Reviews for Red Blood, White Snow
DeimosPhobos chapter 3 . 1/7/2013
This is an amazing story, I feel like I'm reading from a best-selling novel rather from the Internet! Not that online stories like fan fictions are somehow lesser than novels; I myself am simply not used to finding them with this level of depth and historical inspiration. I've always been in love with all things Ancient Rome, but after reading this I plan to get a book or two on the history of Russia.
charli chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
Also, I know this story is a couple years old and you might not check these reviews very frequently, but please consider writing another story like this, based off of what you have developed here.

Even just a one-shot. I'd be interested in a story involving Dmitri and Vlad's feelings and caution regarding Anya or how they struggle with their changing feelings toward her- an amazing treat if told from their perspectives and your writing style!
charli chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
I can't emphasize just how amazing this story was! It shows how much time, effort, and research you put into it and it might be one of the most weel-written stories I've ever read on FF. It should be published! (Please consider it.)

My only regret is that I don't follow your other fandoms, so I can't continue reading your wonderful writing! You're amazing.
charli chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
This is amazing! SO glad I found this. You are an amazing writer and it's a fresh perspective and take on an Anastasia story!
Tempscire chapter 4 . 8/29/2011
Wow! Such a well-developed fic. :) Good evolution of Dmitri's character, good references to history... Great job!
A Hopeful Voice chapter 4 . 7/28/2011
I love this story so much! It's so well written and so believable that this is almost canon in my mind! Great job and thanks for writing!
Bobbitt The Hobbit chapter 4 . 7/26/2011
Oh man. I should have NOT stayed up this late... AGAIN.

Anyway, quick review... {insert previous reviews' content} Yes, that was real quick wasn't it? And I LOVED the long chapters. Yay long chapters!

I have to work... *checks clock* in a few hours so I should sleep now. That's why this is a "lazy" review. Keep up the AWESOME work!

Onward! To the next story! (after work)
LizzyDarcy chapter 4 . 5/31/2011
So the scam of presenting Anastasia is really to save their skins! I wonder how much of the way Nata has behaved will affect the way Dimitri himself will be around Anya. I'm thinking that his ability to trust another woman into the intimate details of any of his plans would be seen as a liability thereafter, and it would make for the perfect reason to NOT tell Anya about the fact that they're CONNING her, really, into playing the part of the Grand Duchess because at that point they don't even know her yet! In that sense, I guess Nata would be wonderful foil for Anya herself!
LizzyDarcy chapter 3 . 5/31/2011
I think out of all the chapters in this fic, 'Papa Vlad' has to be my favourite. It's so often that I notice that Dimitri and Vlad's illegal attempts in fanfic are merely seen as their pursuit for money and nothing else, and Anya is seen as this shining beacon who leads the dark Dimitri to truth and honesty etc etc, which I kinda hate because the film - however subtly - does show you the desperation lurking behind this con.

There are so many layers here to the lives Dimitri and Vlad eventually end up leading here: their con is - as far as I can see - first and foremost for survival...BUT it is also in some ways a way of undermining a government that seems to hold no concern for its citizens (again, a situation only hinted at in 'A Rumour in St. Petersburg') - they are loyal to the older times, which they have seen in proximity, AND find that this new govt. really doesn't deliver any of the promises it made.

My absolute favourite has to be the part where Dimitri is clinging to Anastasia's music box for dear life...
LizzyDarcy chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
Ouch...no wonder he feels so much for Anya in one of the chapter's in Eleven! (I'm talking about the one where he notices how horrifically thin she is while treating her for an injury...) I do like how he's this secretive wily leader-of-the-pack even then...the best part about this is how effectively you help us picturize the adult Dimitri emerging from the child - I remember how often he plays the leader among his group of Anya-Dimitri-Vlad, and how he often seems to provide for THEIR interests than being provided for, when I see his independent streak here!
LizzyDarcy chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I read 'Eleven' prior to this, so I ended up liking the Macduff reference to Dimitri's birth a whole lot! Great chapter - I like the balanced love-hate feeling Dimitri seems to feel when he is around the head cook...considering that he has no family to call his own, I guess it would be natural for him to turn the next big authority figure in his life into 'father' (irony, I guess, considering that without his knowledge he was really named after his own father!) And for all of us who know what'll happen to him after this chapter, I guess it just makes us feel for Dimitri even more because it gives you such a good idea of why Dimitri the man doesn't rely as much on the idea of a 'home' as Anya does...Anya DID have a well-grounded family life prior to the Bolshevik Revolution, a fact that she subconsciously registers: therefore what she sees when she encounters the concept 'home' would be something she had lost. In Dimitri's case - at least in this fic and many others - he'd never had it to start with.

Would it be weird if I said I simply LOVED the sensory feel you gave for the kitchen? The sounds and the smells :D
Aihoshi chapter 4 . 4/5/2011
Long fanfic is looooong... x_X but I wouldn't have it any other way.

As a Russian Studies minor, your accurate depictions of how Dmitri's life would have been is tragically beautiful. Thank you for showing the side of Russia that Fox only hinted at.

I love love love this story, and I will definitely be reading it again.
Agent Striker chapter 4 . 2/5/2011
LOVED IT! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something with Anastasia! LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH! 3
Agent Striker chapter 3 . 2/4/2011
don't feel like logging in, but AMAZING chapter!
To Lazy To Log In chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
This is really Agent Striker!

loved this chappie, go Dmitri!