Reviews for Skin
Iona chapter 50 . 11/24/2010
*sniffle* That was so sad! Poor Eri!

And Mokuba! Awesome ninja skills! Kaiba should be lucky that Mokuba is so awesome as to create that sort of rescue. (Plus, it goes against that awful stereotype that Mokuba is a crybaby weakling who needs to be babied. Yay!) Epic!Mokuba for the win!

The drawing was cool. _ I like comics strips, so it was a welcome change to see something so humorous and entertaining.

Oh yeah, and I'm anxious to see how things will end here. Our protagonists here are in quite the pickle, and I'm looking forward to how things shape up for them.
Jadej.j chapter 50 . 11/23/2010
Well Seto now knows Yugi knows what she is and he, Jou and Mai are in the game as well...what action and what a sad death. Let's kick big five butt...:)
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 49 . 11/22/2010
ICE CREAM SANDIES! Now that that awkwardness-ness has been put out there, I got to say, w007 on the costume change for our dear Jouno-kun. I am super serial on that, cuz, Fred Flintstone was so 10 centuries ago for a reason. P Dry cleaning fur is expensive. *drum roll* Though the fur being there combined with a cloth thingie and helm does still remind me of things of the Conan the Barbarian persuasion.(lulz) Blame it on watching Conan the Barbarian the Musical. Oh yeah, the maid's reaction was to die for as well. And awkward, since it could have been perceived as pervy. *lawl*

Hurray for Princess Mokuba! Cross dressing runs in that family it seems. *snicker* Can't wait to see what Kaiba says about that.
Cynical Gamer chapter 49 . 11/20/2010
Um...yeah, sure. Just don't hit me again. (Hides behind Iona)

Okay, yeah, I can see how that'd be creepy. "This...is so wrong. Aren't you supposed to be twelve?" "Well, if you think about it, he's technically a teenager, hormones and all." "Shut UP, I don't even want to think about it!" "Oh my GOD, Kaiba's actually hot!" "Just make sure she doesn't hear you say that..." Um...*cough* yeah...lets not.

Heh, I can't wait.

I kinda do, actually. I think it'll help me prepare for the worst...

Well, of COURSE Kaiba has fangirls. Luckily, she's able to ignore them. The guys though...she'd be hounded with crappy pickup lines everywhere she goes.

That she does. I remember a fic where Jou and Kaiba (male Kaiba) hatched a plot together to take advantage of the fangirls' infatuation with Kaiba during Valentine's Day. It was quite funny, and showed a strange partnership between them that we otherwise never get to see. A shame, really, because I bet those two could come up with some EVIL plans if they worked together. Heh, yeah.

Well, that explains how he got the glove, but you'd still think someone would notice he's not supposed to be there. And, y'know, NOT go "oh, okay then" just because his friend gives him a star chip. Maybe.

I'll bet. Though you are evil for making us wait so long on that. You do update regularly, though, so that makes it at least a bit bearable. You're still evil, though.

So is this one. I foresee nightmares in his future. I know, that part really sucked. And she was almost there, too! D: Well, that makes more sense for them to enter the world, at least.

I figured as much. But what does it mean? Are we gonna see a mind slave Jou again? Or is there more to it-wait, it's you, so of course there will be...but what? Torture? Blackmail? What? D: Darn you and your foreshadowing!

So it looks like we're reaching that point in the Legendary Heroes arc. Fun times. And I greatly appreciate your change to Jou's costume. It was like "Thank GOD!" But will there be any consequences of Jou's reveal of Kaiba's gender in the game? Hmm...I guess we'll see...
Iona chapter 49 . 11/19/2010
No! Mokuba! Why does he always have to sacrifice himself for his Nii-sama(Nee-sama)? Then again, it makes him that much more likable and awesome and totally not annoying, compared to other kids his age in other anime. Though even in Yugi-Oh, I have to admit, there are some kids who are pretty annoying to compare him to. *sideways glance at Rebecca Hopkins.* Then again, no one can resist Epic!Mokuba. I can't wait to see what sort of awesome Nee-sama saving moves he'll do. *grins* _

I totally understand what you mean about girls in general being a lot cattier with their insults compared to guys. (Middle School was tough, but High School was ok for me, since I never had any problems. People like me, what can I say? _)

And I am happy that you're also incorporating such an interesting back story to Mai. She's one of my favorite characters, so I am happy to see her get her chance in the spotlight in such a positive way. Well, I suppose I've said enough. *lol* I look forward to your next update.
Jadej.j chapter 49 . 11/19/2010
Action, action, action. Wonderful chapter. I can see Seto being really mad when they used his Blue Eyes...:)
Maggiemay chapter 48 . 11/19/2010
Well, had it checked. Doctor says it's not cold - just me having an idiocy attack. It'll get better when I grow a new brain. Until then ignore all idiocies.

Blargh! If I want juicy Seto/Jou I'll just have to write it... Hmmm... Well I COULD finish Bury It Deeper (Yugi kills Jou's dad protecting Jou so they try to bury the body on Kaiba's land. YOU do the math cuz no matter how I do it - it equals PAIN.)

Ah well okay then on to this part of your story. Why didn't Seri's arm heal? What did I miss?

Okay the Jou getting swallowed thing reminded me of MIB. Tommy Lee Jones at the end of the movie when the space cockroach at him. *blargh and gag*

But well written and entertaining.

Maggiemay
Cynical Gamer chapter 48 . 11/18/2010
Well, at least you didn't hit me again. Thanks.

Well, yeah, the whole "I want to take over your body" was creepy enough, but giving him a strange "interest" in her would only up the wrongness factor. Point. If he's got a weird obsession with her, the big "reveal" would seem a lot more perverted. We'll just wait and see what happens, then.

Oh god...that sentence came with a squiggly! D: What are you planning? What evil are you PLANNING?

To be expected, given that she's Kaiba. Plus pretending to be a boy for so long and all, she likely hasn't had many people interested. *Pause* Okay, so she likely hasn't noticed or CARED if anybody was interested. Don't MAKE me pull out my patented GLARE O DOOM on you.

Just a little at least, but that usually happens with character growth.

Yeah, he's really lucky there.

I get the fanfic. You made it pretty clear why he had to compete and that it was expected. It's the anime and manga that left me scratching my head. A no-name novice duelist just suddenly shows up on the islands, lacking a glove or any indication that he is a duelist, and they don't kick him off because his friend gave him a star chip-of course, completely ignoring the OTHER THREE non-competitors who shouldn't be on the island either.

Heh, I'll bet. Hmm...man, this is difficult. I thought I was getting somewhere. I can't wait for the big reveal!

Yeah. Thanks for that.

And I just saw the chapter. Awesome. AWESOME I say! I loved the upgrades to the weapons and abilities for this game. And Jou getting eaten...hehe, poor Jou. But Kaiba certainly isn't some damsel in distress, is she? And I loved the art. The bit with the tauk and rod were pretty nifty looking, and make me wonder exactly what scenes are being depicted by them. Hmm...
Jadej.j chapter 48 . 11/17/2010
Wonderful chapter love how Jou got into his character as well as Seto-chan kicking butt :)
Iona chapter 48 . 11/16/2010
The creep gets his comeuppance! Hooray for pyrokinesis! _

Kaiba is enjoying assassinating and stealing another person's clothes way too much, judging by the dark laughter. (Then again, getting rid of all that repressed rage is probably a good thing. And for our dear Katsuya Jounouchi, that's a healthy thing, since it means she'll kill him with less of a vengeance *lol*.) I can already hear the grinding teeth of rage...

And Anzu and Honda, oh you two. (Honda needs to learn that women don't like it when you stare blatantly at their assets.) It's a good thing that Anzu's there to make sure he pays attention to the problems at hand. *lol* _

Of course, the action in this chapter was pretty cool as well. Epic!Mokuba is never a bad thing in my opinion, and in this instance, he was great. _ Also, the escape on Harpies Pet Dragon was a welcome change as well.

Btw, your drawings are really getting me anxious to see what you have planned. Hanging the carrot in front of us eh? _ I'm looking forward to your next update.
Iona chapter 47 . 11/15/2010
I'm really liking how you incorporate not only Jounouchi's point of view on things here (especially concerning creepy dogs.), but the other characters such as Anzu and Honda. (It makes me sad when fanfiction writers ignore them or relegate them as unimportant or annoying.) But I really like how you also have each of the character's feelings shine through, even when the attention isn't focused solely on them, and that's what really keeps me interested in continuing to read this. _

The Noah cameo though is a nice touch. Does this mean he'll be popping in and out throughout their journey, or was that a one time appearance? (I always did find Noah's circumstances to be interesting, if tragic.)

Oh man, what would those guys do without Mokuba to keep them on the path? I like that you have Mokuba have those touches of maturity, which reflect the very different upbringing he had. I hate it when fanfic writers basically make him the equivalent of a 5 year old who has to be constantly watched and taken care of. I also hate it when they ignore the fact that the Kaiba siblings are a team who work together.

Sure Kaiba is the elder sibling and responsible for Mokuba in some ways, but they're siblings in the end, not parent and child, or babysitter and kid and a lot of fanfiction writers (not you of course) ignore that fact. They also seem to forget that Mokuba is a tough kid too, even if he looks small and weak in comparison to Kaiba. The kid is pretty independent given his young age. Besides, who doesn't like Epic!Mokuba moments? *lol* Well, I suppose I said enough. I'll be looking forward to the next installment. _
Lily272 chapter 47 . 11/15/2010
nice story really liked it
Maggiemay chapter 47 . 11/15/2010
Thank you for the updates. Perfect for entertainment on a cold and snowy day.

I haven't any intelligent remarks today because my brain is frozen (see above).

*sighs* I have to admit to a tiny bit of impatience. I want to have a bit more Seto/Jou interaction... even if it's just a hug when Seto is freed from the T - not likely to happen... and if it did Jou would likely find his ass in the dirt but...

Well enough impatience. Great job and thanks a lot.

Maggiemay Lost_in_the_
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 47 . 11/15/2010
BTW, the nameless review for chapter 47 is mine. Dunno why it didn't put my SN in the name part. IT'S THE FANFIC GHOSTIES! (scampers off somewhere)
Guest chapter 47 . 11/15/2010
YAY! Red Eyes Black Dragon! That dragon is kewl, so I am very glad he's part of the Yugi-team now. Plus, I likes teh awesome changes. And I like that it's in Jounouchi's viewpoint as well, since he's a funny guy. AND, I like that this story has some awesome syntax, and the grammar is not horrible like my own. Ku ku ku ku... yeah, wrong time to add that in. Later, when I find something evil, like, uh... monkeys. Yeah.

Hey, it's Noa's pet dog that he made look like something out of S and M Magazine 1996 edition, a periodical which I have never perused through. Uhh, yeah. (eye shifty)

What was Noa virtually smoking when he made that cute puppy into the bad guy from 'The People Under The Stairs'? Must be the apathy of living in a computerized world with little to do, and never being able to feel anything either due to being a compooper thing. Since being a computerized whatsit would make anyone pretty crazy. Though I expected more 'crazy like a moose', or 'crazy like a fox', than just plain 'batshit crazy' or 'I yam a gonna take yer bodee like that symbiote from Spiderman, making you into Venom' crazy (lol) Yaha! Can't wait for Kaiba to get freaked out by the weirdo teal green haired kid that resembles her. I don't know what to expect from Noa on the whole 'Seto being adopted to be the future body of Noa Kaiba' but one thing is certain, if I were Noa, I would wonder why the heck my dad adopted a GIRL to be my replacement body and subsequently be both repulsed and angered. And maybe homicidal too. (cackle)
950 | « Prev Page 1 .. 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 .. Last Next »