Reviews for The Battle Mage of Hogwarts: Year 1
Eltyr chapter 11 . 7/13
Not bad for your first go at a Harry Potter fic :) But I really must confess, having Ron be a major git is souring it for me. Still, it's your fic. Now, onto the next one!
Eltyr chapter 10 . 7/13
Ah, so THAT's how you got around not having Ron go with them. Interesting alternative to the giant Wizard's Chess match... although I think I still prefer the chess match; no offense.
Eltyr chapter 8 . 7/13
Oh, so Daphne Greengrass isn't an OC? Shame. I hope you'll include more of her in the story: it'd be interesting for the Potter gang to actually have a friend from Slytherin, break the tradition as it were.
Eltyr chapter 4 . 7/13
Interesting revision of the Troll fight.
Ahh, the Flipendo knock-back jinx. Takes me back to the days when I played the really old (new back then) Harry Potter games as a kid :)
Eltyr chapter 3 . 7/13
Mmmm, still not sure the no-Ron thing is sitting well with me. I'll try to maintain an open mind and press on.
Eltyr chapter 2 . 7/12
Ah good, Hedwig is still in the story
Hmmm, interesting change on the Hogwarts Express. Though I do hope Ron comes around soon..?
Eltyr chapter 1 . 7/12
Okay, you've never disappointed me before with your Naruto fics, so let's give your HP fics a try. *reads first chapter*
Alright, not bad so far. Like the nice little wink towards Harry x Ginny :) No enconuter with Malfoy during the fitting of the robes? Shame. Awww, no Hedwig? :(
Mylon chapter 11 . 7/12
Such potential... sad it's completely wasted...

The only thing I read was the philosopher's stone with a new name called battle mage...

I mean really... there is a prophecy and Harry gets zero training? You state different yet all Harry's actions are the same or extremely similar to an abused kid from the cupboard under the stairs...

Those battle mages claim to be warriors... yet a student for 6 years can't see a blatantly obvious trap? (duel at midnight)

Really you save a fellow student from near certain death and you get a week detention?

Also you can't tell me that a warrior takes the abuse of a 'teacher' without doing something about it.

So yea like I said, lots of potential, but reads as a philosopher stone rewrite, just sad.
guest chapter 1 . 6/6
kill yourself, delusional virgin.
Mitsukini Haninozuka chapter 11 . 4/11
I really loved the idea of HP being trained to become powerful. I do also like HP having to inherit his powers too.
The Writer Of Fate chapter 11 . 1/10
Very interesting. I'll add this to my favs and check the sequel.
Neo-Devil chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
tell me, have you ever played any final fantasy games( have I asked this before, I can't remember if I did, if I didn't, then :) on me.)
BlazeStryker chapter 8 . 1/6/2015
I can see freely given unicorn blood as being a vital ingredient in the production of a Philosopher's Stone. Nicely played.
Mommy3 chapter 11 . 12/18/2014
I like what you've done so far. I can't wait to see what happens in the next installment! Thanks for writing!
Taichi-Doragon Tentei chapter 10 . 11/7/2014
Your argument for how well Harry did in the fight is sound except for the part where Harry physically overpowers him. At one you have Harry back hand Quirrel and send him tumbling...in what world can an 11 yr old back hand an adult...I think your biggest issue with Harry's fight scenes is that you right as if Harry is the same height as the people he is fighting when in fact he is most likely a foot to a foot and a half shorter...could Harry even touch Quirrel's face if they stood in front of one another? But I digress...keep up the good work...I know that you have written 2 more books already so this isn't gonna help much but I felt like I needed to point this out. It was kind of the same for his fight with the troll and the sand creature...if Harry is purely defensive then ok I could see him doing alright but then I think about the fact that you say he is wielding a claymore and those are huge swords that probably weigh more than Harry does...just some food for thought. I am enjoying the story though and will move onto your other completed books.