Reviews for Burning Bridges
HEY chapter 2 . 10/10/2012
Hey! (truly excellent writing) But no fair! Yu said PC! Phantom and hristine! WHY DID THAT STUPID RAUL WIN?!
CourtneyRBowman chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
Tragic and great! Which I guess you're right... If Christine had stayed with Erik I wouldn't be right here, right now reading this LOL... Anyhoosss great job! 5 stars ]
kookookarli chapter 2 . 10/19/2010
that was amazing! and i can see what you mean about her not being able to be with phantom adding to the greatness and tragicness, thought i think to add something yet still stay with the story would be for her to kiss phantom one last time and whisper i lover you or something along those lines, more sappyish i guess...well anyways great story
writable chapter 2 . 9/26/2010
Wow, I thought this was amazing. The entire Don Juan/Down Once More sequence is my absolute favorite part of the play/film, and I thought you did an incredible job rewriting it, if you will.

I think you capture Christine's emotions, and the Phantom's and even Raoul's emotions PERFECTLY, as they are in the story exactly what I would've imagined them to be.

I think everyone blames Chrisine a little bit for her decision (ME, CERTAINLY), and you did a great job of giving reason behind it.

Not to mention, just in general, you're a great writer, and your piece flows very well. I think this is actually the best piece of TPOTO fanfiction that I've ever read, and I've read a pretty unhealthy amount. ;)
Forlorn Rain chapter 2 . 9/20/2010
Wow, I think you did the ending justice for sure... so beautifully written.

I love the creative license you took, I think it fit the story very well. And I'm glad you didn't write all their words as song. I liked the dialogue replacement. It gave this chapter more of a story feeling. It did not feel like a "musical to narrative," which is a good thing, since you are writing a story, not a musical here. This stands on its own as a wonderful piece of work and pays great respect to the actual musical :D

I also found the interactions between Christine and the Phantom a good explanation for what went on in the movie. There is so much that is unexplained, and judging by the dialogue and expressions in the movie, I really think your interpretation of the underlying meanings really fit.

I also found the transitions smooth, even with Christine's slight wavering of feelings, and the Phantom's temperament ;) You did a great job of capturing the mood as well. Like in the last chapter (where I caught the same sense of sexual tension as I did from the movie), this chapter caught the feeling of deep sadness, regret and longing that the movie emulates in that scene :)

I know I talk a lot about feelings and junk, but when I read a story, that's really what gets my attention.
Fumm95 chapter 2 . 9/12/2010
*cries* Because that's what I do every time I see/listen to this part. It's so sad.

I like how you addressed her indecision. Rather than her just turning her back on the Phantom, it's her, not knowing that he had another method of escape and figuring that to make him happy, she will live her life while he cannot. It seems much more compassionate. And it better shows how the Phantom would fall in love with her. I always found it odd that he fell in love with someone who proved to be so shallow. In this version, she's not, and I love that.

So many possible endings. I'm glad you stuck with the events of the movie, however, though you gave them a delightful twist of indecision. You are right that having Christine leave him is what makes the story so lovely and tragic.

Wonderful story! This definitely managed to improve my opinion of Christine and helped me love the Phantom more than ever. :)
Forlorn Rain chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
This was amazing! Loved it.

I can tell a lot of thought shaped this, and the time you spent on revisions really made this beautiful portrayal of the Past the Point of no return scene come to life.

The flow was perfect; the transitions were well-written and I felt like I was reading poetry by your descriptions.

I also think you did a lovely job portraying what you thought Christine was thinking and explaining the "whys" and the reasons behind them. And I think it fits with the movie.

I especially liked this line:

"My crime of loving two different men kept my eyes averted, but the small, flickering flames wavered back and forth in the corner of my eye, an ever present reminder of the night ahead of me."

This sentence really reminded me of the past the point of no return scene in the movie (you can tell Christine is battling herself inwardly). It makes me want to go watch the film again, and try and catch what you saw.

Another thing that made me happy was to see that your story possessed the same feeling of sexual tension that I felt the movie had (you had my heart pounding)! I really love Phantom of the Opera and your story did it justice :D

...Is there a chance you will be writing more to this in the future? ;)

I am glad to have read this; it really inspires me to do my best in my own works.
PhanforLife chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Wow, this is such a great story! Excellent detail, I love how you described the characters and emotions. I can't wait for more! :)
Fumm95 chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Awww... You know, I was going to start crying when the Phantom started singing the part that was a repeat from All I Ask of You. I do nearly every time I hear it. And I deeply enjoyed seeing the glimpses into Christine's head. It's very different from the movie, when all you can have is the expression on their faces, the tone of their voices. Somehow, it's even more beautiful in writing.

A wonderful wonderful beginning. The characters are beautifully written, even if it's only from one perspective. And honestly, I don't mind if it's biased PxC. I believe most of the phandom ships that. I'm curious as to whether you will deviate the ending from the one in the movie, but I'll be patient and just wait and see.

Anyway, like I said earlier, wonderful chapter and I can't wait to see what will happen next!