Reviews for Clean up on Aisle Three
die Otter chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I can really picture Dean having similar trouble with adjusting to this new "apple pie" life of his, buying cereal included. And it's no wonder this situation caused a flashback of hell. I also liked the fact you used, consciously or not, so many words connected to army, reminding us that Dean is still a soldier, and he will never cease to be, no matter where the life leads him. Poor baby has still a lot of adjusting to do. Thanks for a great story!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Oh man. It's awful how everything that Dean has gone through has ruined him for a normal life. He's stopped the apocalypse and he's supposed to choose cereal? He's cut people to ribbons in hell and knows that his little brother is probably having that done to him right now and he looks at the meat and freaks out for good reason. It's really sad to see. But you wrote it really really well.
Life Element chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I love Fruit Loops! Now with fiber XD
molotovmullet chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
)':

Poor Dean.

... But we all love when he gets hurt. and it's sick and horrible, but what's worse is that we love it even more when he finally has a chance to be happy but just /can't/.

great job.
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
This is great! I have an idea of how Dean feels - I get overwhelmed every time I try to buy shampoo at the grocery store. How different can they possibly be from one another?
MyGuiltiestPleasure chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
That was fantastic writing! I was right there with Dean, and I could feel the tension building, and the fear turning into panic -WoW! I suffer from agoraphobia and occasionally because I'm a mom I have to go to the larger supermarkets to get the better deals. Your story depicts how my thoughts start to form and send me into panic mode exactly. I've learned some techniques to help me, but the feelings still try to manifest themselves. This was excellent work, and you hit the feelings right on the head.

Just a little side comment: I had a conversation once with a lady from El Salvador, and she said that the first time she went shopping in the U.S was at a Walmart because her sponsor thought it would be cool. She said she had to run from the store because she panicked from all of the choses in every category she was looking in. She said she ended up shopping at a 7-11 for months after. She said it took years for her to get comfortable with the oversale in U.S stores. Something so simple to msny but a true obstacle to some.
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
I really liked this story. Excellent work.
Zara Zee chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Brilliant! So very, very believable. I saw the Hurt Locker just a few weeks ago and the scene in the supermarket really got under my skin and stayed with me, so I could just picture this so vividly.

The overwhelming, stupidly irrelevant cereal choices that are just too hard and *shudder* the racks of meat triggering a Hell flash back...This was awesome.
Psychee chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
I very much enjoyed this. That something as seemingly normal as grocery shopping can be so inconsequential and overwhelming at the same time. Thanks.
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
I loved this! It was so amazing, I love the insight into Dean and Lisa's relationship
zuimar chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Hi, I love your one-shots! I'm glad to hear that you're planning to post more!

I can totally see Dean having a panic attack in the supermarket, especially with the steaks, he needs time to get adjusted to dealing with normal life.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
That was really good. I got panicky reading it.
PurpleCarpetsAgainstViolence chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
That was so absolutely wonderful.

Now you got me all hyped up for season 6 and I'll have to wait another 20 (20!) days and I'm thinking you said that you had more oneshots like that and maybe they could help me pass the time? Pretty please? :)

Anyway, great job.
DeeUnnatural chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
memories are a hard thing to forget. Glad to see you address them with Dean. We all know he has so really dark ones to haunt him. Like how you has Dean's show up in something as simple as a trip to the grocery store. Great job.
SuperMiss chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Absolutely wonderful. It's the first SPN fic I've read in ages, I'm totally spoiler free regarding season 6, and your story feels so much like it could happen in the show. Now you got me longing for seeing them all again...

Great writing, tense and powerful. The mention of Alastair sent shivers down my spin...

Keep the good work!