Reviews for Vignettes in blue
Tonnerre chapter 2 . 7/16/2013
Ouch, that last line hurt.
Sundowhn chapter 3 . 9/6/2012
I like how you address his nails. I've seen them drawn as paired down, and as appearing more like claws, and I like your explanation. Logan's reaction was classic, as well. :)
Sundowhn chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I love this so much. It's amazing how you captured the early Kitty reaction to Kurt, and his sensitivity to it.
Marg Hammerman chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh GAWD... I really remember reading this chapter the first time, many months ago. I really should have reviewed it then and I'm so so sorry I didn't, because it's fantastic. Re-reading this I can definitely see how much the absolute heartache you invoke here inspired me in the Kitty/Kurt fics I wrote afterwards (hopefully in a flattering and not in a steal-y way). I love the play of gazes here, with Kitty watching, and Kurt's awareness of her watching-it's really well done. You do such a good job of making Kitty still very sympathetic here, too, despite her prejudice toward Kurt's appearance. It's very believable, her sense of knowing her feelings are wrong, but without any real ability to do better, lacking the context to truly understand someone who looks so very different (or so very nearly "inhuman"). I love especially her discomfort at the incongruity of his appearance (her sense that it might actually be "easier" to accept him if he acted like an animal, rather than a person). Really, this chapter makes me miss their friendship even more than I already do (which is a mighty feat given how much I already miss them). World weary sigh...
XxrockyxX chapter 3 . 7/24/2011
These are all really interesting and unique stories. I really hope you write more chapters!
Karl5 chapter 3 . 6/12/2011
This is, what shall I say? - Incredibly touching. Imagining Kurt trimming not just his nails but the flesh of his fingers and toes, in order to look more normal. You've done both his and Logan's responses very well. Kurt would indeed be angry and sensitive to someone discovering what he does, while Logan would be concerned and confused over it.

I just have one question. I can understand how he would need something much more heavy duty than the usual nail clippers, but why does he need to trim the flesh also? Wouldn't he end up with so much scar tissue built up that he'd virtually lose the sensation in his fingers/toes?

However, it does make for an excellent explanation for the way Kurt's hands and feet do often seem to appear with claws when drawn by one artist, and with more ordinary nails when drawn by another artist, often changing rather abruptly from one to the other.
Toasterman chapter 3 . 1/10/2011
Why, Marvel? WHY! WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE!

And for that silly Hope girl, no less...

Anyway, I liked the new chapter a lot, even though you made Logan's speech old school. I especially liked the amount of havoc his body unleashed on Kurt's bathroom.

I really like these shorts, and every one of them is adds something to Wagner's character. Great job.
Salty Lightning chapter 3 . 12/15/2010
Excellent writing, one of the best I've read

Keep up the good work.
BamfIsAwesome chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
A masterpiece! A true masterpiece! Humour, friendship, angst and insight... beautiful!

Oh Kurt... there's always something! Always something they go to unnecessary pains for, only for the matter of their own insecurity...

And Logan! Good God I love their friendship, and I am so glad you put it in here. You've really got great insight into Logan's personality and perspective, and I'd say you handled my second fav X-Man pretty well. Unfortunately, he didn't handle the situation with the same finesse ; But damn, I do love the awkward guys. Seriously, every favourite character of mine in anything is male with a certain oddness and/or awkwardness to them.

Oh dear, Kurt's poor bathroom! *chuckle* I love how the prospect of beer can make everything better, and the head-start at the end! I would have thought, considering the circumstances, he didn't stand a chance! The circumstances being that Elf's a teleporter ;)

Keep it up!

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Bamf
pointyearsrule chapter 2 . 11/19/2010
Awwww 3, i really enjoyed the simplicity of this story and it's execution. Bravo. Keep the Kurt fluff coming!
helios4thesun chapter 2 . 10/31/2010
Loved the writing, loved the story, and i especially loved the characters. Keep up the great writing!

Helios,
Toasterman chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
I enjoyed both of the chapters a lot. I love Kurt Wagner more than any other X-Man, mainly because of the unique way he relates to the rest of the team. I love the way you are showcasing those relationships and I can't wait to read more.
BamfIsAwesome chapter 2 . 9/19/2010
Woah.

Like, WOAH.

The whole thing was interesting and quite sweet, with Kurt fumbling about over his wording and stuff. It's also slightly tragic, if I'm honest. And that last line... that's unbelievably powerful, you know? That could apply to all sorts of situations Kurt gets involved in... that holds some serious weight. I'm gonna stop rambling now :)

Well, I really like it. Keep it up!

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Bamf
talk-ape chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
awwww poor Kurt so cut but sad all the tail wrapping and feet curling more awkward moments please!
Best Things in Life chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wow, this is fantastic. I really like how you portray Kitty's thoughts. This story is seemingly simple but actually really complex (if that makes any sense!).