Reviews for hic et nunc
LightTheWay333 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Cute
DublDagrKLL110 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
I like this fic.

It makes a lot of sense because y'know, the fact that Dysley's dead doesn't mean that the L'cie craze is going to vanish just like that.

especially for the main characters becuase everyone finds out that they've been branded during that race.

They don't have their brands anymore, but I gather from they way the Psicom soldiers tried to purge just about everyone in sight in the beginning of the game, I HIGHLY doubt that those soldiers ( or the citizens for that matter ) are going to take their chances.

It is for this reason that I think this game needs a sequel. So many things have gone unsolved...
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Awesome, for reasons I won't begin to say, other than that this fandom makes me sad. I'd like to see more? More is nice. :( But nonetheless, it's still an awesome one-shot.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
A beautiful and realistic progression of what happened post-game. Definitely a breath of fresh air compared to most other fics around here. I especially liked that Serah did not marry Snow INSTANTLY after the game, as most others seemed to portray; and of course, that not everything is roses and sunshine.

A most excellent work. Thank you for writing this, and if you ever come around to writing the long fic version of this, I swear, I will be waiting for updates with baited breath.
Darkgirl5 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
HEY! So, I broke my moratorium on reading FFXIII fic because...I guess I have no more will power left. :) What I found most interesting about this story is that it is told from Serah's perspective. I'm going to admit that I have no real love for Serah. At all. (That might be because I haven't seen the end of the game. I don't know.) In the Thirteen Days cutscenes, Serah just seems like a simpering child to me, which might explain why she 'falls in love' with a man-child like Snow. Of course, she is only what-18? So, she is really a child so I know I'm being harsh.

Anyway, I digress. I liked your story because it added another dimension to a character who is otherwise a canon Mary Sue damsel in distress in the worst possible sterotypical way (can you tell that I don't like the character or am I being too subtle here?) In a game that FINALLY gave us a set of very strong female characters, she is a blight.

Okay, so onward from the Serah bashing to what I liked. You made her useful. You gave her depth. You made me actually care about what happened to her.

I would have liked to see more, but I think that's the beauty of the writing style. It hints and implies and forces the reader to infer and draw conclusions. It certainly doesn't need more and is perfect as a one shot as is.

As for Hope's crush on Vanille-you mean that's not canon? (kidding). It's certainly a reasonable inference to draw from the game. Just as much as those who infer that Hope had a crush on Lightning. I think canon can support either one. Or both. (He's a 14 year old kid. Why should he only find one of these women beautiful? I think all three of them are pretty incredible in their own ways.)

I'm pretty much a HUGE Sazh fan, so I think I pouted when he died without fanfare. *sigh* Oh well.

All in all, I'd say it's a win. The innuendo rather than flat out narrative is a stylistically interesting choice. I'm looking forward to more. (Although I'm going to reinstate my NO READ policy for the time being.)

Thanks for sharing!
jquackers chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I like how Serah began studying medicine after the Hope ordeal, and how you brought it up again in the part after Lightning was injured.

I'd point out everything I liked about this story, but then I'd basically be rewriting it. Loved how it was in Serah's POV, though; I don't see that often, mostly because in the majority of stories, she's still crystallized. You're definitely right about an active imagination being able to come up with pairings here and there. I'm a huge Lightning/Fang fan, but I didn't feel much of even a hint of it here. It was refreshing reading a story that leaves it up to the readers. It doesn't rely on a romance aspect to progress, similar to the game itself and unlike the majority of the other FF games, so it's nice.

I think the title fits very well, by the way, it being all about simply getting through each day. Thanks for this great read! I really enjoyed the realistic take on post-Ragnarok life.
ALEXISSA2 chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Good story, too bad it's a bit short.
808tenshi chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Ahahaha. Oh, man. So optimistic, it's charmingly, innocently, sweet. No, that wasn't sarcasm. We all know how I'd have it end. :P

I think the characterization is fine, regardless of what you think of it. Given, this fic read like a compilation of snippets-which suits it fine-and doesn't require a very in-depth look into the character's psyche, where you'd need to be on-target about them.

Nice change for the hoards of pairings fics. I like it. Then again, chaos and destruction is always lovely. Good job.
seek refuge chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I'd just like to thank you for writing something so refreshing.

All of the Hope/Lightning fics here were making me weary. It's so nice to read something that doesn't have any sort of romantic agenda to it.
twistedthoughts chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
This was an awesome read. Most of the time, post game fics feature everyone settling pretty well in Gran Pulse but this story actually have them struggling to get by and it's terrible but it's real so good job.

I love the progression of events and how everyone changed and grew.
viciousmotives chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
I just completed the game yesterday. Given that, this is the *perfect* kind of fic to read after the experience. The way the ending played out, it's apparent that life is going to be extremely hard after the whole ordeal. Majority of future fics (mine included *holds hands up in defeat*) just assume that whole cities can be rebuilt in a jiffy and the former l'Cie can live anonymous/peaceful/normal lives after everything. You, even if in just small snippets of the years that go by, captured the likely struggles that they will encounter in a world post-Ragnarok.

I hope you could explore that more, even in a new fic, because you handle the matter well. It may give you a chance to make things click ;)
Shamera chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Thank you for writing this. I've been somewhat disillusioned to the fandom lately with all the insistent pairing stories and whatnots- there's such a great world and storyline and characterizations and interactions in FFXIII that I felt it was a real shame when the fandom disregards everything else just to pair up pretty characters. I love just seeing characters interact with each other, love when everyone's mentioned.

So thanks so much for writing something more than that, and writing about what happened after- nothing sunshine and roses, but a hard, harsh life for people trying to survive on Gran Pulse. This seemed so real and while I really hope that you continue with this or expand it, I think it's beautiful on its own as well.