THE CLOWN MENACE! MUAHAHAHAHA!* Yes... KILL DEM BUGS! Smoosh them! Make them pay! DESTROY THEM AND KILL THEM ALL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I like that Kaiba and Yuugi got put in their place when Mokuba was like 'YOU TWO STFU AND WORK TOGETHER!'. That was both hilarious and appropriate for him to do that.
Death-Dimension chapter 51 . 11/30/2010
Hi it me who said this has become my no 1 favourite fic.

I like the fact that you take time to explain things at the end it has brought lots of giggles such as what you said about Kaiba having another wall to smack her head agaisnt I couldn't stop laughing.

Simply reading this I can tell you really enjoy writing even without you sayin and the story has a professional air about with the facts being explained in detail.

I don't know much about Kanji and probably never will but its still nice to get the explainations.

Another thing about the story is that I find it absolutly believeable as in the anime Kaiba NEVER gets a girlfriend so as I'm reading your story I think it the real one that should have been, it would have made the show so much more funny and heart-qlencing at the same time.

And something esle of interest I saw your doddle about noa put kaiba into a female outfit during they dual the look on everyone faces was absolutly priceless I was laughing for a good half-hour I can just imagine kaiba trying to cover herself up face completly red from embarissment I would so love to see that in your story OOOOOHHHHH I can't wait to read more
Iona chapter 51 . 11/27/2010
Wow! What a chapter! This was extremely entertaining, and I'm glad Mokuba wasn't just a passive spectator this time. (Must be that influence from Jounouchi. *lol* _)

I also enjoyed the way that Kaiba dealt with the Big 5, though I can't help but feel bad for those guys in some way. (That, and I also have to wonder if it's going to smell in that room eventually because of those guys rotting...)

Also, I'm glad you also included that last snippet of Noah once more. For some reason, I feel anxious for Jounouchi, for attracting his attention, but then again, it's probably nothing. *lol* Oh well, I'll see you next chapter. _
Jadej.j chapter 51 . 11/27/2010
Oh boy what a battle and now Seto has to growl to herself about how Yugi and Mai knows her true gender. Then of course there are the clothes that Mokuba is wearing...hehehe. Oh my :)
CrimsonLaurana chapter 11 . 11/27/2010
Awwwww. So cute! Seto-chan, eh? Is Jou tryin' ta piss 'er off? If he is, he's doin' a good job!
950 | « Prev Page 1 .. 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 .. Last Next »