Reviews for Sorrowful happiness
Gawd chapter 1 . 5/15
So...UH. You just gave me a new ship. Damn. And this is the first time i've seen cubaXengland, so the chances of finding more is like zero. Thanks. Really.

Xd wonderful story
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
how sweet and so lovable, heart wrenching, I really enjoy this journey you took me on.
this is so wonderful. never before have I seen this paired work to their best together and full complementing each other. this definitely the first best story of the two that world so well with each other.
it just simply wonderful
really thank you for the sweet journey of this story you presented
Brixland chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
aw, i love this crack pairing
The silverpumpkin chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I read this story a time ago, but I had not left any review. So now I do it...

This story is amazing, so beautiful, bittersweet, and so well written.

I liked the fruk friendship and I loved this franciss sentence

"How could Alfred hate anyone that makes you happy?" (he is a real friend)

and...I could not believe that Alfred just left...

With this story you made me like the cubaxengland xd, this pairing is so crack but soooo cute~

Well...sorry for my bad english

Bye :)
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Such a fantastic story! I love the characterization of all of them. My heart broke for Cuba when England asked him to keep their relationship secret, yet I could understand why England would do it.

I also adore the FrUK friendship, they've got such an amazing dynamic and I love that Francis is supportive of whatever makes England happy.
irishpepsigurl chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Fantastic. Just, awesome. I had to ease myself into this story at first, since the pairing was kinda new, but you've definitely converted me to a CubaxEngland shipper. They make such a cute couple. Anyways, I loved the way you described things, especially while Britain was drunk and feeling lonely. It made it much much easier to relate and it made it more believable and realistic. *nods approvingly* I really, really, really loved this! It was well written and there were very few errors. The length, albeit 9,000 words, was still pretty great, because with this type of fic, I don't mind it being lengthy. :D I also liked how you demonstrated every aspect of Cuba's personality - the soft, sweet side, and the kick-ass side as well. The end made me laugh a little bit, and made me 'awww' on the inside. Loved it, great work, and keep it up. Maybe we'll see more CubaxEngland fics? *looks hopeful*
rae1112 chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
...Complete?
Hazel-Beka chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Th-This was so awesome! It was totally beyond all of my expectations - it blew me away with how great it was!

I can totally understand why England would be so upset at having to act so secretive when all he wants is to be able to love Cuba openly. But I also get that he doesn't want America to hate him. Ahh, I really hope America does man up and get over it! I like how the ending was quietly hopeful, by the way. It was really sad how America did just storm out - I was sort of hoping that he'd be more mature than that, but, well, he really isn't. But I also really like how you had Cuba comforting England at the end and telling him that America still cares for him a lot and will get over it - because I think that's true, and also because it shows that Cuba's more mature and is able to put Arthur's happiness before his own hatred of America.

In fact, I loved the way you handled the relationship between them in general. The scenes between England and Cuba made me 'awww' out loud. They were so cute and affectionate with each other and it made me love them as a couple even more. 33 When England told Cuba that they had to keep their relationship a secret, though...that was so sad because I totally understand why Cuba would get angry about that and jealous of England's affection for and need for approval from America. You got across both points of view really well and I felt sympathy for both of them.

Also, I lovelovelove how you handled the friendship between France and England. It's part of my head!canon that these two are actually pretty close (really, pretty much every time England shows up in the comic strips, he's with either France or America or both! He may act like they annoy him, but they're totally his friends really~), so I loved everything from France being genuinely concerned to him comforting England when he was drunk (and not taking advantage of him - I guess he's learning a few things about restraint XD) to when he said he would be happy if Arthur was happy (such a beautiful moment of friendship!). Yet at the same time they still fight and insult each other because that's just the kind of friends/enemies they are~

Oh, and the way everyone kept assuming England was dating Russia kind of made me guility happy because I totally ship Russia/England too XDD *shot* I also liked the brief mention of Finland and England regularly drinking together and ending up crying to each other about their pasts and personal lives. I don't think I've ever read anything about these two interacting, but somehow I really like that idea! I reckon those two would actually get along pretty well!

Uh, but can I make a suggestion? I know your first language isn't English and although your English is very good, it might help if you got a beta, just to smooth it out a bit and to Brit-pick maybe (because England wouldn't say 'cell phone' - we call it a mobile phone in the UK).

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention! The scene where Cuba and England were kissing was really hot o_o You write Cuba so sexily~ In fact, your characterisation in general is just win. I really like how he was portrayed in this fic! (Plus, the mental image of England sitting on Cuba's lap is actually too cute for words and I love you for writing this, oh I do, I do, I do~)
Live-Like-its-heaven-on-earth chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
This... is... purely AMAZING!
MelodyOfStarshine chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
omg thats such a beautiful story! I read the story "Accented Spanish and Sugar", too, and I begin to love this Pairing!

Hey, I would love you to write more chapters; but you dont have to if you dont want to ;)
farfetched4 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I think you just converted at least one person to this pairing...

I really enjoyed this! I think I completely zoned out of the world while reading this - it was nice how you didn't just tell us everything, so I was kept wondering whether Arthur had told Francis who it was until proved otherwise~ A good mix of fluffy stuff, angst and bittersweetness~