Reviews for Indelible
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 7/4
Oh the feels! I like how you set the scenes: the opening bathroom is really solid, from the realization that they are both in the stall to the boost to the sink (I do that manoeuvre all the time), the self-supplied soap and undershirt towel. At the motel/house you tell us the boys are binging on Thundercats and the white bathroom walls are peeling; John wears Old Spice.

I could go on, this snippet of story is rich and the characters alive (I am partial to young bigbrother!Dean). Thank you for sharing!
NogadamoBhitia chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Thanks for posting this Supernatural story. I liked it when I read it this morning.
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
I nearly had apoplexy from the initial scene! But it set up this situation perfectly.
Headoverheels14 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
So perfect! Loved it! I had to go back and watch the end of swan song after I read this. That is one of my favorite scenes of all time and I always wanted them to explain the name carving thing...great job. I like your version! ;)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
This is a sweet little story. The boys moved so much they probably didn't feel real a lot of the time.
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Okay, so not cool making me cry. But wowee, if this isn't EXACTLY how those initials must have gotten there, I'll eat my hat. :)

Perfect. Absolutely perfect, girl.

From details, to bro-mo, to the best ending (as I can't help but think of the flashback that runs through Sam's mind while he's fighting off Lucifer).

A gem.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
I sighed, ooh-ed and aww-ed so much I've given myself a sore throat!

You have such a wonderful and tender way of depicting these wee-chesters. The childlike inquisitiveness of Sam's question and Dean's too grown up for his age answer. And I loved how you had Dean hint that isn't always as honest or patient with Sam's incessant questioning!

I fell head over heals for your portrayal of John here. I'm convinced it wasn't always the drill sergeant father, that he had moments of just being a normal Dad. It was such a treat to see his his anger melt away at Sam's answer, to see him hold his boys so tight.

Sam's devotion and trust towards Dean was captured beautifully and the scene in the bathroom really made me smile! I couldn't help but sigh at the ending, it really was cool! Thanks so much for sharing, this was a joy of a read. Take care, Abbi
amyblair chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Loved that Sam was interrupted in the middle of a Thundercats marathon. Loved the hug that John gave both the boys. Loved FartBreath (reminded me of ET when Elliot calls Michael PenisBreath).

Great fic. I was Aw'ing all over the place.
Illucida chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
This was fantastic, and undeniably adorable. Thanks for writing!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Aw. That's really sweet. Loved John's reaction to Sammy's explanation. Just about undid him. :D

Great explanation. :)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wonderful story.

I love how you wrote the young Winchesters. I could picture Sam full of questions and expecting Dean to know the answers. Love the trust Sam has in his older brother.

You also did a wonderful job of writing John. I have always believed he was a good father.

I haven't read any stories on how the initials came to be scratched into the Impala. This was a scene I enjoyed from the finale though I may have not liked all of the episode.

Thanks for the smile and for sharing your story with us.

Until next time, take care.
carocali chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I cannot even express how much I love this. The beginning exchange is so wonderful; the wisdom of a child:

"Why would someone write their name there?"

Like Dean knows. But then, Sammy always thinks he does, and Dean's not about to tell him otherwise. "They want people to know they've been here..."

...Dean leans back, hooks a bony little shoulder with his elbow and herds Sammy through the doorway. "It's a marker, okay? It says, 'I'm here. I exist. I'm part of this world,' even if nobody ever saw them."

Sammy's staring again, but it's different this time. Wide-eyed and kind of shocked but in a good way."

And then for Sam to turn around and take Dean's words so literally and tag their room. Perfect! But the explanation for the initials in the Impala just make my heart soar with love. You always get it SO right!

Harrigan chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I love how you handle wee!chesters! The yearning in Sam for something he doesn't have, even when he's so young he doesn't know why. Big brother Dean who always understands Sammy and knows how to give him what he needs. And John - I kinda want to give him a hug here, too.

(My personal canon is that John was a better dad when the kids were younger. The older they got, the more he turned into a drill sergeant. This works fine with my canon *g*!)
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 9/6/2010