Reviews for The Love in the Letter
Skye Summers chapter 3 . 7/12/2011
The first chapter is my favorite so far. It's pretty tricky to write about Daisy without making her comically ridiculous; you've managed to keep her totally in character, though. I really liked the way she described the situation and apologized - it sounded just like her, albeit a bit more considerate. Awesome job. c:

I like the second chapter too, but one thing threw me. Sweets is highly intelligent - while "I hope he's doing good" would fit in nicely in a letter from, say, Booth, Sweets wouldn't confuse adverbs and adjectives like that. There were some other grammar issues too, but I really doubt you want me to copy and paste every sentence with a minor flaw in it. That being said, it was very cute. I loved how he kept telling her to be safe and said "I don't want you getting burned." That's adorably protective Sweets for you. n_n He was so cute in this.

As for the third chapter... I giggled a bit when Brennan said "not much older than you, in fact" as she was talking about the dead guy. It was a tad unnerving, but anyone could tell she wasn't /trying/ to be creepy - she honestly thought the idea of a corpse being like him would be interesting to him. Perfect Brennan characterization there. XD

The one thing that seemed a bit off was that she prefaced her discussion of their engagement with "I hope you don't mind my bringing this up"; she tends to not realize that whatever topic she's discussing is sensitive, so she probably wouldn't think of apologizing for it.

Also, a run through SpellCheck might be helpful. Little errors like "oppurtunity" and "definately" could have been caught that way.

Overall, I liked it a lot. )

Looking forward to more!
scubagurl22 chapter 3 . 9/6/2010
Glad to see Sweets included finally! Good first few chapters.
lessthansign3 chapter 2 . 9/5/2010
This is so sad and wonderful that I'd cry if I were Daisy. And the cat - I loved the cat.
lessthansign3 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Aw. Thank you for giving Daisy a heart - so many people have said horrible things about her since the finale, and while she's certainly not perfect, she doesn't deserve all that crap.

Lovely beginning to a story I'll definitely keep reading!