Reviews for The Wooden Bestiary
Koalagriton chapter 14 . 9/20
I'm so glad you wrote this sequel! The first one was so emotional, it really moved me and it left me wanting more. It is so relatable and sincere, deep and heart warming. It's the kind of story that stays with you and makes you think about yourself and your family. I loved every moment.
Firebird Scratches chapter 7 . 2/20
All hail King Mikey, eh hoser? XD
D.R.A.W chapter 14 . 2/7
i know this story was completed 4 years ago, and you may not look back at it as fondly as some. but i just wanted to take a little time to say, this is quite possibly my favorite TMNT story out there. the way you depict each of the turtles, and their deep sincere love for each other... and the little light, funny bits that didn't take away from the over all serious and contemplative tone of the story. i've also been a fan of the relationship and dynamic of Leo and Raph since the beginning, and i must say you got them to a tee (or better)? '03 will always be my favorite, and this is exactly the kind of story i want to spring from it.

but yes, anyway, much love to you and this story ;v;/ 3
Vela513 chapter 10 . 12/2/2012
I'm so glad you've put something forward for Leo and Raph. Finally! I've been waiting all this time, I think, to read what it is they 'do'. Donnie just makes all these amazing things and Mikey, I can see/read how he is a master of i dunno.. moral? The heart of the family, maybe. But, I'd never found satisfactory parts for Leo and Raph before now: Leader and Hothead are such vague overused terms and no one seemed inclined to give them meat till now. Thanks!
Allendra chapter 14 . 3/11/2011
Great story! I loved it!
BubblyShell22 chapter 14 . 1/12/2011
Wow. That was a great ending. I loved it and what the article contained. Nicely done. I'm sorry to see this story end because it was so good. I'll be looking forward to more good stories from you.

BubblyShell22 chapter 13 . 1/12/2011
Awesome chapter. I really liked it and the letter that Raph wrote. That was nice.

BubblyShell22 chapter 12 . 1/12/2011
Good chapter. I really liked it. I hope Leo can get out of his funk. I'm also glad that Splinter had that talk with Raph. Nicely done.

WebMistressGina chapter 14 . 12/5/2010
I got to the end and went, "aw that's it?"

Another awesome piece, AR! I so look forward to getting an announcement in email that you're started or updated something. Other than how awesome your writing is, I'll say that you're writing is awesome. :)
Kallasilya chapter 14 . 12/4/2010
This is lovely. I might even go one step further and say it's perfect. You have one of the greatest writing styles I've ever come across in fanfiction. You handled the conversation between Raph and Leo in this chapter like an expert, and I love it so much when those two are done well. It's a pretty hard thing to get just right.

You managed an utterly perfect final line, as well.

Aw, I'm sad that this is over now. :( I hope you've got plans for more fanfiction in the future!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/4/2010
I know it has been a while since I last reviewed, and I apologize. Life happens, which means less time spent doing the things that inspire and entertain me.

As I read and as certain parts came along, I had a host of things I wanted to say about this chapter, snippets that I wanted to add, but by the time I came to the end, I could just sit here and smile - and tear up just a little. This was so eloquently written, so well thought out, so finely crafted.

I will add this bit, though, which made me laugh out loud:

Finally, Raph tears the article from the page and tapes it to the fridge. "This is for posterity."

"Thank you," Leo says. "Maybe someday you guys will do something worthy of the refrigerator."

Raph and Mike gape at him. Then they burst out laughing. With Leo, this time, and not at him.

The present tense is nicely done, too; a hard way to write, for sure.

Anyway, I loved this very much. I will try to play catch-up with your other chapters, as time permits.

Lovely work, but then I've come to expect nothing less from you. :0)

LazyPanther chapter 14 . 12/4/2010
Great ending! I loved how everything smoothly came together. I didn't see the "complete" until after I read the chapter but I could sense the conculsion throughout the entire chapter. Very nicely done.

However, I'm still sad to see it end. :( Will you be writing more in this category? I hope so! Thanks for sharing this!
timme chapter 14 . 12/4/2010
very nice. love the ending of this chapter. one thing, isn't april taking way too much as commission? 15 percent may be normal, but geez, this is the turtles. just the business her shop is getting cuz of the figurines should be enough. but she's taking an awful lot of money from friends who have no other income. ~shrugs~ she talks about how they should bargain, etc, and know they're worth more, but she doesn't give up a cent.
Laughter's Tears chapter 14 . 12/4/2010
I loved the radio scene. Them, all together, just... being.

It felt natural. It felt... right. And after that it was like something had finally clicked into place.
BlowMyHeartUp chapter 14 . 12/4/2010
I'm so happy you've updated :D

I love the interactions in this chapter. The radio part was really sweet. I thought it was funny how Raph and Mikey were laughing at Leo for the article and then Leo joins in :)

It's nice to see that Leo is more upbeat now and that him and Raph are really getting along.

Well, I'm really sad it's over but I think this was a great ending :D I really enjoyed the whole thing!