Reviews for Love is Funny
Pearlbunny chapter 17 . 2/6/2013
This is one of the few good edge fanfics! Please continue!
dave chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Im sorry i just cant read any more of this crap
Self2656 chapter 17 . 6/14/2012
Wow, just WOW. Amazing story ! Even if I think you abandoned this fic (the last upload date 05/2011, so... :( ), I'm glad to find this really good story.

Hope you're well, and thank you. :)

And sorry for my horrible english ! :o
TruthxLiesxMagic chapter 13 . 11/30/2010
Right, let's see if I can get back into the swing of reviewing every chapter. I have to say, this fic deserves it, and I don't know why you aren't getting more reviews; it's clear you've put a lot of work into it.

Firstly, I have to say that I love the worldbuilding aspect of this story. Rather than limiting yourself to the confines of canon, you've taken that as a foundation and then continued to build so seamlessly that sometimes I have to double-check what's canon and what isn't. The introduction of Whistleweed was wonderful, especially since you incorporated qualities other than the ones relevent to the plot. Cowlquape's little ramble was so in character and fun to read.

Which brings me to my next point: characterization. Some authors might find it hard to keep characterization down pat when switching from the canon third-person perspective to the more intimate first-person, but you've managed wonderfully. I feel like I'm reading an extension of canon. I particularly enjoy Cowlquape's POV - especially in this chapter when he was wondering if Twig was hallucinating! That gave me a giggle.

I love Ernest, too. He's so adorable! I just want to kidnap him and feed him cakes and give him all the books and barkscrolls he could want.

I can't wait to see what the next chapter brings! Perhaps some mischief with Twig and Cowlquape in the port?
TruthxLiesxMagic chapter 2 . 9/5/2010
I was so excited when I saw the notif for this chapter in my inbox, and I certainly wasn't disappointed with the content! Your writing is excellent, and with the paragraphs broken up a little more it's much easier to read.

Like the previous chapter, your characterization is spot-on, and I like that Twig isn't ashamed to cry for Cowlquape. Heh, that reminds me a little of a scene I have planned for one of my fics.

Big sad that Maugin, Goom and Woodfish are dead. Maugin is one of my favourite characters. Still, at least now Twig doesn't have to feel guilty about abandoning the search for them, and can concentrate on finding Cowlquape!

Overall, a very good chapter, and you have my on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.
TruthxLiesxMagic chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
What an idea you have here! I doff my metaphorical hat to you. Really, I didn't know how much this fic needed to exist until I read it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all this pans out. How will Twig hear about Cowlquape's imprisonment? How will the rescue go? I'm so excited!

A couple of pointers, though, if you don't mind me giving them. The spelling is actually Riverrise, but don't worry about making that mistake; I had to check the books a few times before I convinced myself that I'd gotten the spelling right when writing my own fics.

Secondly, you might want to try breaking up your paragraphs a bit more. This might just be me, but personally I find it a bit daunting to look at such long paragraphs, although it's lovely to see such a nice long chapter!

All in all, a very promising fic. I really like your characterization of Cowlquape. It makes sense that he'd be worried about leading Sanctaphrax, and with good reason - look where it got him, poor dear.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter,

Magic