Reviews for Try
irezel chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
whooooooooohooo. shiitdamn. that is some intense psych into kirk's mind. i like it. :D
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
I got back to your site and chose this one to read after catching up with 'Dare'. Thank you this was as insightful as your other. I will read all your 'Star Trek'. Thank you for work, it is so unique and thorough.
islandy15 chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Awesome story!
Arica Princess of Rivendell chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Well done. I don't know if you're aware of this (your story suggests that you are)but it's very true what Kirk probably felt when Pike gave him that chance.

The need and the want to try is there; but then after you're told over and over again that you're down right worthless when it comes to certain things or about life in general, then you start to believe it.

Then several people come along comment on you and your habits but they do nothing to make you want to try any harder than the habits you've fallen into.

Then someone decides they think they know better, try to get you to think or feel what they do and never stop to think "Why are you the way you are?"

Finally someone will show up that will pick you up, dust you off, and say, "Here's the deal...I want you to try harder...Think you can do that? By the way I do believe in you."

And then when you start to fight and try harder, you find it's very hard and very emotionally and mentally exhausting and you struggle to actually do the best that you can. And, every time you fail you do fall back and think, "Why am I doing this again?"

Thank you for getting this thought pattern and this story into the logical order of those that have been hurt by people not understanding them in the past.
The Breeze chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Nice little story.
katzsoa chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
This is so great! I love Star Trek, especially this movie. Getting into the characters' heads, especially Kirk's, because he's so complex, is-to use a Spock term-fascinating. His troubles and mental struggles over the years...this is great. This IS Kirk. You know what I'm saying?