Reviews for Beautiful When You Don't Try
Brooklyn chapter 111 . 7/15
Brandi -

After reading BWYDT a million and one times, falling in love time and time again with your writing, I had to leave you a note. When we first started to exchange emails, I was 16 years old. I shared with you my coming out story and how your story saved me. I want you to know that I am 21 years old now. I am proud, and happy, and grateful. Always so grateful because you helped a teenage girl stay alive when all she wanted was to never breathe again.

I know from the last time we spoke, you were going through treatments for your cancer. I sincerely hope the reason you haven't been here in ages is because you are in the process of having this story published as a book. I can't bear to think of the horrible scenarios that /could/ have happened. I came here to tell you that you still have fans. You wrote a phenomenon. You inspired all of us.

Now, I'm off to class. NYU Tisch waits for no one. I credit you to a big reason I am able to get up on that stage every night. Thank you for everything.
ttandme69 chapter 111 . 6/23
Hey...I just reread the whole story and enjoyed it as I had to catch up to where I was before. Can you send me your blog address so I can continue with this story? Thanks, Lisa
hazelletallulah chapter 111 . 4/2
Hello!
If you are still reading the reviews on your stories... well here's my opinion on this.
As I started reading BWYDT I was about 13 years old and almost unable to understand the language you were writing in because I was only in my 4th year of English at school. Your story not only taught me how to understand the language I have been loving ever since I started speaking it, it also taught me a lot about feelings and deepness. I would have never thought about the things you wrote in your story, for example I used to hate horror films but now I absolutely love them because you wrote that fear is a emotion we should like feeling (well that is how I understood it for me). Also the quote 'What words miss' became my favourite one. I honestly think of getting a tattoo with this only because it has a wonderful explanation. I love your story and I felt like telling you this right here even though you're probably not gonna read it. I am reading it the second time right now and probably there will be a third and a fourth time.
EterniteProfonde chapter 49 . 3/11
I was watching a movie earlier tonight, and I kept coming back to your small analogy about horror movies, and how fear as an emotion, isn't one that we find on an everyday basis and thus seek it in make-beliefs. I know it's chapters back, but I am mentioning it now, since obviously this is as far as I've reached in your so very astutely verbalized story. This has been a really enjoyable read, on the metro, in waiting rooms, between classes, up at night when I can't sleep, and very much an enjoyable distraction when I'm trying not to work on my thesis. So thank you for taking the time to enjoy writing it.
GleekTanna chapter 1 . 3/11
So, I have just finished reading this story for the second time and realized I've never left a review for it and what a sin this is.
I don't know if you still read your reviews or login to this site but still, I want to do this. I read your notes on the sequel (which sincerely, I have never started to read, because I know I'll suffer with the fact that it may never be complete) and I hope you're doing fine. I hope you're better and I hope you're in a good place with your life right now. I hope and I KNOW you are, because such a talented person cannot not be.
Now on with the review, well, the thing is I don't have much to say, I guess this is one of the moments where words miss, because seriously, I can't think of anything right now that could express my feelings towards this story. It's so simple yet so complex. It gave me only good things, it gave me hope, faith, happiness.
It gave me CCR. I MEAN HOW COME I KNEW THEIR SONGS BUT DIDN'T ACTUALLY KNEW THEM AND I QNFIHFIQRIQJQIFQIUQIHQIFHQR.
It gave me the final decision on my tatoo (which I didn't make yet but will).
Your choice of words for Quinn's character have often let me on edge. I've learned a lot.
I don't want to drag because I really don't feel like I could ever make justice.
I love this story, love, love, love.
And you...geez, I'd like to now you and spend like a day with you, doing things and talking and getting to know you and be friends with you, like seriously you have an amazing mind, who wouldn't want to be your friend? Keep rocking it, girl! I hope everything works out for you. ;)
gleesi chapter 1 . 3/6
This is the BEST. Really. Have you thought about making it into an ebook?
Lord Ezra'eil chapter 111 . 3/5
I've been meaning to ask, is the whole Quinn Photography thing based off of I Am Number Four? First time I've reviewed this story but I've read it a good 2-3 times I fucking love it.
MrGrecka chapter 1 . 2/16
the best Fic :3
u r awesome chapter 110 . 1/24
Lovely story. Very long and extremely enjoyable! One of the best ideas out there and wonderfully crafted. Thanks so much for sharing!

u r awesome
EllieMoon chapter 60 . 1/18
This made me realize that six girls who have been Glee club have all been with Puck in some way or another. That is a bit gross.
Loopy23Lou chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
I just thought I'd let you know that this is the best fanfiction I have ever read! My favourite by far! It was amazingly written! I loved it that much that I have a heart tattoo on my forearm with the words 'what words miss' inside. Thank you for the amazing story :)
Guest chapter 20 . 12/20/2014
What is with you blaming Quinn for most things? If Santana wanted Quinn, she could of found her number. 411 ring a bell?! It's a two way street. Santana is responsible too. Your scapegoat Quinn is getting old. You're obviously bias. Done with your story.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/20/2014
Lol! Who the hell cares what Shelby wants?! She can shit in one hand and want in the other. Quinn owes her nothing.
kutee chapter 111 . 12/18/2014
I have had fun time re reading this story. I only hope that one day you can come back. I also hope the you are in better health. TTFN
Guest chapter 111 . 12/7/2014
WOW! You are May hero just amazing writer, I cry a lot to read, this and also lauping out loud, it's really touched my mind after Rachel tell Quinn let me in, bc quinn don't let anybody on her mind to discus what on her mind, but her Rachel asking her to let her in on Quinn mind about her Dad, I'm still reading I'm only on page 85 but Thank you I'm love it, Again Thanks for this amazing story
3,761 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »