Reviews for the pokemon book
cougartail100productions chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
A good chapter
Cydonia921 chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Hm, well let me start off with a clean statement to start this review.

This is just a carbon copy of the Jungle Book, with Pokemon replacing everybody save for Mowgli.

Now that that's said, I can actually go onto the review into detail.

For one, I was a bit disappointed with the story as a whole. The story was cliched, and the movie's plot doesn't follow well to my tastes. That being said, the Jungle Book is one of my favorite Disney movies. But, the way the concept of a crossover such as this could have had so much more implemented to the plot. You could have experimented with the Pokemon's individual abilities, and perhaps had some action in there. But instead, it strictly follows the movie's plot. And for another reason, the way the entire thing was portrayed was ridiculous. The script-style may suit your taste, but for me it was quite hard to follow. You flocked several people in the same line, and it came off as rushed, and rather confusing about who was talking. Instead, it would have been more practical to do a new line for each character that spoke.

Anyways, my verdict is that the story is below par, and it had potential, but that potential was squandered.