Reviews for Impossible Situations
FriendofUST chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
TY for this. MJ made me feel that Gale got betrayed so badly, got used as a character, used by Collins, without ever getting a real voice or becoming a fully fleshed person, that things like this are sorely needed.
Nisa Cullen chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
What an amazing tale!

This was my first time ever reading Hunger Games fic and you set the bar high. I was upset by the treating of Gale in Mockingjay that their relationship did not reach absolution but your story told from his point of view was so gripping that i can come to understand better her final choice.

Gales plethora of emotions from unrequited and never voiced love all the way to his realization that "his Katiness" is gone was just beautiful.

Beautiful story thank you for writing!
Dawnstar08 chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
That was great! I was thinking of doing a similar type of fic but I wasn't patient enough, and your story puts any of my future works to shame! The one thing that you got wrong is that Clove and Cato were from District /Two/, not One. Beside that small mistake, I /loved/ it!
RandyCh chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
YEY! Gale POV! finally! :D:D:D:D:D... I really loved how you did it... specially the interactions with Peeta's Dad... I do hope you wont give up on this POV? maybe a little something something on when they announced the baby? :D:D:D But I always rooted for Peeta... I liked the star-crossed lovers bit... maybe if the series was not YA she could have gone the polyamory route... LOL...

Although now that I'm really thinking abut it... one of my favorite book series is by a spanish woman called Laura Gallego and she wrote Memorias de IdhĂșn... where, even though it's a young adults read, she made a trio kinda like P/K/G work out... Ok... I'm done with the waisting of your time... LOL...
yogacat chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
desperately seeking HG fic...I found this after reading MJ.

I so wanted to be "team Gale" I had an image of him in my head and I just couldn't grasp Peeta. After Gale went to the dark side, I was sad, but this gave him back to me. Maybe you could write some more...about some of the decisions he made at the end. Just a thought.

shescardinal chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Dead.

"Maybe, like Prim, the odds won't be in their favor and they'll be called to the Hunger Games.

That thought haunts me."

Haunting. So good, and Gale's POV so well done and believable. Loved it.
Feisty Y. Beden chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
This was glorious. Thank you.
gojeannie chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
You have done the impossible. You have turned this (me) hard-headed Team Peeta person into a Gale sympathizer. *sigh* I was choked up several times while reading your story and I was so moved by how well you wrote Gale's perspective. When I first saw that LolaShoes had rec'd your story I was a little reluctant to read it because, like I said, I was 100% TP (haha) but I trust Lola and by golly, she was right, YOU ARE BRILLIANT. I shall never doubt again. I really hope you consider writing Gale's perspective for the other two books as well. :) Thank you for doing this, I've always felt that Gale deserved so much more attention than he was given in the books and you have done that for him. *going back now to read your other fics*
sweetp-1 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
God I dont even know where to start with this. I'm having one of those incoherent review moments where nothing I can write will compare. I was moved to tears so many times during this. I read all 3 books this week and just finished MJ last night, the end has me feeling delated, empty and mostly just angry at the way Gale was sideswiped. Your story fills that hole - to see what he saw, to know Katniss through his eyes, you broke my heart and my stomach churned as I relived K's horror in the arena. You absolutely nailed Gale here IMO, captured the "more" that he felt for her, the agony of watching her fight for her life and the jealousy at seeing her "perform" with Peeta. Guh. I'm in awe. Your writing was absolutely exquisite.

"My Katniss died in that arena, if she ever existed at all outside of my own heart." *sobs*

Im going to go check out your other HG fics now. Would you consider writing some more GPOV, I want to know what was going through his head in MJ.

Thansk for sharing. This was masterful.
Ana Fluttersby chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I think you understand Gale perfectly...

Fantastic oneshot... thanks
stamper55555 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Wow. That was amazing. You should definitely think about doing that with the other two books.
HeyHedy chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Again, you render me speechless. This is absolutely amazing! As I read HG, there was a little part of my mind that would think about Gale from time to time & wonder what he was doing/seeing/feeling. Your GPOV is exactly what I was hoping for! I'm a huge fan of the underdog & have been rooting for a Gale/Katniss love story to emerge (I haven't read CF or MJ yet, so my fingers are still crossed!) I loved your nicknames for Claudius & how you ended the story too with him avoiding his heart being crushed even more if he'd seen that interview. Thanks for sharing this with us & happiest birthday to Lola! :)

-Hedy
SubtlePen chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
hey you - channeling s collins now? fucking EPIC - just speechless here. perfectly and absolutely canon, and it makes the other 2 books even more heartbreaking if that;s even possible.

i've been team gale from day one, and MJ didnt change that. this just solidifies it.
blueXsun chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
wow! just loved this. so much in there that i wondered about and so much that i never even thought of and it just fills in all kinds gaps.

i loved the connection between gale and peeta's dad. i loved how greasy sae looked out for gale and the interactions with darius.

gale overhearing the convo between his bother & sister with the "i'm going to marry katniss" and the "you can't silly. she's going to marry peeta" and the realizations gale has about what that means is heartbreaking. you can't help but feel bad for the guy.

thanks so much for writing! really loved this!
my hubby is no edward chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Wow. This was crushing, but felt like it was pulled directly from the series. Poor Gale. Wonderful job, thanks for sharing.
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »