Reviews for Before and After
Guest chapter 6 . 12/21/2017
I love your writing style. All the pauses and stops and the reading the lines. You write a few words that convey a lot of meanings. I love this chapter. I love the feelings and emotions hidden under their blanket. I look forward to more chapters.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/4/2017
oh my god. i believe i have found a prodigy.
Machaon's Apprentice chapter 12 . 6/21/2016
What a beautiful series !
tanseynz chapter 12 . 3/18/2015
Again exquisite. Your words are so precisely placed, the emotions deep and rich without waste or excess.
Are you sure you're not Vulcan?
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 12 . 12/7/2014
You're killing me and they're killing me. AND THAT DANG SUCKER PUNCH OF A LAST LINE.

Thank you for another well done chapter.
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 11 . 12/7/2014
I love this theme of possession from both of their perspectives. Nyota sees all his objects and is aware of his spaces as belonging to Spock through her desire for Spock to have something of his so he may dwell in peace. Spock? All Spock needs is Nyota. *flees into the sun*

Thank you for the wonderful chapter.
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 10 . 12/7/2014
Again I'm struck by the elegance of your prose. It's sparse but not limited and if you're smart you can read between the lines and the story is richer for having made you work for it a bit.

I thought it appropriate that even though Nyota was upset that Spock's heritage didn't allow her a window into his grieving process, eventually she is thankful for said heritage for allowing him the fortitude to persevere.

And you and your killer last lines. I swear, they alternate between a gentle caress or a punch in the gut. Thank you for this wonderful chapter.
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 9 . 12/7/2014
We so often see Nyota's perspective when Spock is hurt. I'm really glad you delved into his mindspace when she is seriously injured. As much as Spock is aware that there are many differences physiologically between him and Nyota, I think you made it abundantly clear how said differences are vastly more impactful when she's hurting.

And there's nothing he can do but let them patch Nyota up until they can't. Dread, indeed.

Thanks for the wonderful chapter.
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 8 . 12/7/2014
I feel for both Nyota and Spock. Their grief is on different paths and it hurts to watch. Thank you for writing!
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 7 . 12/7/2014
You made Nyota's worry and Spock's healing into a sort of intensely private ritual. So much is said without words between them. Spock reveals his injuries to Nyota and he knows he won't face recrimination, merely concern and love from his partner. Nyota understands how difficult it is for Spock to be vulnerable in front of someone yet he reveals himself to her behind closed doors.

Taking care of his skin is just another way for Nyota to appreciate and take care of Spock. Another detail I liked was the healing balm that's withering down further and further and he won't be able to get any more because Vulcan is gone. Such a small thing (but not really) but it's an unexpected and easily overlooked consequence of Nero and his insanity. And I think that because it is something that can be potentially seen as small makes it more heartbreaking. Like insult to injury.

Thank you for writing this wonderful chapter.
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 6 . 12/7/2014
My babies. That's all I can say. Thank you for such a poignant chapter.
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 5 . 12/7/2014
I just. I teared up at the end of this. I love the thought of Nyota making Spock socks. Something so small and important and doting and I just eat it up. I crochet, but I want to learn to knit, but Nyota in the yarn shop with her Bibi was hilarious because that would be me. Figuring out who the project is for and figuring out the color and feeling the yarn for that specific feel.

Again, thank you for a wonderful chapter.
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 4 . 12/7/2014
You're trying to kill me.

I like seeing Vulcan culture through Nyota's eyes, and how she learns about Spock and his beauty through how he appreciates the beauty around him. I get excited when I read about private things Spock shares with Nyota, one of the quiet ways he shows his regard.

Then to have him give up The Lyre. Logically, I understood the decision, but the selfish part of me, and I think the selfish part of Nyota as well, wanted Spock to keep it. And through his sacrifice and logic he shows how much he loves his people.

Thank you for the wonderful chapter!
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 3 . 12/7/2014
Heartbreaking. I appreciated how you showed the theme of time and how Spock and Nyota process it differently and how it has changed through each other and the significant experiences they've shared. For someone to be so resolute and to find so many plans are now literally impossible. Not even plans really, but statements of fact now thrown into question.

I'm glad Spock has Nyota to help him heal as best he can. We can see bits of cracks that haven't started healing with them Spock feels so vulnerable. Thank you for the wonderful chapter!
Majestrix Stormbringer chapter 2 . 12/7/2014
*whales*

Spock! His discomfort in the face of scrutiny. And not just scrutiny, the realization that those who scrutinize are now uncomfortable. It's such a mess and I wish he didn't feel that way but Humans are stupid. They want you to feel like them and once you do something outside of any given parameter they turn you into OTHER.

Thank you again for a wonderful chapter and a great insight into Spock's character.