Reviews for Skin
Iona chapter 56 . 12/12/2010
*lol* I just love those Mokuba and Jounouchi moments. (Jounouchi putting Mokuba on his shoulders to get a better view of the surroundings was both cute, and showed how close they are.) They're pretty close now huh? Though seeing as they live in the same house, and do things together a lot, it's not surprising.

And Otogi's father is a total creep. Not because of his curse, but for the fact that he's so set on revenge.

Jounouchi's strange visions strike again. Seems like he's going to go nuts from all of this pretty soon huh? *lol* And it looks like both Bakura and Jounouchi have something to hide under their shirts of a necklace like nature huh? _ (Though in Jounouchi's case, it's probably more embarrassing than evil.) Well, I look forward to your next chapter. _
Iona chapter 55 . 12/12/2010
Well, that's one way to begin a beautiful friendship. (Notice that most of Yuugi's friends are former enemies? *lol*)

I have to sympathize with Otogi, for having such terrible father. I'm glad you're following the manga's take on Otogi, since it gives him more of a background. (Though I could care less for those gorgeous green eyes, and that silky hair... *slaps forehead*)

Oh yes, the Fluffy Fanclub. It's amusing to see that they consider Otogi the 'darkside'. Then again, they don't know Fluffy's true nature... *lol* You should do a crack side chapter all about the Fluffy Fanclub and the Dice-boy fan club having an all out brawl on the basketball courts. Then again, I think I'd just rather have more chapters about the main storyline, since I see that quickly turning into more of a blood bath than anything amusing. *lol*)

And Mokuba! Eating lunch with the High School kids down the block? How long is their lunch break anyway? ANYWAY, onto the next chapter!
Jadej.j chapter 56 . 12/12/2010
Oh my Yugi in a bind and the others just realise...Then Jou seeing things again poor Jou. Now the dog tags were out in the open...the blushing blond in trouble...:)
Iona chapter 54 . 12/10/2010
Sheesh, Rebecca needed to get the bug out of her bonnet. Or something relaxing, the kid is way too uptight. *lol* Glad to see that you've gotten her introduced and now friends with the Yuugi-gang. Well... sort of. *lol*

I can agree with you that her attitude is quite similar to Kaiba's. Maybe it's the curse of being a genius? Of just the fact they have similar attitudes? Arrogant, isolated and with weird... fixations? (Kaiba with blue eyes white dragon, and Rebecca with her teddy bear... thing. *lol* Probably why she has that fixation on Yuugi when they meet again, since he resembles a baby panda. *jk*) You can tell I was reaching with that last one. _ But arrogant and isolated they both are definitely there.

Oh yes, I am enjoying your fanart. I have no clue as to the concept to the concept spoiler picture, only that it looks like the girl in the background has a blue eyes keychain on her cell phone and Jounouchi looks like he saw something unbelievable or very traumatic. (Honda wearing a long blond wig and riding through the countryside naked like Lady Godiva? Or worse... Kaiba genuinely smiling. *shudder* If that happened, it would cause a time space anomaly, ending all existence. *jk*) Well, I look forward to what you have coming up next. _
zakuro93 chapter 54 . 12/9/2010
Ohhh Rebecca. That little snot faced brat that gets under everyones skin. I wish she really did fall...or spontaneously combust at some points. Jk! Gotta love 'em! Good thing she sorta has a change of heart towards the end. FINALLY. Duel of the grandpas would have been super cool! Question, since I barely read the manga (I should go buy it now haha) is most of the profanity in there? Well of course save for some..*ahem* more colorful words. Anyways, another fantasmical chapter! Can't wait for the next one!

Btw, I love your artwork! I'm jealous! I wish I could draw that good
Lace Kyoko chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
Oh yes, I definitely caught the "Nee-sama"-"Nii-sama" thing. I love how this is based so heavily on the manga. :) I don't get enough of that. Most fics I read now are based on YGOTAS, which I think is kinda wrong. Just a little. :)

This is sooooooo good. :)
Lace Kyoko chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
First thing: What is "character on a bus" syndrome? I seriously don't know.

Ok, I really like this! I'm surprised you made Kaiba into a chick, but I like this. It's different, definitely differnt, and a nice twist on puppyshipping. It's nice to read something that won't be so typical.

Ok, I will keep reading this, but I do believe you have a new fan in the works. :)
Jadej.j chapter 54 . 12/8/2010
Some times ya have too much fun writing these chapters eh. Poor Jou doesn't like monsters dying does he...he feels that pain...:P Love ya drawings too...:)
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 53 . 12/8/2010
If I were Mokuba, I would also use my scary sister's powers to procure a zombie wiener dog to do my bidding, in addition to getting a school to let me have long flowing Maybelline hair. But it's probably a good thing that I'm not Mokuba, because knowing how Kaiba's like... (lawl jk)

BTW, I asked my friend who grew up in Japan until 7th grade about when graduation takes place, and she said that for her school they had their graduation near the beginning of March. But she also mentioned that it's not all the same for every school, but that she was sure everyone definitely graduated prior to Golden Week. Which eventually led to us discussing mochi ice cream. (drool) Yeah... I'm gonna eat some mochi.
zakuro93 chapter 53 . 12/7/2010
Oh. My. God.

Best fic I've ever read. EVER. Though I will get to that point in a little bit.

By the way, hi.

I've recently started reading this and I've decided to review as soon as I was caught up. (Which took a little while! But so worth it).

This is just so well written that I can't stop reading it! I also LOVE the fact that it has your own twist in the storyline which makes everything interesting to a whole new level!

Ohh for the AN at the end...very very entertaining! I love your sense of humor and how you word things in such a clever way in that it makes it funny. I'm dying to know if Seto and Jou will ever advance in their "relationship". I wonder if they'll ever kiss. I definately want to read all about that! Haha! *sigh* I can't wait to see what else is in store for those two...*dreamy sigh* I can't wait for the next chapter and I am now a faithful reviewer! If I can still vote, I choose the crossdressing priestess set. Ooo! More twists!

On a random note, I love how this fic is giving me Yu-gi-oh induced dreams...hm...I kind of like it...a lot...hahaha!

And for one last final point...

I think Canadians are so cool! (I'm American..kind of...)

Anyways, please update soon with more awesomeness!
Solid Sky chapter 53 . 12/7/2010
I am absolutely in love with this fanfic. Your characterization is fantastic! Kaiba's still Kaiba, even female, and you weave in that part of the plot wonderfully. Normally, I'd be a teensy bit miffed that there's not as much puppyshipping as I would expect after 53 chapters, but this fic is moving along so realistically and I enjoy it so much that I don't really care about the lack of fanservice. Great job!

I also drew some fan art for it, actually. It's not much, but I put it on my deviantart: voiceofwho. /art/Seto-chan-185421772?q&qo

(I put a few spaces because I don't know whether they remove links in reviews)
Iona chapter 53 . 12/7/2010
What a setup by the short annoying child that is Rebecca Hopkins... or Hawkins. Yeah, I don't get the name switch either. _ Then again, she survived High School with the possibility of being called mean names (I doubt anyone would pick on a kid her age directly if they were a teenager in High School, but it doesn't mean it shields her from trash talk.), so more power to her in that sense I suppose. *lol* Unless she was a brat who kicked shins for the fun of it. (I could imagine it, thus why I mention it. _)

Fluffy appears once again! I'm both amused and glad Kaiba was there to snarl at Fluffy's presence and figuratively boot him out before things got any weirder. And since it's Fluffy, things can get VERY weird. (The guy eats steak like a wild animal and plays with dolls infused with human souls. Well, he'd probably argue that they're not dolls but *figurines*...) Still, it's interesting to see that interaction between Fluffy and Kaiba, and Kaiba's attitude towards Fluffy given the events of the story.

Speaking of things tall, crabby, and richer than Scrooge McDuck, since you mentioned, how long could I stand Seto Kaiba in real life? Well... maybe about 5 minutes, give or take a couple of smacks to my forehead with a rubber bat from being around the egotism and dragon fetish. *lol*

Though despite the repugnant behavior, Kaiba is an awesome sibling to help Mokuba out like that. It's amazing how much she has changed from a cold unfeeling uber!bitch with homicidal tendencies to... well, a cold unfeeling uber!bitch with homicidal tendencies and a side helping of love and caring for Mokuba. *lol* (Yeah, Kaiba still has a way to go.) I'll be waiting for your next installment. _
Cynical Gamer chapter 53 . 12/5/2010
Sweet! Go me! And go Iona! Maybe we're starting to be able to read you well. But you did give us a pretty big hint with Scapegoat, and on that point, given how often Jou uses that card, it's actually kinda cool-maybe even sweet how there may be a bit of backstory involved there. And for such a seemingly simple card as opposed to the expected big-name ones that of COURSE have to come with the overly dramatic and angsty backstories. *COUGH*blueeyesanddarkmagician*COUGH*

Really? Wow, you certainly do go all-out in finding info for your story. But I like the added touch it gives.

Heh, yep.

Actually, the squiggly is always wrong. So very wrong in so many ways...

I thought you'd enjoy it. Honestly, we don't get to see those two actually work together and plot things out like that. Usually if they do, it's rare. In fact, that was probably the only fic I've ever seen that has. Yours is close, but it seems to be more of an on-the-spot partnership between chibi-Kaiba and Jou rather than Seto-chan actually being conscious and aware of such plotting. ...I wanna see more plotting, dammit!

Well, it is all relative. But I digress, in this case, it's more a matter of what you're trying to be good AT.

C'mon! Give us a hint, at least. Not even Yugi is noticing half this stuff, and it's enough to freak out anybody-no telling how much worse it is for a guy as scared of supernatural and dead things as Jou is. Just don't go LOST on us. Honestly, all that foreshadowing and we get the friggin "ambiguous purgatory ending" that doesn't answer ANY of it.

Heh, it shows. But you write well enough that your answers only help to clarify some things instead of having to outright explain everything to make it make sense. When I read the story, I'm thinking "yeah, I can see that happening" or "that makes sense", and when I read your explanations for your decisions, it's "ah, I thought so". They expand the story, but I don't necessarily need them to make sense of the differences from the canon. And that truly shows your ability as an author.

Not a problem. You wrote it well and it felt more engaging overall than the canon. We expected there to be differences at some point. Not to mention that, even as a fic based on a "minor change" to the series, there's bound to reach a point where your story is going to really deviate from the canon. This is partly due to the snowball effect of that first change and its effects, but it's also because this is fanfiction and it's not meant to be a complete replication of what occurs in the original series. Don't doubt yourself. You had your reasons for what you did, you explained them well in case of any uncertainty, and your changes and alterations have made this story interesting and very different from the original, even as it follows along the same timeframe.

lol, you really had fun with it and it shows. Honestly, I kind of hope to see more like it. I think I'm more interested in seeing what other changes will take place.

I'll bet. Heheh, poor Jou. I know, and I love how you're going about it. She's still tough, but you can see some times where she actually seems to show some care for him, even if as nothing more than a loyal lackey. And you're doing quite well with the realism. It's slow, it's funny, and it all still makes sense and isn't rushed or mushy. True.

So, figuring what's bound to happen next, as you've been hinting at it...I'm willing to bet they're going to meet up with Duke soon. But is Jou really going to have to put on that dog suit in this? I would think-or hope-that his paranoia and growth would help him avoid that fate this time-mainly because I just really, really hate those episodes since Duke ticks me off. But then part of me wonders what else could come of any conflict there and if Seto-chan would get involved over it.

Just...seriously...a dog suit?
Szaphyr chapter 53 . 12/5/2010
Didn't knew what Puppyshipping is before I came here (as I said I never really was that big a fan of the series so this is pretty much the first Fanfic I read) and yeah TvTropes is just awesome

Anyway Rebecca what's to say about her...

She's a brat. Yeah but I pretty much agree with your assessment that she undoubtly has serious issues.

Have I mention already that I'm seriously impressed with your portrayal of the characters?

Cause I seriously am.

You know looking at her I'm pretty sure that at least half of her can you say that she's a bit like Seto? Much more bratty (though Seto has her moments...) But both are Geniuses, both skipped a big part of school live, both make fun of Jounouchi, both are obsessed with the White dragen...

Yeah if I think a bit longer I'm sure I can think of more...

Don't worry about taking your time I have no problem with long fics quite the opposite actually and since you update quite fast I'm happy

Oh yeah and Seto is forgetting something very important that Jounouchi can teach little Mokuba...

namely what not to do...

So I've got nothing to complain about just keep at it and I'll be happy
Jadej.j chapter 53 . 12/5/2010
Oh my the signs of Yami Bakura are showing eh. Mokuba heading to middle school...ah the fun. Then there is Jou. Is he showing shadow powers...since he can see Yami and fell what happens to duel monsters...:) Great chapter :)
960 | « Prev Page 1 .. 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 .. Last Next »