Reviews for No More Pussyfooting Around
patrioticmerc chapter 44 . 3/23
Just got around to reading the story as I was browsing, in the hopes of finding a good one. Which I did! It took me about three days of on/off reading to finally get through it. 263k words is just a treasure. I think the longest (Ranma 1/2) one I've stumbled across so far.

Great characterizations throughout, keeping them from going into OOC-land (too much). A lot of angst throughout that helped with the tension. Fairly easy, considering it was primarily Ranma and Akane throughout. Nice how you dealt with the financee mess so that it wasn't a detraction from the overall story.

I liked the original characters and found they didn't detract from the story but enhanced it. Nice way of using Gosunkugi and his demon girlfriend. (I did note that she was a chipmunk at first...then later a squirrel...?)

Awesome story and thanks for writing it.
You ROCK harder chapter 44 . 3/18
At the start of the epilogue, I was really worried it was going to turn into a mushy-gushy, overly happy ending, where everyone falls out of character, says saccharine sweet things they'd never say, and we leave them with promises of wedded bliss on their lips but no action taken. I was thoroughly thrilled to see it go a much more believable rout, where characters stayed true and dealt with all of their character development like pros. Ranma seemed a little more eloquent than normal; love, death and rebirth must have slapped him upside the head with a dictionary ;), but it was totally fine! So many of his well-spoken lines came out much silkier with his usual clumsiness forgotten, so I could understand the change. Not to mention a dose of cold, hard honesty between him and Akane being woven into the very fabric of his soul, that may have helped a bit, too, haha!

I loved the last part before the epilogue, when Akane was figuring out how to bring him back to life. I had thought his body was going to stick around as the cat-side until he could be revived, but you cleaned up ALL the curses in one foul, deadly swoop! And it was just SO Akane to charge in, chop down a spirit tree and harpoon his soul back into him! I mean, she chopped it down! I literally chuckled at the thought of how over played that move was, yet so direct for what needed to be done. That is practically the definition of who Akane's character is, I loved it!

The wedding was adorable and heart warming, (for some reason the visual I had playing in my mind was the end of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, with all the little kids running back to their families in the village. I guess a weird, possessed cult leader being defeated and a bunch of kids going free? That or a few lines sounding very Harrison Ford-ish!).

It was good to see Nabiki wasn't overly shocked by all that had happened, keeping her money and her heart in nearly the same place. But I don't envy whoever has to pay the bill for the honeymoon suite, Akane and Ranma had better get that down to a manageable level before they get home or Nabiki will have them doing the unimaginable to pay for renovations!

It's hard to believe it's actually over. I feel a bit like a chapter of my life is finished along with this story, so I'm quite pleased to have a smile on my face at the end.

Thank you so much for sharing this adventure!

[Isn't it funny that we first were introduced to Ranma on VHS? My daughter saw one for the first time after we moved a few years ago, and honestly didn't know what she was holding! She thought it was a giant cassette tape but couldn't figure out why it was so big or how to play it!]
You ROCK harder chapter 43 . 3/18
Oh, man, this really brought a sting of tears to my eyes!

Obviously, we knew Ranma was a goner, it was prophesied and forewarned, after all. However, it was so darn sad! To have him slowly drained away, and Akane do it herself, what a kick in the teeth!* But then you leave us the tantalizing thread of hope in his BODY still being alive, and I'm all like, "There's the loophole!" (Pretty sure Akane felt like that, too, haha!). But then the last paragraph...pow! Right in the kisser!

*That moment where you see the title in the story, and you're like, "Yeah, the title!" Then then the meaning of it hits you, and you're like, "Oh, yeah, the title...man."

Seriously, I could say so much more, but there is another chapter waiting and I am dying to see how you're going to spin this one around for our promised happy ending, haha! Also, your writing gets better as it goes, I'm really loving reading this!
Had been a long ride. This story is amazing. Good to see it is completed.
linkgold64 chapter 44 . 2/25
WOW.. what a ride! loved every minute of it! hope you do an epiloge, i would like to see every ones reaction, back in nerima!
linkgold64 chapter 43 . 2/25
man... what a downer... but very, very good! can wait for the last chapter!
Wow, congratulations on finishing the story! I just read the last four chapters back to back, and I'm glad I did because that was one crazy ride. Loved how you tied everything up.
La Pisces chapter 44 . 2/21
I’m sobbing and laughing, and smiling like an idiot! I’m sad it’s come to an end, but think you did a wonderful job giving them a happy ending. There were so many ways to end this, but it makes me so happy (personally) that this was the end result.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
SatineGrey chapter 44 . 2/21
Oh this is bittersweet! I was extremely delighted that everything ended happily, but sad that the journey finally ended! Your final chapter was long enough so I’m satisfied with that, though the exchanges of pledges of love were a little on the verge of being cheesy haha! Anyways, please write more of this kind of stories about Ranma & Akane! I can’t thank you enough for your dedication after all these years, I’m really grateful! I’ll be eagerly awaiting for your future R&A stories!
marianmerza chapter 44 . 2/20
I love it so much!
I don't know how many thank yous I can give to express my gratuity for writing this story and also finishing it.
It was amazing. Amazing!
The context and story is extremely impressive.
I would read another of ur ranma fanfic in a heart beat
BiGDeal chapter 44 . 2/20
Great plot twist at the end. BTW, I'm going to have to read the last chapters carefully. Knowing cats and their sense of humour, I would not be surprised if Ranko's soul got stuffed away along with Ranma's.
Compucles chapter 44 . 2/19
Nice conclusion, if a bit brief, to this wonderful story. I'm glad you finally managed to finish it after all these years. I've added it to my "Rakanma's Happy Endings" community.
jes968 chapter 44 . 2/18
Oh my god! I am simultaneously so happy to see how this story ends (wonderfully) and so sad that I have no more chapters to look forward to. This story is in my top 5. I selfishly hope you write another someday.
caia-chan chapter 44 . 2/18
Beautiful final! I love it, thank you
VlightPhase chapter 44 . 2/17
I have certainly enjoyed this story immensely and I thank you for sharing it. The end of the Battle, demon, and Akane getting the prophecy to work for her were all sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat engaging. I'm glad they got their happy ending. However it was jarring for me how everyone went from physically (and in Ranma and Akane's case spiritually) Battle worn, exhausted and injured to perfectly fine, energetic and celebrating a wedding. I had to mentally put in a "few days later for everyone to heal and recover" to even enjoy the wedding and wedding night. I mean you described Ranma's soul as in tatters before Akane put it back, and when earlier in the story Akane's physical state reflected her weakening soul. Also while I am happy Sachi survived and came to an understanding with Akane she too should not be her hyper energetic self within a day after the physical and spiritual damage to her. The ending was too jarring for me without a time jump. Nevertheless I did enjoy your story very much.
Thank you for writing.