Reviews for Variations at an Airport
Lorna chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Love it!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I love the last one, of course, but I think my favorites are "Friendship" and "Obliviousness."
a pinch of jisbon chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I love a happy ending and how he tells her he missed her the most so cute
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Shouldn't obliviousness be oblivion?

And I think you need a comma in between Teresa and eh. That's in prompt number two, my favorite. With the cinnamon, and the big guns, and the icing flavor. It feels natural.

I loved the last one until there was the kiss. For some reason, all Jello kisses seem a bit off to me. Or at least almost all of them. There's so many delicate factors: the cause, the reaction, the description, the thoughts of both, etc. etc.

The one about Jane going to Oregon and Lisbon being married was melancholy for no reason at all. I mean, Jane seems fine and Lisbon is definitely happy, but the idea that they just keep going is really, really, sad.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Really liked it. Especially the last one ;)
Demus chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Oooh, very clever! Each scene had its own unique merits and it's a credit to you that they are all superb and completely in character. Brilliant!
D chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Adorable. Adorable adorable. I love the way you write for Lisbon. It's absolutely fantastic.

Keep writing! :D
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
While I was reading this story, I kept thinking of things I needed to mention in my review and now that I've actually finished, I can't remember any of them, how ridiculous. :p

I really, really liked this. More than I had expected after reading i. Hatred, which had me quite scared even though it was so good. I shuddered thinking of the possibility that could happen. Your take on this challenge and the 5 (or technically 6) different emotions from Lisbon's POV was brilliant.

And I know you didn't actually hold a poll, I'll still say that my favourite was ii. Friendship. Even though the final one had me grinning like an idiot and I'd love for that to happen, the second one was just so unbelievably in character. I'd love to see that as a scene, I could picture Jane saying all of those things haha!

Thanks for this, thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Cathy
LSR-7 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Quite the grab bag of stories, glad you ended it with a happy one. The first one really intruigued me and I had hoped it would continue. I wanted to find out where Lisbon would go, if Jane would chase her down and all that.

Loved the last one, found it funny how quickly the team disperses, it almost seemed planned. Great stuff. Would you consider continuing a couple of these into longer stories?
MK chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I liked these, even the one that made me cry a little. And yes, I want to see vi. as a sequel to v. Because happy endings are good. :)
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
I'm not really sure which one is my favorite, b/c I absolutely LOVED parts of too many of them.

Loved Lisbon saying that Jane was Hightower's problem now, although while I was reading, I almost thought you called HT a bastard. HEE!

I was terrified that you were going to have Lisbon married to Jane in "Oblivious" but I adored all the wonderful descriptors you used to set her husband apart from Jane. The "wonderful, sane, loving, totally proper person she had the sense to marry" That was just hilarious.

The "Jane Leaving" one was poignant and yes, I loved him coming back because he missed "her". But I really liked the ones like where she bumps into him at the airport and doesn't know him. And even notices the "stupid hair." So, while I can't pick a favorite, I love all of them. I love the "snapshots in time" stories.
Frogster chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Well of course the last is the favorite-that's the way it usually goes with these kinds of fics. Although I loved the second one too.

Liked how you created different situations all springing from the same place and same opening line.

Cho as a casualty isn't an often-explored subject, is it? I think this is the first fic I've seen to have featured Cho's loss.

Write more soon!
dogeatdog chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Boy, I am so glad that last one was a happy one, not that they weren't all fantastic stories, but I was starting to get a little depressed with all the angsty ones (not that they were that angsty, but my current mood isn't amenable to angst). If you are holding a poll, then I emphatically vote for number ii, with number vi coming a close second.

Superbly written. Congratulations.
FantasyFreak4Life chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
All of them were brilliant, the only one that didn't suit my fancy was 3 and my favorite had to be number 2. Very good job!
Brown Eyes Parker chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Are these all out of order? Or was she married, and then divorced? I'm kind of confused.

But it was a good story.