Reviews for Broken Circles
0anhonestpuck0 chapter 1 . 5/31
Love
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
"FOR SEEING MY LIEUTENANT NAKED!"
That is the most Mustang line I've read. No he wouldn't sugar coat it. No he wouldn't call her Riza. And yes he would throw a fireball out a window.
ArtofthePlate chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
From awkwardness, to character depth, to emotional turmoil, to comedy. You balanced it very well. I was very entertained by this piece, but I appreciate it for the melancholy moments, too.
blithers chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
I really, really loved this - it's got such a spot-on mix of humor and Ed's characteristically brash/earnest attitude and real, legitimate poignancy and emotion, all mixed together, just like the show. I love Ed's outsider POV of the Riza/Roy relationship (which I'm FASCINATED by - how other people perceive the two of them, the glimpses others might catch of how deep the relationship truly is between Roy and Riza - or, alternately, what others *don't* see).

I also love what you left unspoken here, how Ed doesn't know that Roy was the cause of the scars on Riza's back.

Thank you for writing this! 3
July Storms chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
This was really cute. The best part of it, really, is what Edward doesn't know at this point, which is that the burns that mar the scar are of Roy's own doing. I'm not sure Ed could understand that very well.

I enjoyed this. Thank you for the fun read.
biddle29 chapter 1 . 5/13/2015
Oh my gosh...
ThreeKittiesDancing chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Wow, this has to be one of the most unique FMA short stories I've ever come across. Such a shocking beginning! Poor, poor traumatized Edward! There went all his teenage bravado and attitude with Mustang...now he's a helpless kid, trapped in a nightmare of embarrassment and dread, fearing what the Colonel is going to do to him. (Your line about fried shrimp had me laughing out loud!)

I really admire how you were able to shift so smoothly from an awkward/tense/funny moment, to one of angst, as Edward found himself contemplating his similarities to Lt. Hawkeye, and how he would've behaved in the same situation. You went from funny, to angst, and back to funny again to finish the story off. Well done! I still don't know who won that battle...sounds like both Edward and Mustang had some embarrassing fallout to deal with after all that! ;D
OstensiblyInsane chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
that.
That was the funniest thing I've ever read. Poor, poor Edward..?
Skynote chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I have always wondered what would happen if any of the other characters knew of Riza's tattoo. Lol, not sure if it would play out like this, but once more, an entertaining read with a smidge of the more serious matters.

I loved how protective Roy was of Riza... it's something most people would do naturally, I beleive, but in their case it really does speak great lengths between their complex relationship. Ed's modesty and his akwardness was also a great and accurate touch. Nice ending as well, xD!
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Ahaha. Nice. But...hmm, icant help but focus on the sad parts there. What if...What if that really happened and Ed became like Hawkeye?
Evilfriend18 chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
It's 4 in the damn morning and i am trying vury hard to be quiet because this was F**KING FUNNY! XD
faithful2kh chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
XDXDXD
emachookie chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
It's funny with angst.. Huh. Never thought it remarkably possible but it's here! I thoroughly believe that my words couldn't possibly bring any justice to this fic but I'll try.

The part about Ed thinking of the whole sacrifice thing for a parent's love was so amazingly written. Doing something you don't really like a lot to get the attention and expectations of your parents. It's sad but it's true and there's no use sugarcoating it.

It's gratifying seeing something that just speaks out with little to no bullshit about something in this topic...

Now.. what could have Roy been doing? Making out in the office are they? With a convenient excuse! Freakishly funny! I love it!
Sweet Genocide chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Aw, beautiful story. Thank you!
EchoRose480 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
DAWWW! :3 Pure pure genius.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »