Reviews for Miracle Of The Moment
Jewel Princess1992 chapter 2 . 9/22/2012
This chapter was full of angst! But thankyou for not killing him as i seriously hate death fics! Mostly because i take it too seriously and my mind ends up creating the whole scene so it gets harder. Great drama by the way!
Jewel Princess1992 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
That was so adorable! You even got their personalities right! Great job with it! Logan is too sweet and smart for his own good! And carlos as friendly as ever and james still loving his face and his friends, and then there is kendall as blunt and straight forward as ever!
insideimasadrainbow chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I cannot not stop beaming right now. I'd have a favorite line but then I'd read more and fall in love with a different line until I just loved all the lines in the chapter. XD this was so amazing. :D seriously.
CelestialSonata7 chapter 4 . 8/20/2012
Oh gosh, this was perfect! I've ALWAYS thought about that happening when I watch that episode, and I was kind of bummed when it didn't, and when they didn't apologize for leaving Logan to do all the work. Thank you for giving me closure on this episode! This was perfect! :D
Fish Stick Friday chapter 16 . 12/8/2011
Hello! Cheeky and I worked things out between us. I thought I'd let you know...

I love how Kendall was "slapping blindly in its general direction." Man, the mental image is priceless! :)

Aww! Mama Knight is such a great mom!

Kendall's walking outside in his bare feet? Put some shoes on, boy! Ouch!

Yeah, um I'm so confused.I didn't want to say anything thinking that you might explain it soon, and you still might, but yeah, just why is Kendall injured? Are those three gravestones who I think they are? *is sad*

An ark, Carlos? Really? I'm going out on a limb and making a prediction; 2012 will be the year that Carlos overtakes Logan as my fav character. Just you watch; what I thought would NEVER happen WILL happen. Why? Carlos is so freaking adorable! The ark business proves it!

Yeah, I always pictured Logan (show Logan mind you...) as an extremely careful and responsible driver too.

Haha, I loved how Kendall uses Logan's nickname but calls James and Carlos James and Carlos.

OMG! Poor Carlos! Why are you doing this to me, Laura? You know don't like picturing Carlos like that!

See? And why weren't you so graphic when describing what James looked like? That's just mean!;) Holy cow! How many times have you killed James off in your stories? Poor James! :(

OMG! Then Logan's reaction to seeing James! Yep. You just killed me. No, Logan clinging to James' shirt killed me. I'm dead now.

As if I wasn't dead enough, then Logan had to kill me some more when he told Kendal to sit wih James so he isn't scared. But he's not even ALIVE Logie. :(

Of course. I knew Logan couldn't JUST have a gash on his forehead!

Stop it, Logan! Quit talking about James like he's alive when he's not! You're breaking my heart!

Aww! That was so sweet when Logan patted Carlos' cheek!

Studying? Gosh! What is this? I'm starting to think I'd be better off reading Stand By Me. At least in that ONLY Carlos dies (that I know of...I never could bring myself to finish...)In this, it looks like Carlos, James, and Logan will die! *sniffles*

Logan, sweetie, I don't think you have enough Band-Aids to patch Carlos up. :(

Okay, I'm getting a bad feeling about them not being able to take Logan too. Something bad is going to happen before the ambulance comes back for him, huh? *is worried*

Gosh, Laura! My eyes! I don't want to read about the paramedics losing Carlos in the back of the ambulance! Make it stop! Poor Carlos! How can you kill him off? *sobs*

Oh! Logan is riding in a second ambulance. I originally thought only one ambulance came, and they only had room for two boys: Kendall and Carlos. Yeah...I'm slow...

OMG! Then Kendall talking to a dead Carlos and holding his hand. It's too much! *bawls*

Poor Kendall! :( They had to give him a sedative.

Wait a second. I thought Kendall saw the bruises that adorned Logan's torso when his t-shirt lifted up as he took off his jacket to press it against Carlos' bleeding injuries?

Kendall, aren't you precious for thinking THAT is what your mother meant when she was talking about Logan in the past tense?

Yeah, how is THIS a "Miracle of the Moment"? There's nothing remotely miraculous about any of this!

Kendall's reaction to learning that Logan had died killed me AGAIN. This chapter might as well be called "Let's-see-how-many-times-Laura-can-kill-Eric." *glares*

Oh Kendall, they didn't MEAN to lie to you! They didn't know they WOULD be lying to you! Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kendall needs a hug. Can I give him one?

I liked your organ analogy.

Haha, I don't know what organs James or Kendall would be either. Lol.

I loved how Kendall told them what he missed most about each of them. *cries*

"...make our kids get married to each other." So this is what ran through my head:

"Do it!"

"I said DO IT!"

"NO! I don't want to marry (insert name's) kid!"

"I'm your father and you have to do what I say!"

Heh. Paralayzed. BTR reference...

Yay! Officer Garcia!

That was so sad when you said that with Logan gone, there were no more Mitchells left. :(

Kendall, it's not your fault! It's Laura's! She wrote it so! Blame her! ;)

Katie slapping Kendall reminded me of her slapping Gustavo in Big Time Songwriters (?). Except she REALLY slapped Gustavo and barely slapped Kendall.

See? I always thought Katie was smart. Like Logan smart, but younger and a girl. Her words of wisdom to Kendall proves my point.

So you had to go and break my heart one more time before the end of he chapter. Didn't you? Specifically, the part about Logan not being a part of the family hug because he was no longer physically with them.

This might just be THE saddest thing I have read EVER. That being said, it was fantastically written. Like honestly, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Absolutely terrific job, Laura! XOXO
WyszLo chapter 16 . 10/7/2011
Oh Laura... it was just as terrible as you tried to warn me... but still. I'm not sure how I got through that. I sobbed throughout the entire thing. My eyes are swollen and I'm still crying and my head hurts. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep, which I probably will.

I'm stalling right now, because I'm trying to work up the courage to write full review.

I don't know if I can do it, Laura...

aklsdfaklsdf okay. Some things just have to be mentioned. Oh my gosh I'm dying. Okay. Here we go, I apologize for anything I leave out in my distraught state.

1. "Guys?" he whispers, terrified. "Logie? James? Carlos?" Logie -broken heart-

2. "Carlos' voice feels Kendall with the strangest sense of peace ever." "Carlos," he sighs, wincing in pain. "Buddy, are you okay?" Laura... oh my gosh I'm slowly losing what little self control l had mustered up. When Carlos responded... all I thought was "I'm going to have to watch him die." Oh my gosh Laura no I'm sobbing again aksldfa;d I can't.

3. "James. James is slumped over in his seat, blood pouring from a gash on his forehead. His eyes. They're wide open, staring unseeingly at the back of Kendall's seat. They aren't blinking. And he's not breathing. At all." JAY alksdadkasld MY HEART. Cue my the intensifying of my tears.

4. "Logan looks for the most part, unharmed." Again, the only thing I could think was, "what's going to happen to Logan?"

5. "Kendall, sit with James so he isn't afraid," Laura I can't do this. I'm crying so hard. This part BROKE me. Oh my gosh I can't. I can't do this. I think at this point I was just repeating, "oh God, oh please God no."

6. "See you soon, bro." -shattered heart- First thought: "bro," second thought: "what if that's the last time Kendall sees him?" I DIDN'T WANT TO BE RIGHT, LAURA. Oh gosh Laura I don't know how I'm doing this. This is so hard.

7. Oh no and then Bunny died and Kendall had to watch it happen and adkfjasdkfasdfad NO LAURA I CANNOT.

8. "Daddy came from the city," Just... the way she used "Daddy" instead of "Dad," Laura, I started crying even harder. That part REALLY got to me.

9. "No!" he shouts, pulling away and ignoring the searing pain all throughout his entire body. "James and Carlos are gone, Logan can't be gone too! I need Logan! I can't do this alone. Mom. . ." Kendall trails off and turns over on his side. His arms go around himself as he starts to shake with sobs that seem to be tearing him apart. "Not Logan too," he chokes out. "Please." It is taking so much effort to stop crying enough to try and write something about my Logie-Bear. Laura... I sobbed. I felt like Kendall. I don't know if I can say anything else. I don't know if I need to.

10. "His unconditional love for his best friends had allowed him to be whatever they needed him to be. But now he didn't have them to need him." A;KLDSJFAKLS;FHASDKF KINDLE NOOOO...But Laura what a beautifully tragic way to sum up Kendall and his loss.

11. "So he lets Carlos' father carry him away from his three best friends and out of the cemetery where his car is waiting with the heat blasting." I legitimately cried, "Oh my gosh it's Papa" and started crying harder.

12. "Maybe it was when they all went to the grocery store together and Katie had a meltdown when she saw sour gummy worms because they had been Logan's favorite candy." D. I sobbed so hard.

13. "I don't want you to die, Kendall." she says pleadingly, looking up at him with tear filled eyes. "I need you so much. Now more than ever." I have to take a moment. ...Okay. This, Laura. I LOVED how Katie NEEDING Kendall is what finally got through to him. I just... it connected so beautifully to point 10. Kendall needs to be needed... and as horribly and terrible and tragic as it is, Katie needs him and that's enough for Kendall to live for. Of course I loved the sibling bond, but I also loved the volumes this spoke about Kendall.

14. "At first, Kendall only cries harder because he thinks of how they're missing Logan in their family hug." And now I'm sobbing again. My heart is in a million pieces.

Now, after this emotionally exhausting night, I'm going to go to bed. I love you a lot.

ILoveBTR4eva chapter 16 . 10/6/2011
Okay this was utterly amazing. You don't understand how much I love this.

I was reading this on my phone on my way to school this morning, and I'm just sitting on the train like "Don't cryyyy. DONT FUCKING CRY."

So I read it again just now, and I CRIED.

It was just so touching, and amazing.

I love your work. :)
AbbyMasrai chapter 16 . 10/5/2011
I LOVED THIS. Like, really. It made me feel physically a good way! I felt the seriousness of the situation so deeply that it manifested itself outwardly. Just the idea of three of them dying like THAT and poor Kendall surviving...God, I don't know if I could handle that if it happened to me. Oi. It was a hard chapter to read, but it really was beautifully written and I felt like you captured everybody's emotions so well.

Brilliant. I love you, Laura!
Anonymous Skrtle chapter 16 . 10/5/2011
Oh gosh... poor Kendall

Are you feeling like that? Well, I just want to tell you to keep on hoping for the good things in your life. And if you need any encouragement, you can PM anyone here... and they'll help you for sure. You're like an awesome author, and I love you so much! :)

I loved this chapter, and I'll hope you feel better and look forward to your updates! :)
LIV3xLAUGHxL0V3 chapter 16 . 10/5/2011
Your timing for this is so ironic, because someone in my graduating class just passed away yesterday in a fatal motorcycle accident. this was so deeply touching and heartbreaking, and explains how everyone in my high school's community is feeling right now. It's like what you said, "the worst thing to see in the world is a parent who has lost a child." i teared up more than usual when i read these types of oneshots you write. And that moment with Kendall and Katie at the end was so sweet :) I love how it shed some light over the situation a little bit.

Loved this so much! Update soon!
Ghost adventure lover23 chapter 16 . 10/5/2011
Sad and good
Lady Cookie-Monster chapter 16 . 10/4/2011
-hyperventilating- what. is. air. oh my gosh Laura...

first let me just say that I knew it was Kendall :(

- 'Although, by now Kendall finds himself wondering if it's still just his concussion or if he's actually losing bits and pieces of himself day after day.'

babby :(((((

-"Kendall," she take a deep breath. "Why don't I drive you-" "No!" he says louder than he means to. He feels a surge of panic well up inside of him that he tries to subdue.

do i dectect motorphobia? :p poor Kendall...

oh gosh, hes at the cemetary sgfjhsgshjg im gonna cryyyy

nooooooooooooooooooo fgshgfsgjgjs sj ghjs kendall why didnt you just pull over! !fndgbdkjskgsksk -brb crying-

- "K-Kendall?" Carlos' voice feels Kendall with the strangest sense of peace ever. "Carlos," he sighs, wincing in pain. "Buddy, are you okay?" "No."

-whimper- Carlos?

- 'James. James is slumped over in his seat, blood pouring from a gash on his forehead. His eyes. They're wide open, staring unseeingly at the back of Kendall's seat. They aren't blinking. And he's not breathing. At all.'

oh my gosh... i cant even. i dont hav words.

James, please dont be dead. please :((((

-Carlos starts to cry again. "James," he says softly. "I want James to be awake too! Logan, what's happening to me? I'm so cold and it hurts, everything does. Am I. . . am I dying?" "No," Logan lies badly. "You're going to be fine. You just need some Band-Aids." Or maybe he isn't lying. Not intentionally at least. Maybe his shock is worse than Kendall thought. "Yes," Logan nods. "Band-Aids and chicken noodle soup to warm you up."

im gonna get all the band-aids and chicken noodle soup in the world for them

- "I thought we promised each other that we'd stay together," Kendall says now, still laying in the damp grass. "You all lied. You left me, but you're still together."

I am so sad…

Mr. Garcia… -sobs-

Gah, what’s that word you used to describe my story… HORRIFUL? I think that its because this was horrible and wonderful. I really, really loved it Laura

Womp. Im sorry you’ve been so ill lately :p and I really, really hope you feel better -Heart! Heart! Heart!-
AbbyMasrai chapter 15 . 8/1/2011
Ugh, I think I'm falling in love with Luke. This isn't good hahaha. But I seriously love how you capture the boys' really do a wonderful job. You can just tell how much they care about each other. It's very sweet.

I'm sad you have this on hiatus, but hopefully in the near future you'll lift the hiatus.

No pressure, though. haha!
AbbyMasrai chapter 14 . 8/1/2011
POOOOR LOGAN! Ah, I can't even imagine. It's so sad that this actually does happen in real life. Ugh. Life can be cruel. But I'm so glad he has Kendall, James, and Carlos! And I'm very glad he got adopted! They are all really like brothers, so it was just logical that they made it official!

Loved this chapter!
AbbyMasrai chapter 13 . 8/1/2011
I loved this. Like seriously. I could see this as an episode of Big Time Rush...if Nickelodeon would do angst. They tend to not, don't you think? It's quite sad. But I thought the flow and dialogue were both perfect. Especially the exchanges between the four boys at the end! And yaaaay Luke's back! LOVE HIM.

Great chapter!