Reviews for The Movement of the Earth
LC chapter 21 . 1/29
Honest to God, your author notes made my entire life. Enjoyed the story in general, but your notes? The true star.
StarSeeker24 chapter 21 . 12/29/2017
So umm... yeah this is perfect. "The Movement of the Earth" the first full length Twilight fan fiction I have read. And this was one of the best experiences of my life. I read this entire story in less than 24 hours and I have no regrets. You a national treasure and a half. It is so hard to find Twilight fan fiction that isn't clunky, verbose, or difficult to read. I am so happy that this was the first JacobxBella fic that I have read in its entirety because it shows that there is hope for the future. I like the Teen rated stories because often times the emphasis is placed on the storyline and writing style as opposed to graphic violence, torture or smut. But sometimes a girl just needs to get her some smut in conjunction with awesome writing, and your work really does a nice balance. You are also hilarious and I feel the same way about every remark regarding Meyer you have made. Your sanity checks have made me laugh out loud, and your voice and work is SOOOO MUCCHHHH DIFFFFEEERRREENNNNTTT ANNNNDDDD BEEETTTEEEERRRR than Meyer! Jacob was just a love bug, but he still remained true to what made him a person before his life was uprooted. Bella was also an actual character this time around, and her reactions weren't so manufactured and painful that I actually enjoyed experiencing the story through her eyes. Emily's relationship with Bella was a definite highlight, and I am bummed as we don't get to see nearly enough of her in the canon novels. You've created a new and improved world where I could shamelessly imagine myself living in. The sense of community and compassion that you have built up between the Pack and the Quileutes. The way you picked apart Bella's psyche and thoughts was truly outstanding and it was so logical for a story so entrenched in magic and fantasy. Charlie's relationship with Bella, and their bonding was top notch and I love that they actually had some quality dialogue and moments together, other than a passing glance or mention. Charlie is a good character who deserves to be fleshed out and explored. Your humor writing is also awesome! Your version of imprinting also makes a lot of sense, and it is adaptable so it works well with the changing tides of the story. This has been a joy and a treat to read. Thank you for bringing finesse, depth, love and reality to Jacob and Bellla. I am so looking forward to the sequel. There are so many more things I would love to say, so stay tuned. Also thanks for giving Bella a spine, and having her realize that her love for Edward wasn't so fool proof and pure as she wanted it to be. You're amazing! "Sure, sure"!
tammgrogan chapter 21 . 12/26/2017
Hello, Happy Day After Christmas
(Boxing Day in the UK). I wanted to let you know how much that I enjoyed reading this story. Sam comes in handy for something. Happy New Year 2018!
XxAlianaxX chapter 1 . 11/26/2017
I mostly read this for the Author's notes. hilarious. i love you.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/13/2017
I can't believe she thought he was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. He's ugly af and Jacob's amazing.
Izzy chapter 8 . 7/17/2017
I love this series its so amazing and one of my favorite's
Fangirling007 chapter 17 . 6/19/2017
Haven't even bothered to read the book. A mate of mine is a massive fan of the series (why?) and said that I'd appreciate the authors note on here. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Well done!
SilverZelenia chapter 16 . 6/3/2017
You certainly mastered the particular brand of "creepy" that is Edward Cullen. What a jackass.
SilverZelenia chapter 14 . 6/3/2017
"sorry excuse for a mosquito" 10/10 best Cullen insult I've read so far

Also if that nightmare is legit something you experienced... yowza. My sympathy. :o
SilverZelenia chapter 11 . 6/3/2017
OH GOD DON'T REMIND ME ABOUT NEVER FINDING OUT ABOUT EMBRY'S FATHER I LITERALLY REPRESSED MY ANGER ABOUT THAT UNTIL NOW DON'T MAKE IT COME BACK TO LIIIIIFFFEEE

(too late...)
SilverZelenia chapter 10 . 6/3/2017
Aaaaand cue Vicky arriving just in time for Jacob's momentary lapse in guardian-ship. Bc of course.

Also... was... was "moonglow" a Terraria reference? Bc if she just called TERRARIA a hack-n-slash I'd crack a rib laughing.
SilverZelenia chapter 8 . 6/3/2017
Oh my godddddd, I think I'M going to have breaks in sanity just as a READER. The Romeo and Juliet is what did it. God, I fucking hate RJ with a burning passion, it's not fucking romantic at all, they're both idiots who knew each other for like three days and had hilariously terrible critical thinking skills, and anyway it was supposed to be a tragedy even if they ARE idiots, but of course Bella motherfucking Swan would quote it. Of course she would. Of course!

It's 3:06 AM and I'm slightly hysterical, if you can't tell.

I'm also mad because the Bella Swan-ness is too much for my poor brain to handle (I actually seriously have a headache) BUT THE BACKGROUND CHARACTERS are written so much better than in canon? and? I want to keep reading for more of them. That was always the curse that drug me back to Twilight, the bg chars could be so compelling sometimes. Imagine how wonderful they could have been if not written by Meyer!
SilverZelenia chapter 7 . 6/3/2017
Mother of god.

"-though girlfriend was such a blase, hackneyed term for what Edward had been. There wasn't a word in any language for what we'd been."

Congratulations. This is the single most eye roll-inducing, soul enraging, exasperating line I have ever read in any fanfic, from any fandom, which means you have done exactly what you set out to do in mimicking Meyer. Holy fuck. I haven't read the books in at least 6 years but this just flipped a switch in my mind and reminded me why I hate Bella Swan on a molecular level of my being. This is the single most "why I hate Twilight" line I've ever read.

Astounding. I'd applaud you, but I'm too busy trying not to have a coronary.
SilverZelenia chapter 6 . 6/3/2017
Holy fuck. I finally started this and I'm in rolling laughter from your ANs. I'm so used to skipping ANs in old, long-completed fics so I keep automatically clicking next chapter and then immediately backpedaling to go read your snark. The "easternmost" rant is what finally cracked the laughter out of me at 2:37 AM this saturday. I had to hide my face behind my calculator, I'm supposed to be doing homework right now lmfao.
SilverZelenia chapter 17 . 5/31/2017
I am... ashamed to admit I used to not think there was anything wrong with canon Twilight - indeed, even liked it - but I plead immaturity... I read Breaking Dawn in the 5th grade (and was scarred towards intimacy for LIFE. I'm so sad this isn't even an exaggeration; sex and pregnancy never terrified me like they did after reading that godforsaken book) so... ah. It's funny, really, because I had a very, very advanced reading level for my age and always had my nose in a book - generally of a high literary quality, certainly higher than Meyer - and yet, somehow there was a brief stint in my childhood that I enjoyed it. Luckily, I grew out of that quickly and shifted wholeheartedly to the anti-Twilight camp (most notably, the "Bella is a whiny fucking bitch with zero character depth and Edward is a creepy stalker" division).

And now... here I find myself at age 19, and I've had this god-awful compulsion the past few days to search for SOMETHING in the Twilight fic archive. I don't fucking know what exactly, but... something that weaves Meyer's shitshow into something of quality, because I think that's what frustrates me the most - there were sooo many fans, and so much potential, the plot honestly deserved better than its own author. Some of the characters, despite the terrible storytelling capabilities of their creator, had really compelling backstories. Honestly, Bella and Edward are the two most fucking boring protagonists she could have possibly chosen. Rosalie stands out to me, in particular. Rosalie fucking Hale deserved to be in a better series of books and she is dear to my heart, though sadly I'll be damned before anyone catches me admitting to that out loud. Leah and Bree Tanner, too. That's another point - the Bree Tanner novella! I haven't read that in a really long time, but from what I remember it was leagues above Twilight in quality, which just circles me back to the thing that always infuriates me - Twilight could have actually been something worthwhile if it wasn't written with the intention of scaring kids away from sex. Honestly, I 100% blame this woman and her religious motivations for terrifying me of all forms of intimacy as a child, but I digress.

This response is getting very messy and I am so sorry. Can you tell it's midnight, I have a headache, and I've been internally screaming about this exact topic for YEARS but can't talk about it to anyone in person because that would require owning up to still giving the slightest of shits about Twilight?! Ugh. Anyway, I read this AN before starting, as advised, and your complete and utter exasperation and snark about this whole ordeal endears me towards you already, as we seem to have the same opinions on everything in this series. I'm a bit terrified by the looming threat of a recreated "Meyer-voice" as I've actually refrained from torturing myself with that since I found my old copy of the books tucked in my closet, years ago, and proceeded to throw them out lmao. So, I'm terrified, but I've never been good at resisting morbid curiosity, so I'm sure I'll end up reading this.
1,258 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »