Reviews for When Blythe Met Rachel
Visitkarte chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I loved this! It was so sweet and they still stayed very IC.
MondayPM Appt chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Ah, just noticed this was a one-shot. Pity!
MondayPMAppt chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Like the new perspective very much. Blythe is so often protrayed as soft and on the weak side but I like the notion of her inner strength reserves that she was afraid to draw on during her 'll have a job of it reconciling how she let her husband get away with his abuse of House but I look forward to it.
Spot and Punk chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Namaste, this was so lovely, thank you! I'm a total sucker for Blythe related fics and this did not disappoint. I loved it for two main reasons: one, that it was a very sweet insight to a scrumptiously domestic Sunday morning for House, and two, that you have this double narrative going on.

I really enjoy your writing style in terms of how descriptive it is whilst not actually hitting your readers over the head with the thoughts, feelings etc of the characters. Also, I loved House's reaction to his mother's arrival with the subtle hint of being ready for anything where House is concerned. Thank you once again, great fic!
08joanna chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
This is great. I especially love House's response to Rachel's phone play - "Take a message." I can see him being that way with her - acting uninterested, talking to her as if she's not a kid, but ultimately enjoying her and her presence in his life. This story reminds me of your "Family, Friends ..." fic, and I've always hoped to see more of your take on Blythe House - always fascinating. Thanks.
starkidtw chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I love this fic, hope we will see more fics about these characters together soon, I love your writing.
moms5thchild chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
This is a lovely story. You have House down to a tee, but it is the description of Blythe that I love. Seeing her grow into herself with just a few deft words from you was entertaining and revealing. The interaction between Cuddy and Blythe was charming and slightly conspiratorial. They will make a fine battering ram against fortress House in the future.

This is a very very good story.

Mom
neuhuli chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
oh so sweet! please you should continue this story. I never read any story about Blythe and Rachel before. please you should write up more... it's so interesting and nice.
Setep Ka Tawy chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
That was one of the sweetest stories I've ever read! We rarely get stories about Blythe, so this was a special treat! I love how you focused on her dreams for House, and how they slowly dwindled and became simpler, and almost more desperate.

The interaction between House and Cuddy was laid-back and wonderful, particularly this part:

"He left his cane leaning against the end table and used the back of the couch, a ladder back chair, the door jamb and the wall to steady his steps on his way into the kitchen. She'd seen him do the same thing at his own home, where every square inch was familiar and comfortable. She hoped this meant he was growing comfortable here too."

That just struck me as so profoundly - well, House. It was brilliant, in a simple and unassuming way. And you had the House/Cuddy conversation down so well. Actually, all the character interaction was amazing.

...and, of course, Mr. Teddy was just the cherry on the icing of the ice cream cake.

Wonderful job - I'll be looking at more of your work in the near future!
Arashi7 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I loved this! Loved Blythe and the way she turns up at Cuddy's... the dialogues are pretty good and I really liked the small House/Rachel interaction. Also, I'm dying to see a scene with Blythe and Cuddy this season, so you just made my day!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Very cute :) I'd love a sequel .
i luv ewansmile chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Aww. Rachael was really cute in this. Lovely story idea, nicely written.
Brighid45 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
This is excellent. I like the way you portray Blythe here, as neither hero nor villain, but just a mom who loves her child and faces the reality of his life with quiet acceptance. I am glad she gave in to impulse and visited him, to bring Mr. Teddy to Rachel. (The description of the bear is a pretty nice take on our Hugh as well . . . love that, *chuckle*)

House and Cuddy's relationship is nicely done as well. It's low-key but realistic, and both Greg and Lisa are very well drawn and quite IC too.

I enjoyed this immensely. Thanks for posting it.
Lynnie5267 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010