Reviews for Stay Awake With Me
TheOneWhoWasLost chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
thank you. thank you for this wonderful stories. i do hope you continue your writing. and i am glad to say. this story managed to make me cry. i dont cry often enough (my mom says that why my eye are getting problems -_-) this is the second story to make me cry and i love it. second in my whole life so far. thank you for this work for explanation. it was truly awesome to read :')
Mistress of Madness chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
That was...

just, downright tragic and sad that I'm actually crying.

This should be able to bring me down to earth.

Yeah,it should

Thanks SamJaz
SeigZeon chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
this is so great love it :D
Liberius chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
...I have no words. I can stare at this for hours, but I don't know where to start or how to describe what I'm feeling now. Still, I just think you need to know someone's listening. Thank You.
IrishNinja456 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
This was an awesome story SamJazz. I love how even as a tyke, Minato was still a badass. I've never experienced the loss of a love one that that extent, but I think that you managed to capture it excellently, along with getting into the mindset of a young child dealing with the issues that he is given. Keep up the good work lad.
FrizFr0z chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
This is probably the best thing you have written so far, imo. Hell, this might possibly be one of the best things I've read on this site. It made me take you much more seriously than your other stories/crossovers. Most of them are crazy, and lighthearted, and...crazy (sometimes mindfuckingly so, heh). And blessed with a touch of brilliance that is creativity. I don't know where you get your inspirations from, but each story that I've read from you oozes with originality. Yet occasionally I do the injustice of scanning your lines rather than reading word for word. But I just HAD to make myself go over this one-shot three times to absorb everything.

This piece is beautiful. The idea and language is breathtakingly simple, yet the story is complex. Maybe "disturbing" could be used besides "tragic" when describing this piece. One of the things I loved was how Aki asked Minato if losing his parents hurt, and Minato said that Natalie cried for the both of them. Then she dies, causing Minato to unknowingly break his promise of taking care of her to Aki. And so there is no one left to help him shed his tears, and he looks into the mirror and only sees emptiness within; and can only wonder if he was really a monster.

How can an 8 year old understand the basics of psychology and deduction, though? But I see these lessons carrying over into Fairly English. Haha

The flow of the essay is brilliant. With each passing day "in month of March in the first year of the new millennium" I feel sadder and sadder for Minato. While your Lelouch/Pokemon crossover was uh, mindfuckingly insane, this is... mindfuckingly miserable. Mindfucking in that you break him down one day only to break him further the very next. The worst part of it is that he is 8 years old. The simplicity of the words used drives this fact home. I realized that although most of the prose in still in childlike sentence fragments, it actually sounds more "kiddy" in the first half than the second. Is it because he forcibly matures as the events of the next few days transpires?

I thought the best part is the imagery of Minato standing in a rain of blood singing happy birthday to himself. I can't help it, it keeps playing in my head. I can't believe a birthday song could feel so empty. Fuck it. Good job. Heh.

I saw something in this piece which also reflected off your revamp of Fairly English. Though you did add more jokes into it, it seemed a lot more... sobered up compared to when it first came out. The style almost completely changed, even if the content did not. While your writing style has matured, bringing that into the revamp could be a good thing AND a bad thing. Language errors have been reduced, but why Fairly English appealed to me was because it skipped along the lines of "happily insane". How do I explain this?- ok the first version made me go HAHAHA *roll on floor laughing* while now I go HAHAhuh? *with the small undertones of being serious*.

Just let yourself go. Wild. On those lighthearted crazy ones. And keep the thought-provoking, heart-wrenching tearjerkers to essays like these. And write more of the latter. I'll be waiting :)

Just my 2 cents!
Astrih Konnash chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Great fic, altough its a LOT depressive.

Ive got my lot of tragedy; since july 2009 I lost my mother, my grandmother and an uncle - I do NOT wish this to anyone.. so I can say your fic touched me.

*deep respectful bow*
Deep Space Cowgirl chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
...that was one of the most depressing things I've ever read... Congradulations. Very good, but damn... depressing.
Patcheresu chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I just saw Invisible Children and I must say that this story set the mood the same way Tony's story did. A boy who lectures his friends and fellow orphans that if you cry, and the rebels find you and ask you why you cry, and they think you are homesick, they think the best solution is to off you. And they do. Oh, and deep down, Tony's suicidal. All of this because some damn anarchist decided to utilize children whose parents they slaughtered for their own gain as child weapons. Oh and you messed up on the millennium. A little African boy smiling a sad smile, telling some American documetators that if they have any means to kill him, do it NOW. Because he wants to know if he can be with his brother again in Heaven. And then, after lecturing them on the rebels, he breaks down crying for a LONG time.

Because there is no 0 A.D. then January 1, 2001 is the turn of the millenium.

Nice work, EM, you've pulled out another good story.
TFS chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
That was seriously amazing, man. Really, one of the more well wrote things i've seen. So I was thinking, are you going to do a story of the rest of his English life? It could be awesome, all considered.
Heraklinios chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
"Monster? He's no monster. He's just human.

Humans feel always pain like that... unfair, but shit always happens.

But this...

This is no shit.

This is f**king tragedy. Good god that is not YHVH, he really had problems!

I see the reason why is he so unfettered about all."

"DAMN. HE PASSED THROUGH SOME SHIT THERE."

"Glid, this is no time for jokes."

"WHAT? I'M JUST SAYING THE TRUTH."

"Tsk. Heartless freak."

"AWW...YOU FLATTER ME."

"*sigh* Anyways...nice tale Emperor. And nice use of the Epileptic Trees about the Kuzunoha family. But still...too sad."

"...AND LESS BLOODY. COME ON, WHERE'S MY BLOOD?"

"*groan* You're no vampire. Just shut up for now."

"HEY, THIS JUST OPENS MANY POSSIBILITIES."

"...Like what?"

"THE EMPEROR JUST CREATED A SMALL SPACE FOR CROSSOVER RIGHT HERE, AFTER HE REACHES ENGLAND."

"Don't you dare...!"

"HEHE...WHO KNOWS...WHO KNOWS."

"...I really have a bad feeling about this..."
corynv chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I think this here is easily the best thing you have ever writen.
TenshiReike chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
gets easier because you established his thought and emotional pattern early on and knew what to expect later.

Anyways great work It drew me in and didn't let go. I forced myself not to go to the bathroom just to finish it lol
Slicerness chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
wow... that was depressing. i can now completely understand why he reacted the way he did to finding his grandfather and natalie alive.
Have a Little Feith chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I must say, you did a good job. I'd love to see some sidestories from Arisoja(c?)k. I'm wondering what the Lilims would look like as a Neo Jack/Lilim. Or even the Angels. What would they look like?