Reviews for Naruto: The difference a kiss can make
FlyingLinguineMonster chapter 9 . 4/29/2012
The subplot with Sakura's parents coming around to Naruto and supporting him after he saves Sakura's life was nice to read. I always feel so bad for Naruto, it's nice to read a story where some people take him under their wings and support him.

Sasuke is treading further down his dark path. Once he made the decision to abandon his duty as a leaf-nin, that was the real turning point. Maybe even when he had contact with Orochimaru and didn't report it. Now Jiraiya has that gut feeling that he's going bad and Kakashi knows it as well. But their hampering of his development is only exacerbating the problem.

The Karin-defection plot is also a nice twist, but I enjoy Shikamaru's self-imposed mission to find out about Naruto's second chakra more. He's got the brains to figure everything out and he'd make a good ally for Naruto if he doesn't react badly. I wonder, will you have Karin take Sasuke's place on Team 7 once he defects to Oto?

In this last chapter, both Naruto and Sakura are both weighed down by the fact that Naruto hasn't told her of Kyubbi yet. Secrets are bad business for relationships, and I like how you have it screwing things up for them. It's natural to feel space when you know there are secrets in between one another. It's also realistic when you write that Jiraiya becomes a bit jealous of Naruto and his increased chances with Sakura, when he reflects on his own unrequited love.

I think you have Itachi and Kisame show up in the next few chapters, but not in the same way as cannon, which I like. Mixing things up keeps everything interesting while still staying in the realm of Narutopossibility. It's also hilarious that Sakura takes the more perverted role of the two, though it makes sense. Naruto's development has been a bit arrested by so many people ignoring him, Sakura, being more normal, would begin to develop those desires sooner. She can blame Jiraiya all she wants, but she should really blame puberty and hormones. And Jiraiya.

Interesting story so far!
FlyingLinguineMonster chapter 7 . 4/28/2012
Interesting first date these two had. Dinner and a movie might have been more romantic, but a village-wide invasion certainly makes it more memorable. I do think the story would have been more action-packed if Team 7 was able to make it into the exams and battle it out in the preliminaries, but to each his own. I like how Naruto is learning to use different toads, I haven't seen a lot of fics where he really gets into summoning, at least beyond Gamabunta, Gamikichi, and Gamatsu. There are a lot of ways he can use the toads in battle, I hope to see some more here.

Naruto and Sakura have been building a strong friendship and this chapter cements their relationship. Sakura punches out an enemy when he hurts Naruto and Naruto pulls out the Kyubb-chakra when Sakura gets poisoned, both signs that they have deep feelings for one another. As I mentioned earlier, I think when Sasuke abandons his comerades for the opportunity to unlock his Sharingan, it's the start of a dark path for him, even darker than usual. The way it happens, and especially the way he silences Kin for his own benefit, tell the story of a disturbed and selfish young man with little regard for others.

Naruto still has a lot of refining to do before he becomes the great shinobi he can be, even before he gets to chunnin level he's got some weaknesses to iron out. With Sakura and Jiraiya's help, he'll get there.
FlyingLinguineMonster chapter 5 . 4/27/2012
I love Sakura tutoring Naruto. Seriously, that guy could be a great shinobi if he just learned to think things through and use his brain instead of Kage Bunshining all his enemies until they get fed up and leave.

A different introduction to Jiraiya and different Naruto breeds positive results. With something actually going right in his life, Naruto seems like he's calming down a bit and beginning to settle into his new role as a gennin. With both of them studying under Jiraiya and training together they'll go far.

Sakura's fledgling friendship with Gaara is strange, simply because it's always been Naruto in every story I've read who gets through to him. But it works in it's own way. Sakura is more normal and stable that Naruto, and if she can befriend Gaara, than it might make just as much of an impact as finding someone who can understand the sand jinchuiriki.

Sasuke's descent is even more insidious in this story than in cannon or many other fics. I don't know what it is about turning his back on his comerades during an invasion to kill some sound gennin, but the choice is even worse than leaving Konoha in cannon. There are a lot of fics that bash him, but you really haven't given him anything he didn't already have in cannon. He eventually became jealous of Naruto and desired strength at almost any cost, those things were just brought out of him early and more in this fic.
FlyingLinguineMonster chapter 3 . 4/27/2012
The Wave chapter was pretty short, but I liked the twist you took. Attacking Gato instead of waiting for the battle on the bridge is a track I think is more fitting for shinobi. That Naruto did it all on his own is even better, although I would have liked to see a battle between Naruto and Gato's two bodyguards.

Sakura has really started to turn her thoughts around to match reality and is seeing the bigger picture. And now she's found out about Naruto's jinchuriki status. It's sweet how she wants to wait for Naruto to tell her instead of confronting him with it. That's one of the things I really like about your version of Sakura.

That Team 7 doesn't participate in the chunnin exams is a bit of a dissapointment, but you still make the story work. The fight between Naruto and Sasuke came earlier than in cannon but for good reason, with Sakura's help Naruto is improving much faster and taking things more seriously. Kakashi made the right decision, a divided team wouldn't function properly in the chunnin exams.
FlyingLinguineMonster chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Not many people can portray Sakura as a likable character, at least early on in the series. I like how you have her actually examine her own feelings and Naruto's actions, giving her a different and more realistic view of her world.

You take the one kiss Naruto gives her and use it to change her focus and direction. This is definitely my favorite of your stories, Demon's Path is my second. I've read this story before, but I'm behind on a few chapters so I thought I'd reread it and review along the way, point out what I think makes it such a great story.
Mathiasosx chapter 13 . 4/19/2012
This is most satisfying to read. You do human interaction rather well. I look forward to the next chapter.
Irish Shift chapter 13 . 4/12/2012
this is an excellent story great work
peanutbutterjellytym chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
great chapter
deadfrogpanda chapter 13 . 3/30/2012
I love it. Well written and it feels believable.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 2 . 3/20/2012
Well this was a great chapter, thank you :D
MegaDarkly chapter 8 . 3/16/2012
Dang it... You learned how to piss me off twice in one chapter.(Naruto not becoming Chuunin and their kiss attempt.) Kudos!

XD

The story is really interesting. Good Naruto/Sakura stories are hard to come by, but yours has proved so far to be one of the best on the sight. I have been reading this for the last two days and I am really impressed with how thought out this story is.

I am still reading...
Cree101 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Wow this is really good. I like this fic so far, even though I only read the first chappie. I like how realistic you're making it, I can actually picture this happening in the actual mangwife erythema made sense. Though in the beginning things seemed to happen to quick, like it would go from one scene to another in one sentence. Anyway overall this is really good.
Yamaru chapter 13 . 3/3/2012
I had to make an account just to, review this awesome story. Really like how all characters stay in character.
Saito Uzumaki chapter 13 . 3/3/2012
Update and hurry!
Mu-Sensei chapter 13 . 2/28/2012
nice closure. I like the idea of Tsunade/Jiraya, and the joint training trip. I don't know if you had been asked this, but you could do the movie mission during the training trip, it would be a nice change of pace, and the differences would be enough to make it interesting.
545 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »