Reviews for Fog and Moonshine
Lemon Zinger chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Awwww! Very cute! I love it!
L0ndonFog1881 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Beautifully done! I'm amazed at how refreshingly accurate your voices - Holmes' insight here was not only delightfully humorous, but you never once veered him off characterization. And strikingly well written, too!
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Yum! Gingersnaps. They really know how to avoid the cold weather.
passioninprose chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
I've tried three times now to open a review to tell you how much I admire how you opened this story, ending with the realization that you, undoubtedly, have the best of me in this respect! Irony aside, you completely had me hooked with 'It might... It may... It could...' And the quote you chose to lead this story with was both sweet in its own right, but absolutely fits their relationship and the theme of this little story. I love it all!

I told you in my review for The Worst Landlady in London that I thought you wrote Watson's voice very well, and I find myself now doubly taken aback in that Holmes' voice is just as excellently portrayed! I am impressed, honestly.

I'm off to read your other Holmes story now, but I must tell you that I do hope I see more Holmes from you - you've charmed me with what I've read so far. Excellent work!
AdidasandPie chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Really, really lovely! The whole thing connects so nicely. I love the way you started it, and how the middle went, and how you ended it...

Also enjoyed the 'Knowing Smile' and 'Knowing Smirk'. I find your characterizations of Holmes and Watson to be very canon-like and Holmes's thoughts are just perfect. You did the perfect amount of humor, slight worry, and confusion.

And, there's some good ol' fluff. Well done :)
SirNotAppearingInThisFilm chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
How many things can possibly be awesome about a story at once? Let's see: There's Holmes who's totally not-worrying the entire time Watson is out, Watson storming out in a huff... to get tobacco for Holmes (Hard to stay mad at him, ain't it Watson?), the gingersnap cookies (which made me hungry, btw), the fact that Mrs. Hudson didn't have to say a single word to get her thoughts across!, Holmes's awkward apology for heaven-knows-what...

This: "Holmes, you really have no idea what it was that you said, do you?"

"Not an inkling." _

Also, I just went back and found out that you quoted BOSWELL for your epigraph? I literally squee'd. For real.

In short, this was fantastic. _
HRT chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
I've read Holmes stories before, but this is the first one that really seems to generate the proper mood for the series. The style is very 'period' and quite well done.
Stutley Constable chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Now that was a fun little jaunt through Holmes's thoughts. My favorite parts of this were Holmes's observations of Mrs. Hudson. I'll have to keep my eye on this series of yours.
tapd0g chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
That just brings a great big happy smile to my face. Thank you for posting that!
Socrates399 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I love this story! It is so well written, and so adorable without being mushy. I have to say my favorite moment is when Watson says that Holmes would NOT be careful never to say whatever he had said again. :-)
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wonderful! It made me smile quite largely, and it was so in character. Mrs. Hudson was superb! Rarely do we get to read something where not only are Holmes and Watson in character, but so is Mrs. Hudson. I hope to see more from you.
Go Outside chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wonderful story. Well written and thoroughly enjoyed! Thanks.
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
So sweet! And leaving me with a huge smile on my face.

Holmes' voice was exquisite and IC throughout but also somehow fun. I loved the introduction to this and well enjoyed seeing the world through Sherlock Holmes' eyes. Seeing Watson from Holmes POV was also quite lovely. You captured the quirks of their relationship perfectly.

The imaginative descriptions of Mrs Hudson's eyebrows made me giggle. "..and another well-aimed eyebrow from the woman told him he'd best take off his wet things where he stood and not dare to sully the stairs and the landing she'd just finished cleaning." :D

This is just the sort of fic I want to save and read on a winter's day when I need a little bit of heart-warming!

I look forward to the possibility of more. :)

Damsel
Be3 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wonderful. Simply wonderful, and kind, and IC! I love it when someone writes in this style and it doesn't come off as strained, or butchered, or anything! You've just made my day, and it's 21:24 here, I was beginning to lose all hope. THANK YOU.

BTW, what _did_ he say?..
mrspencil chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
A wonderful study of character and stubbornness and forgiveness. Absolutely loved this! Mrs Hudson is depicted perfectly and Holmes and Watson are utterly in character. Thank you!

Mrs P:)