Reviews for The Road Less Traveled
This is the best Johnlock story I've ever come across. I adore this, so much. Long read and completely worth every minute of it :)
The way you portray this romance is so beautiful and completely unlike anything I've read before. There's an unusual sense of paradox in it. So sensational and yet so logical. Sherlock's being selfish, and yet selfless too in his quest. Not-romance being romantic and romance being unromantic. It's amazing.
It's refreshing that your John and Sherlock don't just jump immediately into things, as I've seen them do in so many stories. John takes time to accept things and Sherlock doesn't even start out with 'love' on his mind (though I am completely certain where they'd end up, it's the process that's captivating), which are things I would completely imagine them doing. Sherlock's 'motivations', the 'completely scientific' way he tries to go about doing this — I really broke down at those, it's oddly hilarious and adorable and angsty all in a mix. I did start out being a little worried about how things would proceed, given how it started in the first place, since it showed some signs of an unhealthy relationship. I'm glad you make it sound, and so it worked out for them in the end :)
You are completely right about the genre — humour, angst, romance, they're all in here, and so perfectly incorporated together it's absolutely delicious.
Another thing I love about this fic is your Mycroft. He's manipulative, he's a big brother, and he's not just intelligent — he's wise. He's not simply being a manipulative bastard, calluse or over-protective in this story — he is a brother that truly wants what is best for Sherlock, and KNOWS what is best for him. Your portrayal of the relationship between the Holmes brothers is wonderful, even more so than stories that focus solely on it. Lestrade and Sally are great in their own rights too, being in no way flat characters at all.
Thank you so much for writing this :)
Maharani Radha chapter 22 . 3/23
This was such an amazing, realistic story. Everyone was in character and Sherlock & John's fears were well-founded. The relationship was really well-developed. I liked having the different POVs. It kept the story interesting! I also liked Mycroft's POV in the epilogue. Always nice to get a third person viewpoint. Great job!
read-a-holic1 chapter 18 . 3/22
... I do regret the Brits marrying homosexual marriage legal... only because one can no longer have that line it fics :( Ah well... brilliant fic :) I think that this is the third time I've re-read it... love your work :)
drovitch77 chapter 22 . 3/15
Wonderful story, I truly love your work :)
ChateauBriand chapter 22 . 3/13
Fantastic :)
JayceeJayne chapter 15 . 3/12
God... I actually really teared up. You, are amazing.
(I have an account under this name, just haven't gotten around to logging in)
glowingXembers chapter 4 . 3/9
O.o I love this!
glowingXembers chapter 1 . 3/9
Omg I love where this is going! Enjoying this already
MistaMeow chapter 22 . 2/4
Just finished reading this story and have to tell you how very much I enjoyed it! The characters are so true to canon! Amazing! Thanks so much for all the time and effort you must have put into writing and sharing this!
Anonyme chapter 22 . 2/3
Awww... that was adorable. Kudos to Mycroft for his interference, Greg is amusing, Sally tolerable (not in the sense of the writing style, but her behaviour within the story)- she was doing what she thought was best- I do particularly love their protectiveness of one another :) ... and the Mummy Holmes was hilarious :) Thank you so very much for a quality piece of work
VendettaPhantomhive chapter 22 . 2/2
I loved the overall story, the tattoo included, but I have a feeling that John is going to get pretty tired of the question thing quickly.
MidnightWillows chapter 22 . 1/28
God, I don't think I've ever been this emotionally involved with a story before. So beautiful in so many was. Brilliant, just completely brilliant!
lightpurple chapter 20 . 1/20
A beautiful story. Thanks for posting it and share it to the world. love the ending. :)
ThousandxSunny chapter 1 . 1/19
haha i felt so silly after re-reading the summary, my brain for some unbeknownst reason decided to translate it as, john GETS married, and i was like, O_o Sherlock's going to seduce and win him over when he's married?! then lo and behold i realise that i've just misunderstood the summary lol
notsmaug chapter 13 . 1/19
Holy Molly.. I know what's coming.. At least you had the decency to inform us about such matter coming. I ADORE this story.
1,490 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »