Reviews for Beneath the Pure Sky
devil M chapter 5 . 4/19/2011
Hi there nice story when is the next chapter coming?
Whitefleur chapter 4 . 11/3/2010
I like the story. Though, I am still confused with some parts of it. Hopefully, you'll eventually explain it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

~ Whitefleur
confusing backgrounds chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
this story is really cool so far, I do hope you have some sephiroth, genesis and Angeal and more Vincent in it, but it's really good so far.
J Luc Pitard chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
Now all the players are gathered in 7th Heaven...

I liked his instant interest in Aerith and the ribbon gift. It was terribly unclear what was going on when the Turks appeared. Aerith seems scared of them, but then they stand there while she tries to figure out why Zach wants to get away from them, before leading him off to the bar. It feels odd. Granted, his falling quickly for her fits and you wouldn't expect her to feel likewise, but they're standing out in front of the ribbon seller and the Turks are somewhere else (as yet undefined) and it all feels too vague while she looks at him with suspicion.

The line, "Those suits wasn't for mistakes." made my eyes cross trying to figure it out. (I usually mentally edit as I read since fan fic is all just like reading first and second drafts and I don't generally worry or complain unless something takes away from a moment with a humorous misplaced word or if I can't understand the meaning. This falls in the latter category.)
writer chapter 5 . 10/31/2010
great chapter. great story! I'm really enjoying it and it's very creative. can't wait for more. keep up the great work!
ffangelwing chapter 4 . 10/17/2010
Jejeje this one was funny. I can imagine Zack lost in a crowd of people, typical of him (mmmm...where is Vincent?), finally they meet again, now I want to know what will happen next. Great chapter!
J Luc Pitard chapter 4 . 10/16/2010
Interesting AU. I like that Zach and Cloud have had the chance to grow up together, though Tifa and Cloud didn't. I guess they'll just have to get to know each other now! The description of the sixteen year old (approx?) Cloud was great, especially following Zach's. This story has a good tone and a nice balance between the mysteries and the everyday details. Not sure how to feel about the experiments and their purpose via Shinra, but I look forward to finding out.
ffangelwing chapter 3 . 9/26/2010
Absolutely worth it, the way you describe the city and all the problems caused for the mako reactors is very accurate.

I'm glad to see little Marlene is in this story, she is very perceptive and clever.

Jejeje poor Zack to spend all the money in a broken compass...but it was really broken? maybe they were intended to reach Midgar, well, time will tell. Please keep updating because this is getting more and more interesting every time i read it. Great Job!
ffangelwing chapter 2 . 9/26/2010
Finally I'm able to read this chapter...is getting more interesting and the backflash helps to understand a little more about "the experiment" but of course that is still a mystery i will like to know, love to see more of the group...great chapter, and now to the next one ;)
Emerald Princess of Vernea chapter 2 . 9/15/2010
Okay, time for my second review!

I am still loving what you're doing with this story. You're drawing everything that you know about the original story and Shinra and putting it all into your alternate world, yet developing it further. Even in just one chapter you've managed to portray a world that is bleak and suffering, where sunlight can't even get through to give proper life to the world, as though everything is only just hanging on.

I have to give you really good credit for the flashback scene with Vincent. I loved how you provided the setup for Cloud and Zack's current whereabouts, without giving too much information away. That is true talent to writing and leaves your reader wanting to know more, and will read more to get it. I know I'm certainly intrigued to know just what Grimoire and Lucrecia were up to with their experiments.

But most of all, I love the clear bond Cloud and Zack have. Especially Zack's protectiveness. I love that kind of bond between characters. It gives them more feelng and more personality, and it is totally true to Zack. He was always protective of Cloud, and you've got that nailed.

There are a few word corrections I'd like to make, but I'll probably PM you with those if that's okay.

Can't wait for the next instalment!
A Morning Star chapter 2 . 9/12/2010
I saw this update in my inbox a couple days ago. I hadn't read it yet, though, because of work and school; usually when I am home I am too tired, and I wanted to read this with a lucid mind so that I could fully appreciate it. I am glad I waited.

I really enjoy this story. It's AU it seems, which is good, and you have an interesting cast of characters with similar circumstances, and you were very clever in making them split up. Reading about the ins and outs of six characters constantly is tedious. It's more effort on you, too.

My only concern is that Cloud is going to be completely ineffective. I'm not certain how you're going to build on things either. I'm guessing their will eventually be strife between the two groups [if they did indeed separate at all), that sort of is the crux of the conflict with FFVII. Cloud vs Sephiroth. Maybe you'll end up making the fight emotional, the one in the game wasn't that emotional between the two characters because they only shared resolve and malice towards another. Dismiss my muses.

Regardless I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
A Morning Star chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
[motions for you to continue]

I am so happy when I read a smooth story with few grammar errors. No one really cares about preps and stuff, but direct addresses, dialogue and common words are important. Glad you nailed them all.

Writing from Tifa's perspective is working quite well; I hope you don't follow that trend where you switch them all of the time.

Looking forward to an update
Emerald Princess of Vernea chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Wow, I am very intrigued! I can't even find much to critique. It is very well written-such a nice change. You've provided intrigue, mystery, and incorporated and adapted Shinra history.

...That's really about all I can say. There is literally nothing I can pick out that would need improving! I do hope you continue this!
ffangelwing chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
They're so cute when they were children...I like this AU and the experiment you mention in the disclaimer makes me very curious. Please update I want to know why Zack and Cloud have disappeared.
lovely melodies chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Lovely beginning, cant wait for the next chapter. :3

I wonder has happened to Zack and Cloud, and if the two are together somewhere on the planet.

The last sentence in the chapter was nice too. Whimsical and mysterious :D