Reviews for Stages
TexasAvery chapter 1 . 5/29/2016
This is a very good story! Here I was, idly wondering at Ranma's reason for being so sore and refusing to stay at the Tendo household anymore, not even realizing that I was mentally heaving this sigh like, "oh here it comes, that line that reads 'it had been two weeks since the disastrous wedding attempt'," but I was pleasantly surprised that you wanted to keep your readers in the dark about what happened to him until about midway through the story. And even though the catalyst for all of this soul-searching was admittedly pretty dark and tragic, as you say in your author's notes, the appeal of throwing Ranma (and Akane) into situations like these is watching how they react, because it's so out of their super-silly element. I like your pacing and writing style a lot. Thank you for sharing your imagination!
thelittlepandag chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
This was really nice despite the bit of sadness in it.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
this broke my heart... and fixed it again

Thank you for allowing Ranma to love his old man.
Anna07 chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
ahh ive read this story a dozen times and its still...so awesome! i love the story, and i might go as far as saying it one of my most favorites on fanfiction! :D
DevilTito chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Amazing! This was very well written and I felt like I was in the middle of everything the whole time! Very well done :)
The Imaginary Man chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
This story was very entertaining and very well written. I would liked to have learned what was said at the Tendo house before Ranma left. I am not usually one for the more serious stories like this but the characters were so in character that it felt like I was reading a novelized adaption of the manga. Keep up the good work. I'm sure I'll be seeing what else you have written and look forward to your next work.
DipuC chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I am thankful to you for going out on a limb here and writing this. Death is one of the hardest things to pen, yet you have done an excellent job. Great work.

You did fantastically well in keeping both Ranma and Akane in character, even while facing a never before witnessed situation.

Love Akane's part, because i feel that is exactly what she would do and Ranma's reaction were spot on.

All in all, great find, great write.

~~DipuC'

P.S. to keep it simple, Verbose good.
Gabbykun555 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
...*Sniff*...Pops...:'(

Great job. This story was well written and detailed. Besides, the main point being concealed for a bit too long, it was fun to read.

You know what's really weird? I had a dream about this plot once. It's events were similar to this story, with Genma dying unexpectedly, Ranma blaming himself and leaving the Tendo home, thinking he no longer had a place there, and Akane retrieving him. Kinda scary. I was even thinking about using the idea for a fic, but uh...i see you beat me to it. :)

Anyway, great job. I was satisfied with the ending. But just one question: It seemed as if Ranma took his father's death abit too lightly. How come?
krizue chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
it is definitely a different setting than the average ranma fic, and I like it.

I really enjoyed your story
John Bone chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
wow i genuinely enjoyed this i love the way it's written seeing as im the kind of person who likes to figure out what a story is centered around though implications and small phrases it just makes me wanna keep reading xD
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
That was GREAT! I mean, it sucks for Ranma, but still...

Anyhow, strong writing, good storyline, A little WAFFy and OOC near the end, but I think that with such a difficult event it's understandable(Not to mention that solely by the fact that this is fanfiction, and therefore by definition OOC...).

You managed to get a strong emotional response out of me in significantly fewer words than I was expecting. I almost cried. I have yet to find a fanfic that has done that for me, so I can only say that this has achieved the highest point of any other I have read- and I've read quite a few by this point.

Oh, and for the record, I love words like 'verbose'. If you asked my wife to describe me in a single word, that'd be the one.
fersinaratia chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I cried quite hard upon reading this, really. Especially when Ranma dared Akane to "make it all better". That's when the tears fell.

It's amazing how you have shifted from a very dark tone to a satisfyingly lighter one at the end. I love how you're able to make Akane fulfill her role as a kind of light to Ranma's path. It was done realistically.

However, as I have read one of the reviewers say, it was a little too convenient for Akane to have said the same thing to her mother as Ranma had to his father before both their parents' death. Perhaps, it would make it more real if Akane hadn't done that and you have figured out another way for her to go about comforting Ranma.

But then again, perhaps they're just soulmates like that wherein they act the same and tend to say the same things in similar situations. Perhaps that what makes them more fitted to each other. So Akane having faced a situation that's too similar with Ranma's didn't really make too much of a negative impact on the story, in my opinion.

Thank you for working on and sharing this! It was a gripping story to read, especially with your wonderful dialogue. Keep it up! :)
Katt1848 chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
great story!
Angela Jewell chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This was wonderfully, beautifully sad, and very well written. In the end, I was touched, so whatever you did, I felt it worked. Great job. _
ann chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I really liked this story. All your stories are so well written and enjoyable. :)