Reviews for At the Close
To the TARDIS chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
"Cause I open at the close"
-Black sisters
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Beautiful ending, I open at the close
Gabak101 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Wow! I loved this story I wanted to cry!
Ariana Ethaitrius chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Wow, this was amazing! I love your descriptive words and the story itself):

I could only find one mistake: her hand hug at her side, (should hat be hung?)

but anyway, great story:)

Ari
Emily Mae chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Awww, this was lovely. There are a few small errors [you write "hug" instead of "her hand *hung* at her side"] but the story itself is very sweet. :]
lele0712 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This is like exactly how I imagined their reunion to be. Perfect
Nightwitch87 chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
This was a really sweet moment. Hopeful at last after the gloomy tone of Deathly Hallows. I'm not much of a fan of the whole Harry/Ginny lovestory, especially as I don't really see them as a "man" and "woman" yet. But I do like the moment of exhaustion and relief of them just flying into each others' arms, and the promise of a new life. The reality of that kiss after Harry imagined this as he walked into what he assumed to be his death. How surreal it must feel to suddenly have that life back again - and to not only have it back, but to truly HAVE a life of his own, not as "The Boy Who Lived". A normal life. I love the last few sentences of your story and your interpretation of "I open at the close". It really is not so much a "close" as it is a new start. It's pure, overwhelming emotion.
Rosawyn chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
That was sweet and cute and lovely. Yes, I very much enjoyed it. :) I love how you tied in another meaning for the words on the snitch; that was brilliant.
Perspicacity chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
This is a nice little scene. You have a gift for evocative dialogue, delivering rich subtext beyond the mere words exchanged. This is the kind of elegance of form that makes drabbles work and I think you nailed it.

If I may be permitted a bit of stylistic criticism, I'd note that the opening was not as strong as it could be, with the first two sentences being frighteningly passive: "There was..." "There were..." Another minor thing is that I found the ending slightly prosaic. With your title and the short length of the piece, you could have omitted the "I open at the close". Also, the very last sentence (which is implied by the simile in the sentence prior) seemed a bit much. Leaving it out (and matters to the reader's imagination) may have worked. In fact, given that this is a story with magic, you could have had a literal rose blossom and open to the heavens with their kiss (which might also be interpreted to have a more risque implication).

In all, I found At the Close a worthy read and a beautiful piece. Thanks so much for sharing.
RodentFace chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Not overly-done, but also not boring. Cute and very well writen.
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Very nice job, as usual! I enjoyed this short little snippet of the moments immediately after the battle-dirty, dusty, gritty, yet still sweet! Thanks for writing!
Pleck chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Awww I love it!
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
very sweet, I think if JKR had included scenes like this I wouldn't have minded H/G in canon so much.
Acciopencil chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Stunning! :)

Great job, I enjoyed reading this!
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I enjoyed this story very much. Of course Ginny was the first person he'd seek out afterward.