Reviews for House of Mirrors 1: Diable - ON INDEFINITE HIATUS
slightlyxjaded chapter 4 . 12/5/2014
Wow! What an intriguing story! I second all of Merr2's comments. It's a tough issue of what controls Remy more...his ties to Rogue or his ties to Sinister...and I'm glad to see that you're tackling this because it is perhaps what I find most interesting about Remy. Because how on earth can someone have such dark relations and want to repent so badly...and how do you go about that without hating yourself and your own soul? Ahhh tis the wonders of Remy's psyche. Anyways...love the story and I pray that you haven't forgotten about this gem and can update. I love the way you're telling this story...very unique...so thank you!
lovely smile chapter 4 . 8/26/2013
lovely smile chapter 4 . 8/26/2013
I really like it! I've never been good at back and forward stories. I somehow get lost. Like just now as I read this one but I like so much.
ZorraPhoenix chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
Is there a house of mirrors 2?
Sugahroc57 chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
I can't tell you how my heart is glued to this piece. It tugs, pulls, pushes and thrashes around to get free but it keeps it's hold firm on it. I love this so much that I think I should stop my heart from fighting and just let the story have it.

I have to tell you, you've written many many fics but I feel this is one of my top 5 if not 3 and it isn't even completed!

Everything is getting clearer without giving to much away. Slow and steady. Like I said before your stories are worth the wait hon...

Ru
Heartbreak Lane chapter 4 . 6/28/2013
There's just something that your writing does to me. Whenever I come across one of your stories in a recent update check, every single time I find myself at a loss of breath.

The characterization is fantastic. The flow is effortless.

But for me, what really gets me,

the writing is beautiful. Always. There will always be that one line, that one paragraph, that one section that causes that inhalation of breath from me because you just have that way. That way of making their story, any story, so dark and beautiful and I absolutely love it.
Warrior-princess1980 chapter 4 . 6/22/2013
I love this!
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 4 . 6/21/2013
Thank you for the pointer. :) I will be sure to check that out!

I have mentioned, I believe, how absolutely GOR-geous I find your style. It positively streams.

Darkly delightful. This series is. :)
QueenOfSpades137 chapter 4 . 6/20/2013
Interesting, my only hope is that you don't let it hang.

From Dixie with Sweet-tea
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 3 . 8/21/2011
Its a wonderful and descriptive writing style and emotions portrayed, though I admit to being a good bit confused as to whats going on and the "plot" continuity. Though hopefully that will get cleared up in the future!
CaptMacKenzie chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
Ooh! This is interesting indeed! I guess the Xmen are out of the picture completely, and both are younger than in the 616verse? That is a very intriguing "what if"! Rogue as a Marauder ... wow. If they had to fight the Xmen at some point as Marauders, I can see how they wouldn't have had a chance, and Jean would have died. Of course Rogue would be pitted against the Xmen's most powerful member, and of course she would have won.

My 2 fav lines:

He smiiles at the edge of his mouth, an uncertain thing, as if rare on his face.

(aww. Pauvre petit Remy! Lost within Essex's directives!)

He captured her in his gaze, and she was whole beneath her skin.

-that, especially, is a fascinating concept I've never quite seen anybody use before. You're seeing it as an extension of his empathy, perhaps? I notice you're allowing for a much greater and wider range of uses for Remy's empathy than you normally do ... just exploring some possible applications?

Speaking of: I've been ruminating on something lately, and I can't seem to find an answer: Is Remy's empathy mostly a fangirl invention? I've been trying to look up the man's mutant powers in the Marvel-verse, and I NEVER see any official mention of empathy in a listing of his attributes, yet I see it peppered all over the place in fanfic 'Net-wide. Would you happen to know where the idea of Remy as an empath originated? I'm insanely curious over this question!
Lucky's Girl chapter 3 . 6/29/2011
Hi,

That was excellent I think it was a good time to kind of introduce us into the history of what is going on here, even if it is still a mystery!

"who they once were than who they had become" That was a fantastic line and so much fun to lead into the past of them instead of everything else that had been going on.

"Rogue never asks her aunt if Gambit is part of her destiny." PERFECT line!

"She shouldn't let herself stare into those eyes. She shouldn't let herself drown." Yup, that's the way it goes down. I really like this, it is obscure, but it is still extremely interesting AU! And you write it very well, Thanks!

~Paige
freakinaforest chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
Well this is certainly different, but I like it. The drip-feed of information over the three chapters works well and I think I'm following what's going on so far. Looking forward to more.
Merr2 chapter 3 . 6/7/2011
I love that she cannot escape or hide from him like she can from the others. I love he sees an ange in the whirlwind of people. I love that not even Essex can own her completely.

I love THIS.
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 3 . 6/6/2011
Well, that's a bit clearer now! :)

So, Rogue is a part of Sinister's team because Irene had a vision, and Raven had to give her up. Remy is the leader for reasons unexplained as of yet, but which are probably similar. Essex tried to control Rogue's mutation, but he failed: Remy actually could help her control it.

She loves him.

He isn't sure?

She thinks his eyes are beautiful.

He says she's an angel.

I love this story. I love the way you write Romy, sometimes sweet, sometimes painful, always beautiful. And I'm hoping not going to implode and fall apart, but if they do, I'll love anyway! :)

Also! Congrats on original fiction? I'd like to read if you don't mind. Is it published?