Reviews for The Tomato Plant Doesn't Grow Mangos
Goldenseal chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
Loved the outsiders view on our weecesters.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
I don't actually have words or how much I love this fic. ...It's actually perfect!
paranoid-mandroid chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
This is amazing :) I do love my Weechesters and he way you portray them here is amazing
sugarless5 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
I loved this one! Super in character and I enjoyed seeing them from an outside perspective!
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I got chills at the part with the newspaper! This was beautiful. I really, really enjoyed it. You have left me speechless - I just don't know what else to say! So, um... :)
Little Creek chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
I loved this!
Keiou chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Oh wow!
I really inhaled this story. I don't know where to start...
At first I loved your main character. She was so nice and it didn't took long for me to like her. With her own personality and thoughts and the way she sees the word and of course Sam and Dean.
All the details you mentioned made the story incredibly real and for some reason it felt different than other stories because of that. I thought while reading that I would ask myself the same things or act like that. Not like the typical movie characters but more realistic and more...like a normal person I guess xD
And you managed to put unusual facts to your descriptions like her feeling silly about putting her shoes on while going to bed. Or telling herself that everything must be a dream or she simply overreacted the night before when it's the next morning and everything isn't mixed up anymore.
I think that showed how unusual and odd Sam and Dean really behave and how they don't fit in the normal world. When reading from their point of view everything they do seems normal and I'm not automatically questioning it. But you managed to point out so many things I'm really amazed.
I hope you now what I'm trying to say. Well...
For example Sam practicing to pick a lock while Dean stopping the time or how Sam getting afraid of CPS but not of monsters and so on. Great job!

Speaking of that monster...ugh! That one was really creepy. I believe you that there is a folklore about it but I'm to afraid to check online for more informations- 'cause this one is really interesting! Manananggal...I couln't even manage to spell that name in my thoughs xD When I read on it was everytime a mess off "mananana" that ended with an "al", lol.
I have a thing for creepy monsters appearing on the other side of windows...especially higher than the first floor. My next night will be short, haha.

And your Sam and Dean where so great as well! I can't complain about one thing in your story. I love it!
Sam with 9 and Dean with 13 and later 14 is just it! Really interesting to watch Dean acting to a stranger from that point of view. That is exactly like I'm imagining him. And Sam too! Polite and curious and happy and aww...I loved watching them both. And I was curious the whole time about what they'll be doing the next time showing up. Like making a race up and down the stairs or picking locks or hiding from CPS.
I could praise everything about the brothers here right now. They were awesome in this story. But I can't find more words to describe.

So...thank you very much for this nice fanfic, you've done an amazing job :)
I hope there are not too many mistakes in this review. (The more I write, the creepier my English becomes xD)

Greetz, Teiou :D
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Oh my word, I absolutely love this one. The mood you set up was so great and Ligaya was a really well developed and interesting character. It was really fun to see that the intended victim was actually the one who knew what was after her, for once. And the way she became friends with Sam... and fended off CPS... and the whole action sequence in the subway. It was great. Such a fun story. And I loved the epilogue too, where she saw them all grown up and still doing their thing. Awesome.
OnlyMostlyHarmless chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
This is such a fantastic story! The level of detail in it is amazing and Sam's and Dean's voices are spot on. Also, I think that Ligaya is one of the best OCs I've read in a long time and reading this from her point of view really lent a lot to the story.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
I really enjoyed this -it was so unusual to have the boys' adventure in an urban setting, and the Philippino neighbor was a great OC. Awesome portrayal of very competent young Dean and Sam!
Silvermoon of Forestclan chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
It was a nice, positive ending.
bluecharlotte chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Oh my god. I loved this SO much. It was fantastic the way you integrated her family and heritage along with the little remembrances of the Winchesters. I love your writing style, and her seeing them years later was also awesome and bittersweet. Fantastic job!
Autumnights chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Excellent story! I'm very happy to have found it.
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Another amazing story. Outsider POVs are so much fun to read because, if they're done well, they really capture both the mystery and the human aspect of the boys. And your stories definitely do that. But they're made even more amazing by the vividness of your narrators-Ligaya is awesome, and I loved that she sort of joined in the hunt. Both she and Eli just have so much life in them, and that made me really care about what happened to them post-Winchester.

Also, the revelation that the boys were doing their dad's supervising job-I completely understand why, but it's also really heartbreaking to think about for some reason.
pinklatent chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Just so you know, I'm Filipino, and reading about our own local folklore in a Supernatural fanfiction really made my day.

And of course Ligaya is a nurse. Who isn't a nurse these days? Horay for stereotypes!

And the Filipino phrases you inserted are hilarious, especially about the landlord. *snickers*