Reviews for Skin
Iona chapter 52 . 12/2/2010
Very nice chapter. I enjoyed this chapter, since it really shows our characters doing things that aren't game related for once. (Well, unless you happen to count love as a game. *lol*) _

I enjoyed how descriptive you were in portraying the boys anxiously awaiting possible chocolate treats. (Poor Honda. Not one morsel, well, aside from Mai.) And Jounouchi's clever way of trading chocolate with Kaiba was something I expected. (Just dropping it and running? He knows when to keep clear of the dragon's cave. *lol*) Also, I greatly enjoyed Jounouchi's discussion with Shizuka and her blooming relationship, and Jounouchi's homicidal thoughts on Shizuka's suitors. (He wouldn't be Jounouchi unless he wished death upon any possible boyfriends. *lol*) It makes me almost feel sorry for the people in his path. Almost. _

Oh yes, and Jounouchi's starting to see Yami now huh? Does this mean his odd ability is gaining power?

Oh yes! And the pictures! I am enjoying the interesting drawings. (Jounouchi the goat/sheep herder? Well, scape goat is a goat, not a sheep, so it would be goat herder, even if they are fluffy and cute. *lol* He would probably use a shepherd's crook or staff that most herders have if he is one... well, unless they used something different in Ancient Kemet. And I'm too lazy right now to research it to the degree I usually go through to find such information. *lol*) Well, I look forward to the next chapter. _
Szaphyr chapter 52 . 12/2/2010
Great story

I must honestly say that when I first looked at this (on the TvTropes Page) I didn't think I would actualy read this for very long but since I had time to kill and no other updated stories I gave it a try and I must say I was pleasently surprised

Seriously I'm not really a fan of either the pairing or the series I don't hate it i just never saw it as anything special... but you actually managed to make me take a second look at it

I also really like how you are developing the character. To many writer just ruin a story by rushing in just keep at it and you'll be fine

Also I must say I'm seriously impressed by the amount of research you obviously took especially with background information on Japan (as far as I can tell everythinks right but then I'm not exactly an expert) and the Injuries.

As I said I'm not realy a fan of the franchise but I still like how close to the manga you keep everything.

Honestly I'm having a hard time thinking about anything negative about it. I think I spotted a typing mistake once or twice but nothing major (can't even remember where...), grammar was never my strengh so I'm not commenting on that (looks flawless enough to me)

As alredy mentioned development of the couple is a bit couple but then everything else would just feel fake so don't change it.

Sometimes I have a bit of trouble following what's going on but that's realy just nitpicking...

So real great work just keep at it
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 52 . 12/2/2010
YAY! NEW UPDATE! And you mentioned... CHOCOLATE! *drool* Yes, precious chocolate, that which is most good, and my ally in the fight against the clowns *DIE CLOWNS!*. All hail CHOCOLATE!

Of course our dear Katsuya-kun had to get Seto-chan her choco-treats for White Day. If he didn't then... well... uhh... I dunno, mebbe Kaiba would have shot layzors from her eyeballs at him. Which would be kewl. *lawl* And I wanna play Ninja Ninja Revolution! And throw them sharp pointy thingies at people as I sneaky dance. WAHA! *toss pointy thingies* And Kaiba's dragon jet! The weird crazy jet that makes me wonder why it's designed that way since I get the feeling it wastes more fuel than saves it, unless you apply anime physics, then maybe it would work, but still, I have to argue that the design seems more wasteful than sleek and aerodynamic like aircraft are meant to be, but I guess if you're obsessed over a dragon and you have cash to burn... *ahem* Yeah, and don't forget the Blue Eyes Stadium, and Blue Eyes roller coaster, and Blue Eyes costume, and Blue Eyes under pants, and Blue Eyes toaster, and Blue Eyes submarine, and Blue Eyes eye drops and Blue Eyes pogo stick...

*Yeah I made a bunch up... or did I? WoOoOo...* I bet Kisara wishes she could kick Kaiba's ass over his weirdness. *lawl*
Cynical Gamer chapter 52 . 12/1/2010
What, was past Jou a sheep herder?

Yes, I'm back...finally. Long time no see! And thank you for not hitting me anymore.

I see being able to put a voice to each line as a positive, since it lets you see or hear in your head how you want the scene to go. I know, right?

lol, hard to choose? I hear you there. Squiggly! SQUIGGLY BAD!

Sure I can. Or I can at least try...

Lucky they don't know Seto's a girl, then. The fic is called "Happy Valentine's Day, Kaiba" and can be found at www. fanfiction s/ 2797907/ 1/ Happy_Valentines_Day_Kaiba or you could just search for it. Honestly, the two of them could really get up to a lot of stuff together.

Depends on your definition of "good", but if you mean good at being evil, then yeah.

How fortunate. I think that sets things up nicely. Oh dear...what are you going to do to Jou?

Wow, that just pretty much answered that. STOP FORESHADOWING, DARN IT!

Makes sense. You really do well in answering the questions regarding the reasons for any differences from the original series. I have to hand it to you, there. And yes, much love to the costume.

For the present, though, I have to say that you built up the previous chapters splendidly. And this V-day based chapter made me laugh. Heehee. I loved the bit at the end with Kaiba's reaction to the chocolates. "Haha...HAHAHAHAaaa...moron."
Jadej.j chapter 52 . 12/1/2010
Ya having fun typing these little canons aren't ya. Poor Jou had to get Seto-chan chocolate and then he seeing and hearing Yami...It's just going to get worse for him isn't it. :)
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 51 . 12/1/2010
AND THAT'S A WRAP! For the Virtual Arc thingie. Yeah. I'm going to miss Princess Mokuba! *cries* Too bad Kaiba didn't get to see her and have an aneurysm from the weirdness. *lawl*

I had to laff at the way our dear Jouno-kun was all like 'Mah Berfday was crazy!' and Kaiba was all like 'Meh, Berfdays are for proletariats, and I yam above dat.'. Yeah, that guy needs a party, the poor thing, and Kaiba needs to eat caek, to cheer her up from the fact that Mokuba looks like he visits bondage dungeons. Uhh... not that I'D know anything about things like that. *shifty eyez* Oh yah, and the bugs thing in this chapter are gross. EBIL BUGS! BUGS ARE ETERNAL ENEMY OF MINE! *Well, bugs and clowns. CLOWNS ARE EBIL! SLAY THEM ALL! DESTROY THE CLOWN MENACE! MUAHAHAHAHA!* Yes... KILL DEM BUGS! Smoosh them! Make them pay! DESTROY THEM AND KILL THEM ALL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I like that Kaiba and Yuugi got put in their place when Mokuba was like 'YOU TWO STFU AND WORK TOGETHER!'. That was both hilarious and appropriate for him to do that.
Death-Dimension chapter 51 . 11/30/2010
Hi it me who said this has become my no 1 favourite fic.

I like the fact that you take time to explain things at the end it has brought lots of giggles such as what you said about Kaiba having another wall to smack her head agaisnt I couldn't stop laughing.

Simply reading this I can tell you really enjoy writing even without you sayin and the story has a professional air about with the facts being explained in detail.

I don't know much about Kanji and probably never will but its still nice to get the explainations.

Another thing about the story is that I find it absolutly believeable as in the anime Kaiba NEVER gets a girlfriend so as I'm reading your story I think it the real one that should have been, it would have made the show so much more funny and heart-qlencing at the same time.

And something esle of interest I saw your doddle about noa put kaiba into a female outfit during they dual the look on everyone faces was absolutly priceless I was laughing for a good half-hour I can just imagine kaiba trying to cover herself up face completly red from embarissment I would so love to see that in your story OOOOOHHHHH I can't wait to read more
Iona chapter 51 . 11/27/2010
Wow! What a chapter! This was extremely entertaining, and I'm glad Mokuba wasn't just a passive spectator this time. (Must be that influence from Jounouchi. *lol* _)

I also enjoyed the way that Kaiba dealt with the Big 5, though I can't help but feel bad for those guys in some way. (That, and I also have to wonder if it's going to smell in that room eventually because of those guys rotting...)

Also, I'm glad you also included that last snippet of Noah once more. For some reason, I feel anxious for Jounouchi, for attracting his attention, but then again, it's probably nothing. *lol* Oh well, I'll see you next chapter. _
Jadej.j chapter 51 . 11/27/2010
Oh boy what a battle and now Seto has to growl to herself about how Yugi and Mai knows her true gender. Then of course there are the clothes that Mokuba is wearing...hehehe. Oh my :)
CrimsonLaurana chapter 11 . 11/27/2010
Awwwww. So cute! Seto-chan, eh? Is Jou tryin' ta piss 'er off? If he is, he's doin' a good job!
Iona chapter 50 . 11/24/2010
*sniffle* That was so sad! Poor Eri!

And Mokuba! Awesome ninja skills! Kaiba should be lucky that Mokuba is so awesome as to create that sort of rescue. (Plus, it goes against that awful stereotype that Mokuba is a crybaby weakling who needs to be babied. Yay!) Epic!Mokuba for the win!

The drawing was cool. _ I like comics strips, so it was a welcome change to see something so humorous and entertaining.

Oh yeah, and I'm anxious to see how things will end here. Our protagonists here are in quite the pickle, and I'm looking forward to how things shape up for them.
Jadej.j chapter 50 . 11/23/2010
Well Seto now knows Yugi knows what she is and he, Jou and Mai are in the game as well...what action and what a sad death. Let's kick big five butt...:)
Blue Lagoon Loon chapter 49 . 11/22/2010
ICE CREAM SANDIES! Now that that awkwardness-ness has been put out there, I got to say, w007 on the costume change for our dear Jouno-kun. I am super serial on that, cuz, Fred Flintstone was so 10 centuries ago for a reason. P Dry cleaning fur is expensive. *drum roll* Though the fur being there combined with a cloth thingie and helm does still remind me of things of the Conan the Barbarian persuasion.(lulz) Blame it on watching Conan the Barbarian the Musical. Oh yeah, the maid's reaction was to die for as well. And awkward, since it could have been perceived as pervy. *lawl*

Hurray for Princess Mokuba! Cross dressing runs in that family it seems. *snicker* Can't wait to see what Kaiba says about that.
Cynical Gamer chapter 49 . 11/20/2010
Um...yeah, sure. Just don't hit me again. (Hides behind Iona)

Okay, yeah, I can see how that'd be creepy. "This...is so wrong. Aren't you supposed to be twelve?" "Well, if you think about it, he's technically a teenager, hormones and all." "Shut UP, I don't even want to think about it!" "Oh my GOD, Kaiba's actually hot!" "Just make sure she doesn't hear you say that..." Um...*cough* yeah...lets not.

Heh, I can't wait.

I kinda do, actually. I think it'll help me prepare for the worst...

Well, of COURSE Kaiba has fangirls. Luckily, she's able to ignore them. The guys though...she'd be hounded with crappy pickup lines everywhere she goes.

That she does. I remember a fic where Jou and Kaiba (male Kaiba) hatched a plot together to take advantage of the fangirls' infatuation with Kaiba during Valentine's Day. It was quite funny, and showed a strange partnership between them that we otherwise never get to see. A shame, really, because I bet those two could come up with some EVIL plans if they worked together. Heh, yeah.

Well, that explains how he got the glove, but you'd still think someone would notice he's not supposed to be there. And, y'know, NOT go "oh, okay then" just because his friend gives him a star chip. Maybe.

I'll bet. Though you are evil for making us wait so long on that. You do update regularly, though, so that makes it at least a bit bearable. You're still evil, though.

So is this one. I foresee nightmares in his future. I know, that part really sucked. And she was almost there, too! D: Well, that makes more sense for them to enter the world, at least.

I figured as much. But what does it mean? Are we gonna see a mind slave Jou again? Or is there more to it-wait, it's you, so of course there will be...but what? Torture? Blackmail? What? D: Darn you and your foreshadowing!

So it looks like we're reaching that point in the Legendary Heroes arc. Fun times. And I greatly appreciate your change to Jou's costume. It was like "Thank GOD!" But will there be any consequences of Jou's reveal of Kaiba's gender in the game? Hmm...I guess we'll see...
Iona chapter 49 . 11/19/2010
No! Mokuba! Why does he always have to sacrifice himself for his Nii-sama(Nee-sama)? Then again, it makes him that much more likable and awesome and totally not annoying, compared to other kids his age in other anime. Though even in Yugi-Oh, I have to admit, there are some kids who are pretty annoying to compare him to. *sideways glance at Rebecca Hopkins.* Then again, no one can resist Epic!Mokuba. I can't wait to see what sort of awesome Nee-sama saving moves he'll do. *grins* _

I totally understand what you mean about girls in general being a lot cattier with their insults compared to guys. (Middle School was tough, but High School was ok for me, since I never had any problems. People like me, what can I say? _)

And I am happy that you're also incorporating such an interesting back story to Mai. She's one of my favorite characters, so I am happy to see her get her chance in the spotlight in such a positive way. Well, I suppose I've said enough. *lol* I look forward to your next update.
960 | « Prev Page 1 .. 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 .. Last Next »