Reviews for A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Zoethezany III chapter 1 . 9/13
I love you Canada :3
Rosemoon1999 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Are these all true? Where did you get them?
Rockinpandabear chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Hey there, I must say I really enjoyed this little fic of yours. Especially number 16, it kind of irked me that Canada was most French/English and Canada's other heritage was ignored but you addressed that and it made my day. The way Matthew is portrayed as a guy who quietly enjoys and lives life is excellent so don't get nervous haha.

By the way; your Sherlock fics are well-written C:
yaoilover chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I love all of these facts about Mathew and I can relate to a lot of favorite was your explanation for him being 's the best explanation for that I've heard for the way he I am American Indian and part Canadian Indian I don't feel as left out as the personifications of Canada and America.
Robin G. Fellow chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
I love this. PruCan is my OTP so this is awesome! .

I just love how these facts flesh out his character. The bit about the blueberries was cute.
quietlyintheshadows chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
this is so great. and I love the pairings mentioned and the way you did them :)
wisecurledqueen chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Wow. Great piece. I really like this!

tatterdemalion chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
These were really sweet. I like the idea of Matthew still loving his life, even without being noticed. Depressed!Suicidal!Canada is getting super old.

Also, it's a little rude of you to tell people to credit you, isn't it? These "twenty/twenty five/fifteen/whatever Facts about _" have been around for a long time, longer than this story and probably longer than the RENT stories - I remember doing one for Pirates of the Caribbean back in 2008 and that was because those were popular at the time. If someone copied this word for word and took it as their own yes, I would see how you could be offended. But isn't that being a little petty? Sorry just my two cents.
emporer hobbes chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wait, he's allergic to blueberries too?

natcat5 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Ooh, this was really good. Very interesting and told in a very enjoyable way. I loves me some Canada, and these little quirks that are just hidden qualities not often adressed was a very nice read. I really liked it.
Witty Teacup chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Yay~! I love PruCan~! That was awesome by the way ;D
Ina-chan chapter 1 . 9/5/2010

Here's actually a fact that many fanfic writers not familiar with Canadian history and culture overlook. First off, we love our French influenced culture. Canada will not be the same without the French-Canadians. They are integral in creating Canada's identity. But Canada's love affair with France as a nation... hmmm...

While Canada and France have a "civil" relationship, Canada's political relationship with France was never as warm as it was with Mother Britannia. For example... If hints of the notion that support of the people for Canada leaving the monarchy seems be growing, both Canadian and British governments act right away to remind the people of how close we really are. (Even though Britain's general masses don't really think of us at all). That's why Britain arranged the Queen's visit to Canada this year as soon as Prince Charles arrived home from his Canadian Tour last year (which was met with great mediocrity). Big contrast to the warm welcome HRM Queen Elizabeth II received which showed that as long as Queen Elizabeth is on the throne, Canada will continue to love Mother Britannia.

Potential problems with France in the other hand... well, we don't really bat an eye. Why? With the exception of the separatists, who only ally with France for their separatist purposes, most French-Canadians don't even like France that much (France abandoning us and allowing his people to suffer under the British is still a very sore spot).

There's also the fact that France's past interference with the Quebec separatist issue has created chaos in Canada's efforts to strengthen national unity. Until it ended with France's current boss (much to the separatist's annoyance), France has supported and encouraged the creation of Quebec as a nation. And you know how protective we Canadians are of our sovereignty... So just based on that, it'll give you an basic idea about how the average Canadian feels about France. (Flip a middle finger with a pleasant smile).

The Parisian French, at least those who even pay attention to us, actually look down at French-Canadians as well and cringe at how we "butcher" the French language.

You see, the French we speak in Quebec is based on "Old World" French. The French spoken by the aristocrats and reminder of the values France abandoned and destroyed after the French Revolution. So the French-Parisians, stereotypically, look down at quebecois as old fashioned, crass, and uneducated. This in turn has given the Quebecois a stereotypical view that French Parisians are snobby and aloof. But its true that the Quebecois has a bit of an insecurity complex about that... but they will never admit it outloud.

Don't get me started with the Acadie (the Frenchies in the Maritimes and Western Quebec)... If the French-Parisians hate quebecois, they will be horrified with Chiac (an Acadian dialect of French mixed with English words and structured as how one would speak in English)... but that's another issue because this babble is starting to turn into a novel...
Mayurei 13 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010

I love how you explain Matthew to us.:)

Nice job!

(And by the way I adore Prussia x )
Hanatamago chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
X. He's only ever abused his status as a nation once. He flashed his special ID identifying him as a nation to the bodyguards at an Alanis Morissette concert so he could go backstage and get an autograph.

I almost spat my Pepsi all over my laptop when I read that. oh, Mattie.

I adored this. and PruCan is one of my favourite pairings, so it was just all around wonderful to read. 3
crackberries chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
III. After the above encounter, Matthew had never called France Papa again. It just felt too wrong.

That one was priceless XD I love this. I really do. I don't think I've seen someone do a fic like this in this fandom, but I sure hope there are more. It's awesome :D